BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good news. In the little time he had a Bolton he gave us an option we haven't had all season. And it also looked like he will be a far better foil for Jordan Rhodes than DJ Campbell.

If we can get the number of tickets sold to 2000 that will be an excellent effort.

Really good news. In the little time he had a Bolton he gave us an option we haven't had all season. And it also looked like he will be a far better foil for Jordan Rhodes than DJ Campbell.

We definitely need a physical presence up top, with the type of football we play and the weaknesses we have in our team.

May I just say a hearty congratulations (and Thank You) on your 13,000th post!

Why thanks Glenn, that's very kind, I hadn't noticed the number, here's to the next 13,000 although I think I'd better leave most of them until Appleton gets sacked and MGP and Orr are sold or retire or I might get barred!

Seriously though, I hope everyone going down has a great day and really enjoys themselves. I have to watch this one on TV but am praying we can sneak through as I'd love to go to see us play at the new Wembley. Who knows if we'll ever get there again?

In the unlikely event we can better that it's always been a dream of mine since I was a boy to see us lift the FA Cup so who knows? No harm in dreaming.

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone fancied meeting up in London Bridge for a drink before the match on Sunday. I'll be going to the match, but in an ideal world would like to travel to the stadium with a few other people, for safeties sake more than anything I suppose.

Will anyone be about? Let me know.

Freddie

MILLWALL ISSUE TRAVEL WARNING
Press Association

Millwall have warned supporters attending their FA Cup clash against Blackburn Rovers to plan their journey well in advance due to disruption on public transport in London this Sunday.

Supporters going to the quarter-final will have to catch buses or walk from nearby train stations due to engineering works that mean no trains will stop at South Bermondsey station, which is next to the Den.

No trains will run between London Bridge and Streatham, and replacement bus services on that route will not stop at South Bermondsey.

Millwall have advised fans to get off at nearby stops such as Queens Road Peckham and Peckham Rye and walk to the stadium from there.

Alternatively, supporters can catch the overground train to New Cross and New Cross Gate and take a three-mile walk to the stadium.

The Bakerloo, Circle, District, and Northern underground lines are also part- or fully suspended while no overground services will run from between Surrey Quays to Clapham Junction.

Millwall have also warned anyone driving to the game that the A2 could be closed.

They have advised all supporters to check highways.gov.uk and www.tfl.gov.uk before travelling.

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone fancied meeting up in London Bridge for a drink before the match on Sunday. I'll be going to the match, but in an ideal world would like to travel to the stadium with a few other people, for safeties sake more than anything I suppose.

Will anyone be about? Let me know.

Freddie

Freddie 8 of us will be heading for London Bridge area about half eleven. Send me a PM.

Given the travel disruptions how are you getting to the ground?

Thanks.

Tube to London Bridge and hoping buses arranged from there (still work in progress). The more that confirm that's where they are heading, then higher the likelihood of buses being laid on. Need I say more.

Push comes to shove, black cabs but hopefully common sense prevails!

• Backroom

Should be really excited for this game, but thanks to our absolutely shocking form since beating Arsenal am only mildly interested now. Only Rovers could almost completely destroy my interest in the club potentially going to Wembley through sheer ineptitude.

Might feel a bit more excited come Sunday, I suppose.

Archived