BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Millwall [H]; 13/3/2013. F.A. Cup Quarter-Final Replay

I'm convinced the draw was rigged in one of our semi finals a few years ago for us to meet Man Utd and avoid a similar 2 smaller clubs scenario. I think it was the Carling Cup.

Really? Absolutely no evidence to suggest draws are rigged. Take a look at past semi final draws.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first final at the New Wembley was between Man Utd and Chelsea. The semi-final draw paired Man Utd with Watford and Rovers against Chelsea. I am far from convinced that wasn't rigged because for a showpiece game the FA didn't want little Rovers or Watford gatecrashing their party which was going global.

From there the quickest route would take you down Bolina Road.

Have a look at street view on google maps, definitely a road to avoid, the stuff of nightmares.

Yes I had noticed that Aggy. I think we will be taking the less direct route!

The first final at the New Wembley was between Man Utd and Chelsea. The semi-final draw paired Man Utd with Watford and Rovers against Chelsea. I am far from convinced that wasn't rigged because for a showpiece game the FA didn't want little Rovers or Watford gatecrashing their party which was going global.

You know the odds were against Man Utd and Chelsea drawing each other, right?

Statistically the most likely event to happen did happen. Then again, I suppose everyone loves a good conspiracy theory.

Dave Whelan's just been interviewed on Radio 5 and said he had a dream earlier this week in which Wigan beat Everton and we beat Millwall leading to a semi-final meeting between Wigan and us.

You might be 'welcome'. It is the leaving afterwards why eyes need to be peeled. That applies from London Bridge to the Den. Millwall fans also know of the transport issues.

I own and rent out two flats in the area - did have three. My advice when talking to each other, whisper. A northern accent is a bit of a give away. Sadly some idiots see this as an oportunity to enhance their thugery attitude.

I will be staying over night with one of my tenants, who is also a friend and one of my lawyers of ten years - also is a millwall fan. I used to live in Bermondsey. So know how to get there safe as I know various routes to take, back streets etc. But to describe these is beyond me on a message board. I know route, but names of streets, no idea. But advise no colours, careful where drinking and talking. I have said drink in London Bridge recently - not now. I suggest, go straight to ground, forget drink till in the ground.

INTRODUCTION.

If you needed reminding, Millwall fans have a particular reputation, to which their response seems to be summed up in the song, “No-one likes us; we don’t care!” That’s why I’ve combined the “How to get there” and the “Where to drink” sections of this preview. One Monday evening in October 1976, the BBC “Panorama” programme did a feature on football hooliganism, focussing on Millwall, the reputation of whose “F Troop” fans, including their hatred of West Ham United, was well-known, even back then.

The programme included shots from their home game against us a couple of days previously. In those days, the grounds weren’t segregated and, that weekend, coincidentally, one of my pals and I were visiting his eldest brother and family who lived not far away. Millwall lost that game to a Bobby Svarc goal [just over half an

hour into the game, if memory serves], but there was no way that anyone could have told that the three of us on the non-segregated terracing were Rovers fans until we were safely locked into his brother’s car and moving, back towards the brother’s home. As the coward I am :glare: , I’ve still not stopped being mocked for my phony South London accent that afternoon almost 36½ years ago!

That memory was one of the reasons why I wasn't planning to go to this game. The closure of South Bermondsey station merely confirmed things.

• Backroom

You know the odds were against Man Utd and Chelsea drawing each other, right?

Statistically the most likely event to happen did happen. Then again, I suppose everyone loves a good conspiracy theory.

Well it was as likely as the other draw. 2 matches to be decided meant it was 50/50 :P

Well it was as likely as the other draw. 2 matches to be decided meant it was 50/50 :P

That doesn't work...only three possibly outcomes from that draw, one of which included Chelsea against Man Utd, it was 1/3 and 2/3.

Rovers v Watford

Man Utd v Chelsea

Rovers v Chelsea

Man Utd v Watford

Rovers v Man Utd

Chelsea v Watford

Second time in the last few days I've ended up talking about maths on here. I must stop!

That doesn't work...only three possibly outcomes from that draw, one of which included Chelsea against Man Utd, it was 1/3 and 2/3.

Rovers v Watford

Man Utd v Chelsea

Rovers v Chelsea

Man Utd v Watford

Rovers v Man Utd

Chelsea v Watford

Second time in the last few days I've ended up talking about maths on here. I must stop!

ha ha! have a look at this

http://www.themathpage.com/arith/what-percent.htm

• Backroom

Rovers v Watford

Man Utd v Chelsea

Rovers v Chelsea

Man Utd v Watford

Rovers v Man Utd

Chelsea v Watford

Show's you how shoddy GCSE's were if I got an A in Maths :/

I swear if you lot fill another 3 pages with talk about percentages...

What are the odds of that?

I swear if you lot fill another 3 pages with talk about percentages...

:D

Sorry, I won't do it again. I'm sure it's no coincidence that I've been hammering a maths assignment all week that's due in for Monday (I've had since October to do it).

I've already got my head buried in a maths book, I'm not looking at that as well! Just basic logic this one, there were only 3 unique outcomes from that draw. Chelsea and Man Utd had a 1 in 3 chance of drawing one another. Rovers had a 1 in 3 chance of avoiding both of them.

There's no other way to do an assignment, is there?

Not that I've ever found. I desperately want to finish it today so that I can watch Rovers tomorrow then go to My Bloody Valentine knowing I can be hungover on Monday without worrying about it. :)

Edit: Which means I should probably stop posting on here and get back to it.

• Backroom

We've all been there haha. Writing my dissertation as we speak (bit by bit ofc). Started in Sept. ACTUALLY started last month, draft due in March 25th, final piece due in April 25th. Then? Exams galore :/

Chelsea and Man Utd had a 1 in 3 chance of drawing one another. Rovers had a 1 in 3 chance of avoiding both of them.

Whilst you are of course correct that doesn't alter the fact that if something looks decidedly dodgy, there's a reasonable possibility it actually is!.

Incidentally I remember watching that particular FA Cup draw as I had similar suspicions of possible skullduggery and I remember thinking it was conducted impeccably and without any possibility of collusion. (Unless the balls had been physically heated up which really is taking the conspiracy theories too far)

Unlike the Carling Cup draw I was referring to.

From there the quickest route would take you down Bolina Road.

Have a look at street view on google maps, definitely a road to avoid, the stuff of nightmares.

Bolina Road is actually closed...this is from Millwall's website from a few week ago.

We would like to remind supporters attending tonight's home match between Millwall and Aston Villa that Bolina Road will be closed to pedestrians and vehicles.
Bolina Road is shut indefinitely, as planned, to both pedestrians and vehicles until January 2017 due to essential maintenance works.

Seems to be a bit too much scaremongering on here about tomorrow. There is a line between having justifiable reservations and outright scaremongering.

I have a mate who is a Rovers fan from Blackburn who now lives near London Bridge. I've just spoken to him about London Bridge. He says we have nothing to worry about drinking around there. I will be meeting him there. It's not even a millwall area. He says we don't need to whisper in the pubs! He suggests getting taxis from there to ground.

However I do have my reservations about after the game if we win, given millwall have previous for not taking too kindly to losing big games! (birmingham play offs)

I'm coming down on the train, and ain't really got the foggiest how to get back. Follow the crowd and hope for the best!

dont worry pal 5 of us drinking around London bridge theres bus back at 4.30 to London Bridge...FB me 2moz pal

Seems to be a bit too much scaremongering on here about tomorrow. There is a line between having justifiable reservations and outright scaremongering.

I have a mate who is a Rovers fan from Blackburn who now lives near London Bridge. I've just spoken to him about London Bridge. He says we have nothing to worry about drinking around there. I will be meeting him there. It's not even a millwall area. He says we don't need to whisper in the pubs! He suggests getting taxis from there to ground.

However I do have my reservations about after the game if we win, given millwall have previous for not taking too kindly to losing big games! (birmingham play offs)

I'm coming down on the train, and ain't really got the foggiest how to get back. Follow the crowd and hope for the best!

I wonder how long we will be kept in after the game? With the direct route back to Surrey Quays station now closed it could be a bit hairy!

I work in London and the London Bridge / borough market area is fine - it's afterwards that concerns me!

dont worry pal 5 of us drinking around London bridge theres bus back at 4.30 to London Bridge...FB me 2moz pal

Is that a bus just for away fans Athlete?

Archived