BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

Fulham fans warned his legs had gone when he signed for us. The best players who slow down as they get older compensate by using their footballing intelligence - Murphy's inability to paper over the obvious cracks in his game point to the fact he wasn't a particularly talented player in the first place.

Tugay Kerimoğlu being the/a stand out shining example of what you say Jim, Murphy is a freeloader and it has caught up with him, Time for MA to prove he is worthy of the pedastal he has placed himself on with his spineless comments,

hope he is up to it

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trouble is he could potentially sit back with the reserves, semi-retire and just pick up his wages. On the face of it, he seems to have done exactly that whilst featuring on the pitch for the first team.

Thats not down to him thats down to the person(s) who signed him. :glare: If I knew he was a dud then I'm sure whoever signed him knew he was a dud too..... so what was in it for them I wonder? :glare: Like so much in football these days it stinks to high heaven.

Tugay Kerimoğlu being the/a stand out shining example of what you say Jim, Murphy is a freeloader and it has caught up with him,

Yoda.... Wash your mouth out with soap for mentioning Tugay and Murphy in the same sentence!

• Backroom

Yoda.... Wash your mouth out with soap for mentioning Tugay and Murphy in the same sentence!

Surely acceptable in the context it was used? Altho it's rather like saying shearer was better than sinama-pongolle.

Not defending Murphy but Tugay played very deep and Murphy in his time here has mostly been deployed right in the middle, the thick of the action near the centre circle. Maybe he would be better deeper with time on the ball but unfortunately there aren't the players around him and you can't really play like that in this league, certainly not on that pitch. He has to be dropped now for rest of season as if they are going to build for next season it can't be around him he'll have seized up by then.

Not defending Murphy but Tugay played very deep and Murphy in his time here has mostly been deployed right in the middle, the thick of the action near the centre circle. Maybe he would be better deeper with time on the ball but unfortunately there aren't the players around him and you can't really play like that in this league, certainly not on that pitch. He has to be dropped now for rest of season as if they are going to build for next season it can't be around him he'll have seized up by then.

He has no need to leave the centre circle. He just needs to pick the ball up off the back four and dictate play but he would rather let Dann carry the ball which shows a lack of courage.

He has no need to be chasing the ball down further up the pitch. The older players who manage to play on in their late 30's find a niche but Murphy hasn't and after about 30 mins he is shot.

Too late for him now at Ewood as his distinct lack of interest recently will never be forgiven. For me his complete lack of respect for Appleton in his post match interview at Wolves summed up his lack of intelligence football or otherwise.

Tugay Kerimoğlu being the/a stand out shining example of what you say Jim, Murphy is a freeloader and it has caught up with him, Time for MA to prove he is worthy of the pedastal he has placed himself on with his spineless comments,

hope he is up to it

This has been my point for a long time.

He has no need to leave the centre circle. He just needs to pick the ball up off the back four and dictate play but he would rather let Dann carry the ball which shows a lack of courage.

He has no need to be chasing the ball down further up the pitch. The older players who manage to play on in their late 30's find a niche but Murphy hasn't and after about 30 mins he is shot.

Too late for him now at Ewood as his distinct lack of interest recently will never be forgiven. For me his complete lack of respect for Appleton in his post match interview at Wolves summed up his lack of intelligence football or otherwise.

I've mentioned this a few times. He should be capable of dictating play from centre mid, no need to leg around like a nutter. Murphy has been a quality player at the highest level, yet for us he looks dreadful. Why?

• Backroom

I've mentioned this a few times. He should be capable of dictating play from centre mid, no need to leg around like a nutter. Murphy has been a quality player at the highest level, yet for us he looks dreadful. Why?

Because he doesn't want to be here, and isn't putting the effort in. It's pretty simple, and that's why he deserves to be jeered. Seems Appleton more or less said the same to him after the P'boro game.

Guest Norbert

I thought Murphy would have been good at this level too. Hopefully if the stories about Appleton having a go are true, then he'll try harder or go away.

Unless I'm mistaken (and it's been a long hard day at school) that's the first time I had seen that - I think I was on Kean avoidance at the time he said it. How dare he even think of mentioning Murphy and Tugay in the same breath. Philip certainly wasn't in a minority of one - I couldn't see the point of Murphy either, although i may not have said so on here.

Saw a glimpse of the LET match report and Orr and Murphy got 2/10

"You get that for turning up" my Grandad always says............so how come they got 2 Mr Cryer??

because thats all they did!

Archived