SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Blame Shebby :P

But really like stu said another Kean master stroke although at the time I thought it could be a shrewd signing

according to Alan Nixon in the Sunday People Murphy will leave Rovers in summer with us paying up his contract

That is great news, he's obviously a bad influence on the team and the sooner he's out the door the better.

Next to go Mr Bradley Orr please, wonder if Ipswich will have him back on a permanent?

• Backroom

I wonder where this leaves our good friend Dixon. Paying up his contract will be a lot more expensive than paying up Murphy's.

I still think Etuhu could do a job here with someone more mobile alongside him

Something must have gone on with Murphy I feel, I can't see how he goes from starting and being captain to being on the way out just due to the Posh game

I still think Etuhu could do a job here with someone more mobile alongside him

Something must have gone on with Murphy I feel, I can't see how he goes from starting and being captain to being on the way out just due to the Posh game

I don't know - from day 1 he was openly not enthusiastic about Appleton. And if that's his attitude in public, can't imagine it's any better in private.

Also I don't recall any player not having at least 1 good game in a rovers shirt. (Am sure will be corrected.) But even Grabbi, Davis and the like had at least 1 stormer for us. Surely that is an all time new low even for rovers - especially when they're meant to be key to the team.

Agree with you about Etuhu though. Thought he had a promising start to the season - if he could regain that form, and puts in more effort he could well turn out to be an asset for us. Hopefully this move will be the kick up the backside he needs. Also at 30/31 he's a few years ahead of him playing football - a very different situation to a 35 year old - so if he's hungry for football then he has to perform.

according to Alan Nixon in the Sunday People Murphy will leave Rovers in summer with us paying up his contract

How many financial hits do we have to take? It seems just about every month we are stumping up to get rid of someone we should never have signed in the first place. If we do have to pay him something though it must surely be open to negotiation though otherwise I'd make him turn up and train on his own every day until he came to a mutually agreeable settlement.

As I've said earlier the mosty cost effective way out for all concerned is for Murphy to get a career ending injury.

Blame Shebby :P

But really like stu said another Kean master stroke although at the time I thought it could be a shrewd signing

A lot of people are owning up to thinking that now.

Absolutely baffles me how anyone could think that a player who has been shyte all his life is going to improve at 36.

• Backroom

I think a lot of us maybe misjudged the league a little and just thought it would be a lesser premier league ignoring the fact that the pace and intensity can be higher

A lot of people are owning up to thinking that now.

Absolutely baffles me how anyone could think that a player who has been shyte all his life is going to improve at 36.

He's 36? I thought he was 46!!

He's 36? I thought he was 46!!

Whatever you might say about Murphy, we could do with him in today. We're offering nothing in midfield and our only tactic appears to be launching aimless long balls in the general direction of the blameless Rhodes and Best.

Whatever you might say about Murphy, we could do with him in today. We're offering nothing in midfield and our only tactic appears to be launching aimless long balls in the general direction of the blameless Rhodes and Best.

We are garbage in midfield without Murphy.

But that's only because we are garbage in midfield WITH Murphy.

This thread is saddening.

Danny Murphy is a legend at Fulham and I had hoped that he would have been able to replicate some of the magic he produced with Fulham at Rovers. I'm genuinely surprised that the Murphy/Etuhu combination has not worked, they were the fulcrum for Fulhams European journey and top half finishes.

Just read today that he is on 35,000 grand a week which is a frightening amount of money given his age.

Has he been rubbish all season?

Danny Murphy is a legend at Fulham and I had hoped that he would have been able to replicate some of the magic he produced with Fulham at Rovers. I'm genuinely surprised that the Murphy/Etuhu combination has not worked, they were the fulcrum for Fulhams European journey and top half finishes.

Just read today that he is on 35,000 grand a week which is a frightening amount of money given his age.

Not half as saddened as we are, ffan.

• Backroom

The man has been nothing short of pathetic the entire season. By the looks of things should have retired after leaving your lot instead of coming here to steal a wage.

No longer even included in the match day squads, which I think tells you all you need to know about his tenure here.

• Backroom

He may have just found himself needed again if Lowe has to cover at right back

In the league I imagine it may be jones and Pedersen / Dunn but we are short on numbers now

He may have just found himself needed again if Lowe has to cover at right back

In the league I imagine it may be jones and Pedersen / Dunn but we are short on numbers now

Hope not Tom. I can't see him being highly motivated for us. I'd wager his next gig is going to be a non-playing role somewhere so I can't imagine him putting himself in any shop windows.

Imagine the worst waste of space that ever pulled on a Fulham shirt matey. There's your answer.

No, most of the time he just hasn't bothered to turn up.

Now that's daft. You don't like Appleton, but if he's got shut of such a poor excuse of a pro footballer - Appy days.

some reports have said he's on twice that.

at Fulham didn't he play in a 5 man midfield where all the donkey work was done for him, all he had to do was stroll around in the middle and wait for the ball to come to him, then just pass it forward?

Archived