BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Burnley game. [H] 17th March.

m1st

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Jones straight back in the side for this, replace pedersen in midfield, perhaps jones in the team will allow dunny to be a bit more creative in linking up with the strikers.

Rhodes is very poor at linking up play at this moment in time.

• Backroom

Just as a side note, if we do finally win, your '34 years' will immediately become our '3 years', using the same calculating method I guess. All very hypothetical right now seeing as how scoring goals is way down Dyche's list of priorities.

Yep I fully expect that to be the case and as Parson pointed out the 34 years is a bit of a false truth and adds extra pressure to our manager

I think it adds to the hostility, most derbies have bragging rights going back and forth year on year and fully expect that's how we'll be for years to come now and in 3 or 4 years this fixture won't mean half as much as it does now

Rhodes is very poor at linking up play at this moment in time.

Rhodes has gone backwards under this manager. With the mish mash of selections he keeps trying Rhodes is now drifting about not knowing were or what he is supposed to be doing. Other people are now occupying his positions and spaces in the box he used to exploit. Not to great effect it has to be said. Up front on his own he found difficult at times but he was able to chase side to side and through this he often lost his marker in the box and scored. The present tactics suit his game even less than the previous ones. Fully expect him to bounce back with 2 goals on Sunday :)

• Backroom

He's still as good a finisher but that's literally all he is, people excuse him by saying he's a poacher and he shouldn't be expected to do more but the fact is for me he should be offering more outside the box.

Best looked a better all round striker last night and I hope we can get them working together well

Those calls of him doubling his value look off now

Bring back Bowyer, mass clear out needed at the end of the season, manager included as well as shagnew and shabba, strip the club to the bear bones THEN rebuild. Im sorry but Appleton is not the man to take us forward (unless we get relegated) Bowyer was doing a fine job running the first team

Bring back Bowyer, mass clear out needed at the end of the season, manager included as well as shagnew and shabba, strip the club to the bear bones THEN rebuild. Im sorry but Appleton is not the man to take us forward (unless we get relegated) Bowyer was doing a fine job running the first team

That is what is needed but to do it we would need someone like JW or Tom Finn overseeing this with the full backing of the Venkys. Never going to happen im afraid because they've still no idea what they are doing and they only seem to take/pay for advice off people who are self serving and have their own agenda and sadly that is about 80percent of the football industry.

"We are going to have to dig really deep now, we have a big game on Sunday.

"We'll be trying to make sure that we come out of the blocks and firing on all cylinders against Burnley.

"It is one from a fans point of view that they'll demand the same effort that the boys put in against Millwall but that the result will be better."

:blink:

We will need a hell of a lot more than that!

Reading this board is like reading ours. Negative, dimwitted tactics, hoofball, lethal striker left to rot, fans past caring...

It's been rebranded 'El Crapico' on the Dingle forum. I'd put everything on a 0-0, with over-excited police outnumbering apathetic fans.

Just as a side note, if we do finally win, your '34 years' will immediately become our '3 years', using the same calculating method I guess. All very hypothetical right now seeing as how scoring goals is way down Dyche's list of priorities.

I'm still laughing ten minutes later at El Crapico - brilliant!

My ticket office contact says sub 18,000 gate expected....and that includes the ST holders who do not turn up!

And that presumably includes 3500 - 4000 Bumley fans?

People have definitely given up on Rovers if they can't get motivated for this game.

I've heard as many different excuses from Rovers fans why they "can't" go than there are Rovers players "injured".

When the chips are down, eh?

Has somebody told Dunn that KFC have closed down?

BFRKqLmCMAEZSpY.jpg

Get keaned you burnley kean, lets hope you kean off for good after Sunday and take your keaning mate with you.

:angry:

david-dunn_1605442c.jpg

And that presumably includes 3500 - 4000 Bumley fans?

People have definitely given up on Rovers if they can't get motivated for this game.

I've heard as many different excuses from Rovers fans why they "can't" go than there are Rovers players "injured".

When the chips are down, eh?

I hope we have some late sales and hit the 20,000 mark.

Two terrible teams going head to head on Sunday. We seem to have some kind of curse on Burnley - they always seem to struggle against Rovers. I thought they'd beat us when we played them earlier on in the season but they struggled.

My team (assuming the injured players don't make it):

Kean

Lowe Dann Hanley Olsson

Stewart Dunn Jones Pedersen

Best Rhodes

Can Best play 3 games in 7 days? Not convinced. Can Dunn start two games in 5 days? Unlikely. Hopefully, Bentley, Marcus Olsson, DJ Campbell and King will be fit enough to take some part in the game.

As bad as we have been recently, the Dingles have been almost just as bad, so I'm not as fearful about Sunday as some.

The biggest factor to go against us, funnily enough, is being at home.

It seems that the players are scared to play in front of the Ewood crowd.

I would go with:

Jake

Lowe Hanley Dann Good Olsson

Bentley Jones Dunn (if he can walk) King

Best Rhodes

Looking at it, our central midfield is atrocious. A left-back playing central midfield and an overweight semi-cripple.

Surely somebody in the Academy must be a tenacious tough tackling central midfielder?!

My ticket office contact says sub 18,000 gate expected....and that includes the ST holders who do not turn up!

Telegraph reported we had sold 14,000 last friday. Longsiders states Burnley have virtually sold their 4,000.

So if your ticket office contact is correct, it means we havent sold any tickets in the last week.

Something doesn't add up

2-0 to the six fingered crew and delirium breaks out in West Yorkshire. A result that will put to bed my interest in Rovers this season as I just can't take anymore, no more RR, no more following results. I'll just stick me head up before next season, see which division we are in and what Appleton's done and take it from there.

Archived