BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

he was never asked if he wanted the job tbf, and he never said he did or didnt want it either, nice quiet, reserved bloke they should of maybe had a chat with him, or vice versa.,

not worth going over old ground though he isn't the manager Michael Appleton is.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was asked and said he wouldn't want it. Football fans are notoriously fickle but to turn on Appleton now is insane. The guy has finally been given control off and on the pitch. Yes performances have been poor but the situ at Rovers is not a quick fix. Give the guy the Summer and then we'll see.

He was asked and said he wouldn't want it. Football fans are notoriously fickle but to turn on Appleton now is insane. The guy has finally been given control off and on the pitch. Yes performances have been poor but the situ at Rovers is not a quick fix. Give the guy the Summer and then we'll see.

You think he'll be good enough to get us out of league one?

Appletons going nowhere, simple as that.

Well certainly going nowhere with the Rovers :D

This time round its going to be a lot harder for Bowyer though, just hope he can pick up 2 or 3 wins.

Would you give him till the end of the season?

I personally thought we played great football under him, whilst the lads really enjoyed playing. Dann and CKR - you could see the joy in their faces which i haven't seen under Appleton.

I'm not advocating an anti appy campaign but i just think if he did go, Bowyer is the man!

Haven't we heard that for every new manager? Berg brought back the joy to their faces, then Bowyer brought back the joy, then Appleton brought back the joy - for about two games in total before the tears started coming down again.

There will be no joy until Venkys are gone. Simple as that.

There will be no joy until Venkys are gone. Simple as that.

What's the solution then, give up?

Venky's haven't given any indication they're going anywhere imminently. If anything that's been confirmed by Appleton's sacking. If they'd lost interest completely or were planning to put us into administration imminently they would surely just have left Appleton in situ to do his worst. What's the point in making more pay offs and going through thre process of looking for another manager?

One step at a time. Bowyer did well last time, is a proper footballing man, and is Blackburn Rovers through and through.

I think Appleton has left us in far worse shape than when he joined us but even so I would say relegation is less likely with Bowyer in charge than with Appleton.

• Backroom

One thing is Gary Bowyer seems immensely likeable and every fan will be 100% behind him for the rest of the season (something I feel Appleton never had)

I still don't think there is enough evidence to prove he will be successful from his last mini spell alone but I'm hopeful and he'll have all of our full support and even a 'new manager' bounce for a couple of games would see us over the finish line

• Backroom

One thing is Gary Bowyer seems immensely likeable and every fan will be 100% behind him for the rest of the season (something I feel Appleton never had)

I still don't think there is enough evidence to prove he will be successful from his last mini spell alone but I'm hopeful and he'll have all of our full support and even a 'new manager' bounce for a couple of games would see us over the finish line

Fully agreed there Tom. Him and McPhillips seem a decent partnership and can hopefully scrape together some points.

Il be there to give Bowyer a massive cheer ! Got to get behind him and the lads.

Looking at the likes of McDermott, Adkins you do get some decent managers from lower down the decks, its not all steve keans.

Step up Bowyer, show us what you've got!

will be totally behind him but serious hope they are chants for Venkys and Shebby to go aswell

Archived