BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Probiz - potential new owners?

I've just searched Probiz as if I was to provide some funding facilities for them (I'm a finance broker)...They wouldn't get finance for a Citroen C1 never mind a football club like ours...shyte company, crap results and performance over the last 3 years, no capital, no money in the bank, dodgy director with 5-6 businesses that have been liquidated or closed down......there's nothing at all to suggest that this faisal is nothing more than a chancer and a skint one at that.....he couldn't fund a bag of chips.

This is exactly right. Probiz have as much chance of buying the club as I do.....on their own.

After speaking to a number of people it appears as though this is the difference:

For some reason Venkys trust them and for that reason if Probiz can find wealthy backers then there is a good chance that they may sell a controlling stake. That is the problem though, finding wealthy backers is essentially trying to find a whole new owner.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Venky's probably like Probiz as they think a local business man would give them some kudos. Forget that some say bad things about the company, or that they have not enough money, the directors seem like nice polite people. I doubt that Probiz are some stalking horse for some super rich Arabs in the style of Man City's owners. More likely it'll be some native born Syed Ali type.

Legal disclaimer: That is not to say Probiz are in any way incompetent or corrupt. The author was merely commenting on the luck the club and the likelihood of Venky's, who are incompetent, of finding a new owner and making a correct decision.

So he may be a middleman for some middle eastern types? Jesus, I'm glad I'm not in this entranpuer gig, as I'd not know who I'm ultimately talking to. I could be doing a deal with some Gaddafi type without really knowing it!

Appears to be working out OK for Paris St Germain.!

Guest Norbert

But didn't PSG get bought by the Arabs (Qataris?) without the need for another company to front it? And I don't know of much violent oppression etc. in Qatar.

Guest Norbert

And with the news about Leeds, will we hear anything from the FA et al? Like hell we will. They're too happy swanning around feeling important, getting kickbacks off agents (probably) and getting free Wembley tickets to give a crap about actually running the game.

Venky's probably like Probiz as they think a local business man would give them some kudos. Forget that some say bad things about the company, or that they have not enough money, the directors seem like nice polite people. I doubt that Probiz are some stalking horse for some super rich Arabs in the style of Man City's owners. More likely it'll be some native born Syed Ali type.

Legal disclaimer: That is not to say Probiz are in any way incompetent or corrupt. The author was merely commenting on the luck the club and the likelihood of Venky's, who are incompetent, of finding a new owner and making a correct decision.

local? Reading? This Probiz company shouldn't be spoke about in the breath as our club of over 125 years standing. I suspect the butty shop on Cherry Tree is making more money than this lot...For me it smells of racism. All these asians crawling around the club without a clue what they're doing, not even in the slightest bit qualified to do the job they do....and it's because they are asian.

local? Reading? This Probiz company shouldn't be spoke about in the breath as our club of over 125 years standing. I suspect the butty shop on Cherry Tree is making more money than this lot...For me it smells of racism. All these asians crawling around the club without a clue what they're doing, not even in the slightest bit qualified to do the job they do....and it's because they are asian.

Whilst I don't doubt you're entirely correct about probiz, in any other context many of the comments on this thread would be considered racist in the other direction as well.

Whilst I don't doubt you're entirely correct about probiz, in any other context many of the comments on this thread would be considered racist in the other direction as well.

imagine an english company buying a indian business that had been trading for over 100 years quite nicely and then you suddenly sack all the key chaps who are naturally indian and then replace them with white english chaps who are nowhere near qualified for the position. They then run the business into the ground....the local community would well within their rights to cite racism.

imagine an english company buying a indian business that had been trading for over 100 years quite nicely and then you suddenly sack all the key chaps who are naturally indian and then replace them with white english chaps who are nowhere near qualified for the position. They then run the business into the ground....the local community would well within their rights to cite racism

Sigh

• Backroom

You are probably right

They charged me £3.20 for a small Cajun chicken sandwich recently

i work for a firm that's owned by 2 very succesfull blokes from castleford and both have season tickets

all the lads i work with are from castleford too and not one of them has had a good word to say about probiz and its owners input to castleford tigers

one of the reply's was "look where cas are in the league"

This is the company run buy a man whom had various nicknames, ranging from "conman" to "scumbag". Lets get into some sense of reality here, we DO NOT want to be selling the club forcing a false sense of hope, to another bunch of no hopers.

Their annual turnover was around £200,000, nowhere near enough to be running a football club.

He's ruined Cas Tigers and is now trying to or may already have bought featherstone rovers.

Archived