BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

One massive thing is bothering me at the moment, the owners seem to have no patience at all regarding managers and staff so Why the hell did Steve Kean get so much time to ruin the club before he LEFT not sacked.

Appleton was far too negative and another bad decision but the last thing we needed was another manager to get the chop, do the owners not realise we need stability as a club to move forward.

Sack the people hiring the managers they are more to blame.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said last night I was hoping Appleton would be a success but deep down I had reservations that he was temperamentally unsuited to the job. He'd been through a tough time at Pompey and then only had a short spell at Blackpool. His demeanour wasn't exactly inspiring and I think he'd become used to being defeated. He'd wouldn't have been in my first ten choices and I suspect that would apply to most Rovers fans. I think he was unlucky with injuries but I've had enough of unlucky managers at Rovers.

As time went by he became less and less effective and recently he looked to me like a guy who had lost the plot completely. He looked like a man suffering from depression. Would we have been relegated if he'd have stayed at the helm ? I don't know but we were looking more and more of a shambles on the pitch. On current form we looked like a relegation bound team.

Will the stand in manager save our bacon ? I don't know the answer to that either but seriously could he do any worse ? He had a brief spell of moderate success but that was when we were mid table, the pressure is really on now. I'd prefer an experience man but there's probably no chance of appointing any serious candidate now.

Finally the players need to take a long hard look at themselves - their lack of commitment and moral courage has got three ( sorry, four, I forgot about Black ) managers sacked already this season.

• Backroom

In regards to the poll, I voted yes on the basis I firmly believe Appleton was on his way to relegating us this season or the next. I do not endorse Venky's overall behaviour though, and find the club on the whole to be a repugnant and pathetic entity.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10299203.Appleton_expresses_his_disappointment_at_Rovers_sacking/

Looks like he's been gagged. Either by his own people or Venky's.

It was the same when Allardyce went.

The comments underneath the article are telling. Basically he was not good enough and he was playing poor mans Allardyce with a predatory striker starved of possession. One of the leading goalscorers and we cant score for a toffee. You watch the way the team plays for the rest of the season under Gary. I guarantee they will play with purpose and we will probably end up in a respectable position for the Championship if that is not an oxymoron.

One massive thing is bothering me at the moment, the owners seem to have no patience at all regarding managers and staff so Why the hell did Steve Kean get so much time to ruin the club before he LEFT not sacked.

Perhaps their the ones making the decisions now?

Wonderful news. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Everything he has done has been an absolute disaster since he came in.

Style of play, tactics, player recruitment, injury record.

Delighted he has gone before he could inflict any further damage. Just a crying shame we made such (another) nonsensical appointment in the first place.

With you on everything there Rev.

The fact that they have said Bowyer will take charge for the rest of the season shows they have no plan going forward

They also said Bowyer would have till the end of January. Brian McDermott qualifies, bald. Two decent managers out there out of work and with experience of getting teams out of this division. Can the Venky's figure it out. I seriously doubt it.

Voted No.

It's just madness. 15 games. 15 bloody games. One win from an FA Cup semi final. With Venky's in charge Sir Alex Ferguson would have been shown the door at United early on. They might have lost patience with King Kenny when we had that very sticky spell before we won promotion through the play offs. What would the odds on that have been I wonder?!??! They might also have sacked Kean as well at some stage, possibly after his first incompetent six months - if the football truly mattered to them, but no, they let him RESIGN after he had us relegated and lost the club a small fortune whilst buying crap players and paying over inflated transfer and Agents fees. What a good man that Kean was.

Yes the football has been crap, yes it's getting a bit worrying to say the least - but where will it end? Any manager needs time - and support from the Board room. Fat chance of that at BRFC it would appear. Who next for the "hot seat"? Judan sodding Ali? Some other puppet who will allow Shebby to resume opening his ridiculous mouth again, spouting his idiotic cringeworthy garbage to anyone and everyone who will listen?

How much is this all costing, paying up of contracts every three months? Thank heavens we have people we can trust and truly care about the football club in charge eh. A bottomless pot of chicken money to throw at running a 138 year old institution into the ground. For no other reason other than their sheer stupidity? I don't think so.

Until Shebby/Shagnew are removed AND a proper Chief Executive/Chair is appointed we will continue to lurch from one crisis to another.

That won't happen under the current owners, I hope and pray that come the summer we get new owners.

Correct - or earlier

If Shebby is having a say and wants his "new Mourinho" then surely Adkins is the only choice?

He's been promoted four times in his career and Southampton were comfortably holding their own in the Premier League. Not a blot on the man's CV that I can see.

Spot on LeChuck and exactly the reason he won't be here. That and he has a nice head of hair.

Voted don't care. He was an irrelevance. He was as useless a manager as his CV suggested. But we'll hire someone equally rubbish who will relegate us. Therefore his going or staying was totally irrelevant to the outcome of the season.

Bowyer did well before, but the Numpties behind the scenes will play another game of "my d*ck's bigger than yours" and we'll probably hire another bald eedjit with no more understanding of football than the Desai bint ( I'm female, I can call her a bint)

No manager is the problem. The problem is a bunch of Asian chicken farmers who wouldn't know a football if it bit them. And until that's solved, I don't care.

I do accept the majority of supporters would take your line. Certainly, my father would agree with you (the Brian Douglas era aside). Thought the Daglish era was just a bit unreal but there is no doubt it brought us new fans.

For me it was the best I have seen at Ewood since the early sixties under Jack Marshall. Sadly, I doubt we will ever see the likes of a Dalglish or a Marshall era at Ewood anytime soon.

Spot on LeChuck and exactly the reason he won't be here. That and he has a nice head of hair.

I can't help but hold out a tiny bit of hope. I know it'll end in disappointment and anger, but it's still there!

Venky's want the club to get promoted. A manager is available who has been promoted four times in the last six years. Southampton were probably in a bigger mess than we are now down in League One. It just makes too much sense doesn't it? :(

Wonderful news. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Everything he has done has been an absolute disaster since he came in.

Style of play, tactics, player recruitment, injury record.

Delighted he has gone before he could inflict any further damage. Just a crying shame we made such (another) nonsensical appointment in the first place.

Hats off to you RevidgeBlue you stuck your neck out early, made your call and got it right re Appleton's capabilities as amanager of Rovers .

Won't even remotely be missed,should never have got the job and was utterly useless at it.

Baffled by people thinking this is a bad decision

Change when everything is Rosy i.e sacking Sam is bad..........Change when your 18th in the championship and bottom of the form tables is the most sensible thing to happen here in years.

Delighted.

Lets hope your grandma picks the next manager because you're going to get more of the same, and Danny Murphy walking around the midfield picking up his wages and his WAG taunting you on twatter or whatever its keaning called.

Not necessarily Gav. I don't know who will come but we need a proper proven manager to gee up and unite the squad and turn this around. You must rem the MASSIVE difference Big Sam made on his first match in charge after Williams had finally been ordered to put Ince out of his misery? "We've got our Rovers back" from a revitalised crowd sung to the heavens as we gave Stoke City a proper paggering.

What a pity so many hated to be proven wrong and carried out a stupid vendetta against him isn't it? The old saying 'You live and learn' may be deemed a truism but it certainly isn't in Blackburn is it?

No wonder we are a national laughing stock. The way this club has been run since Venkys took over has made us a joke. Six managers in one season deserves to end in relegation to League One. I feel sorry for Gary if he is being asked to pick up the pieces. Clearly Shebby is back and in control so I suppose we can expect Judan Ali turning up on the coaching staff at some point. Nobody worth their salt is going to touch this club with a barge pole.

Agreed, time for the powers that be to step in.

Poll question is poor. People may not be happy about him being sacked 'today' but surely the loser had no long term future.

The decision is 101% correct and has saved us some wasted months......yes yes yes we won't employ a useful replacement....probably.....but we wouldn't in 5 months when we were either in league one or fumbling in the lower half still with money wasted on plantpots he thought were of sufficient quality.

This needs to be followed by a few more dismissals

Agnew, Shaw and Singh MUST go and ultimately the Venky Scum need to be relieved of ownership. It may be messy but we may just be able to resurrect the club from the ashes. Venkys remain and we have no future

I've already said I've no real confidence in them getting the next one right. If the selection criteria for the last 2 are anything to go by, look for someone who has just started their managerial career and has made a poor start.

However that in itself is not a reason for leaving someone that clearly isn't working in charge.

"2"....... Surely you haven't forgotten to take Kean into account? :rock:

Somewhere.....

Can we assume that you've got your application and cv posted off Maj? I can't readily think of anyone who knows more about football than you....... At least thats the impression that you regularly give us. ^_^

agnew told sky he wasn't aware of the sacking yet he was in the office last nite with other directors discussing who delivers the news

Never! Surely Agnew wouldn't tell a porky like that would he?

For me it was the best I have seen at Ewood since the early sixties under Jack Marshall. Sadly, I doubt we will ever see the likes of a Dalglish or a Marshall era at Ewood anytime soon.

Just going off topic to cheer myself up. The early Sixties team ' Marshall's Miss-fits ' as they were known played the best football I've seen at Ewood, the best team to never win anything we've ever had.

Regardless of what you think of Appleton this is just way way beyond farce, to bring him in, give him the freedom to make so many changes behind the scenes/employ his own coaches and move players in and out But then not have the Balls to stand bye him when things aren't going well is just cowardly and pathetic.

Its now pretty much certain for me that the main reason he's not being getting results lately after a promising start(Berg parallel) is simply because of the poisonousness little rat Singh(and his group of cheerleaders) staring things and undermining his every decision behind his back, you could say he was only doing what Agnew&Shaw did to him after Bergs appointment(but that only further shows what childish self serving vindictive parasites we have running this club), im sure it wont be long before Singh(and his support group) start with there ridiculous statements again, if they haven't already(ive only just got home, haven't had a good read around yet)

And also I think Danny Murphy's exile has played a decisive part in Appleton's sacking, They both have similar lengths of time left on their contracts but which one is cheaper to sack/release?- Appleton by a mile id assume, So largely another financial decision made ahead of what's best for the club

I'm done with following rovers on-going and this site(I'm sure most will be glad to hear), ill carry on going to the occasional game to get my footy fix and support the team(if they're putting the effort in!) but I'm done with reading about the daily BS that goes on at the club and having petty pointless squabbles with the same old people on here.

already seeing the usually members here gloating as they have been waiting for this moment since the moment he was hired, again pathetic.

p.s. I think shabby minge has only ever had 1 person he wants to be Manager and that's Tim Sherwood(wouldn't be surprised if he was the 1st person approached again in the summer)

Archived