BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

I think anyone who cares to graph the seasons league positions might have had a flutter on it before today. The projected trend line would not be good would it?

The only consolation is we are in safe hands with Gary Bowyer. Don't think we will get relegated under him. Many of the players will probably be pleased to have him back in charge; they are big fans of his.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Bit of a shame for Darren Moore. Having seen him on the touchline against Millwall the other night, he looked like he really cared.

Shame for him Appleton was so incompetent.

Yep Moore should have been kept as an ass kicker for Bowyer

So now we have Bowyer and just one other senior member of staff for the relegation run in

Wonderful news. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Everything he has done has been an absolute disaster since he came in.

Style of play, tactics, player recruitment, injury record.

Delighted he has gone before he could inflict any further damage. Just a crying shame we made such (another) nonsensical appointment in the first place.

Might sound strange but I must say he always had the appearence of a non league manager to me.

Not one fan should even contemplate going to Blackpool game. Stand outside yes, go in, @#/? that.

What you on about jimmy? Appleton was a joke. Rovers fans should be celebrating from the rooftops today.

Let's hope this is the bottom of the curve.

Right or wrongs about the recruitment process (both past and future) its the right move for me

Saves doing it in 6 months time when he carried on 'proving' his track record was not a fluke.

If I was that kind of person I would say "I told you so" but I'm not ;)

I reckon I may apply as I'm folically challenged and know nothing about football at the depth of level required :)

I have no doobts Appleton will go on to become a big success. I know many on here will say what has he done to suggest that but I genuinely believe he'll be a premier league manager.

The only way Venky's can now appease the fans is by going and getting a proven manager. Good luck with that...

I doubt this ..... but have you considered that they might have one lined up already?

Another ridiculous moment, we are the laughing stock og the football world. Appleton looked out of his depth, but the person(s) who decided he was adequate must go now too (sorry that would be too sensible).

Wouldn't be surprised if we actually advertised the job at jobcentre plus with the advert asking for an apprentice. At least £2.60 per hour would minimise severance pay.

After the two sorry performances over the last week at Ewood it was clear that something was seeriously not right.

Something had to be done or relegation was certain.

Granted he was unlucky with injuries but the lack of passion from players and manager alike was unforgivable. Suspect the failure of public trip to Wembley had more to do with his departure than a very miss against local rivals.

• Backroom

"We plan to focus on leveraging the global influence in establishing Blackburn Rovers as a truly global brand," Desai said today. "We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remain one of the best-run clubs within the Premier League."

Venkys 2010

How can people be pleased he's gone? We haven't seen the true extent of what he could bring to Rovers, for christ sake!

A few facts that can't be ignored:

• Hasn't had a full week of training with the players since he walked through the door.
  • Inherited a group of players that were hopelessly unfit
  • Dreadfully unlucky with injuries. Players have only broken down because they're now doing the type of training they should have done in preseason!
  • Recent results have been poor but that's down to him being forced to select a sub-standard team with compromises all over the pitch
  • The players enjoyed working with him
  • He installed some much needed discipline in the squad. That's been lacking all season.

I was really looking forward to him keeping us up this season (something I think he would have done) and then having a proper go at shaping us for next season.

The mind boggles at who we're going to appoint next.

I admire your honesty. Many people on Twitter and on this MB were saying he was useless but now he's been sacked they are saying it is crazy.

He was useless, the crazy bit refers to 67 days !

I'm with Revidge, why he was appointed in the first place is mystery. Despite the euphoria on Sunday we couldn't play any worse.

Would have waited until the end of the season then seriously reviewed his position. Don't think Bowyer is the long term answer, though it wouldn't surprise me if they gave him the job especially if he keeps us up.

We were maybe one? more defeat away from being right in the mire. Any more than that and we may not have got away with it.

If Bowyer can get us through until the end of the season and doesn't want it then at least our options should be a little wider in the close season. If he does really well again and changes his mind and does want it then who knows? Might be the right man as opposed to the best known name.

Absolutely disgusting decision for me.

Results have been poor recently, but the man understood the job at hand and knew that it wasn't a short-term fix.

He inherited a poor squad and a club in a huge downward spiral, all at the hands of Venky's and particularly Kean.

There must be a bigger picture/bigger issue here and it needs to come out if we are to progress as a club.

Disgusted with our club.

Speechless.

He should never have got the job in the first place and I can't believe that fans are upset about actually getting rid of him. If you are talking about the timing being bad then absolutely I could agree with that.

We can't afford to appoint another novice, the last three managerial appointments have shown that a club like Rovers need an experienced manager at the helm. If they give Bowyer or another novice the job then we are going to see more of the same.

I would be offering Hughes or Curbs a truck load of money

I didn't rate him, but I think this is less a moment of enlightenment for Venky's which will see us turn the corner; it's more a case of another stopping-off point on our precipitous decline through the leagues.

You just know they'll balls up the next appointment as well.

The club must be paying out so much severance money it's just not true.

Archived