BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is why I say.... Mass Boycott is a complete Go Go Go as far as i'm concerned. Media are on our side too finally.

Well after all the crap that we've had thrown at us until I hear a few apologies from the press and media and witness one or two members of the LMA eating humble pie they can all @#/? off!

After attending the first protest before the Arsenal match I warned Glenn Mullan on here that the problem was not so much the monkey as the organ grinders and eventually the protests swung around to the owners. How the hell Kean survived so long I have no idea given their track record but unfortunately and it pains me to say this but without the Prem income we do need to Venkys financial backing. A rock and a hard place without a doubt.

The fact that they have said Bowyer will take charge for the rest of the season shows they have no plan going forward

Eh, they said that last time before Appleton came out of the woodwork.

I didn't rate him, but I think this is less a moment of enlightenment for Venky's which will see us turn the corner; it's more a case of another stopping-off point on our precipitous decline through the leagues.

You just know they'll balls up the next appointment as well.

The club must be paying out so much severance money it's just not true.

Been very profitable for some people hasn't it? , perhaps they have got wind of possibly Probiz coming in and this is a business decision to grab one last wedge

Never looked as was not expecting it but does anybody know what odds Appleton was to be next manager sacked?

How can people be pleased he's gone? We haven't seen the true extent of what he could bring to Rovers, for christ sake!

A few facts that can't be ignored:

• Hasn't had a full week of training with the players since he walked through the door.
  • Inherited a group of players that were hopelessly unfit
  • Dreadfully unlucky with injuries. Players have only broken down because they're now doing the type of training they should have done in preseason!
  • Recent results have been poor but that's down to him being forced to select a sub-standard team with compromises all over the pitch
  • The players enjoyed working with him
  • He installed some much needed discipline in the squad. That's been lacking all season.

I was really looking forward to him keeping us up this season (something I think he would have done) and then having a proper go at shaping us for next season.

The mind boggles at who we're going to appoint next.

Sorry Muddboy but the majority of your 'facts' are actually your opinion.

Facts that can't be ignored are current form, poor recruitment and lack of tactics.

There's no problem with the sacking as far as I'm concerned, it's the initial appointment that was the main issue. I'd like to think they'll get it right this time but I won't hold my breath.

Hi guys,

Long time member of the board from Ireland,as you can see I don't post very often but read posts on the site with interest frequently.

There is an acronym that was used in Irish politicsin the early 1980's that I think aptly sums up Venky's time at this historic club;

"GUBU" - grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre and unprecedented.

paflairl

What a complete shambles

What we need for the Directors is a 3 year plan going forward and an appointment of a manager witha proven track record at this level and let him get on with it for that period. I know he is in work, but Mick McCarthy is the template.

But really what a complete joke of a football club we have become.

• Moderation Lead

Anyone celebrating this is a clueless mug. When slagging him off you got what you wished for, like we'll get a better replacement now.

Unbelievable.

I recall remarking recently that, in the last few games, the players were playing like they new something we didn't.

Did they know that Appleton had already failed his 15 game points target and was therefore a dead-man-walking?

Makes you wonder...

What you on about jimmy? Appleton was a joke. Rovers fans should be celebrating from the rooftops today.

Let's hope this is the bottom of the curve.

@#/? me Simon, you are a glutton for punishment. As I mentioned in the other thread, this is not about Appleton. This is about 3 hideous managerial appointments in 2 years alongside the complete decimation of a Premier League club.

Why anyone would go and put money into the pocket of these berks is beyond me. Who would you expect them to replace Appleton with, because I would pretty much guarantee that no self-respecting manager would touch us with a barge pole now.

The clubs in tatters and your celebrating as though we will sack him and appoint a good manager, where is your evidence for such actions being carried out? Yes I think many would agree that Appleton was not the right man, but what on earth makes you think the next one will be any better?

Whilst the media are on our side, we should take advantage of that. Walking in and sitting down because it's habit is IMO supporting the Venkys and each and every pathetic decision they make regarding this club.

No wonder we are a national laughing stock. The way this club has been run since Venkys took over has made us a joke. Six managers in one season deserves to end in relegation to League One. I feel sorry for Gary if he is being asked to pick up the pieces. Clearly Shebby is back and in control so I suppose we can expect Judan Ali turning up on the coaching staff at some point. Nobody worth their salt is going to touch this club with a barge pole.

Don't feel sorry for him at all. Been to 6 matches this season and couldn't support what was on the pitch so didn't feel qualified enough to post.. No effort at all at the Milwall game and said no more.

I wonder though if he played Dunn against the Dark Lords instructions and knew he would get the bullet?

Or did he just have the most miserable persona ever?

The circus continues.

Been very profitable for some people hasn't it? , perhaps they have got wind of possibly Probiz coming in and this is a business decision to grab one last wedge

Never looked as was not expecting it but does anybody know what odds Appleton was to be next manager sacked?

Interesting

What a complete shambles

What we need for the Directors is a 3 year plan going forward and an appointment of a manager witha proven track record at this level and let him get on with it for that period. I know he is in work, but Mick McCarthy is the template.

But really what a complete joke of a football club we have become.

We have a ten week plan!

I recall remarking recently that, in the last few games, the players were playing like they new something we didn't.

Did they know that Appleton had already failed his 15 game points target and was therefore a dead-man-walking?

Makes you wonder...

The 'sick' list tells you that - first thing that increases when a manager is unpopular with the players.

Was he sounding more like Anthony Cotton of Corrie near the end or was it me?

• Backroom

Strange comment. Appleton was a shocking appointment. Best to cut losses now.

Like others I have no real confidence the owners will get the next appointment right but this is at least a step in the right direction.

It's only a step in the right direction if they make the next step right, which they probably won't

Now we have 2 senior members of staff taking our team into a potential relegation battle, players probably unsettled again as well

Archived