BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Appleton Sacked

Paul

Happy Appy Sacked   

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with Appleton being sacked today?

• Yes
    • Don't Care
    • No

IMO, there is a bigger story behind all of this.

You have to put 2+2 together any you will probably come up with something in the range of 3.9 and 4.1.

I said on this MB on Sunday that there was a lot of whispering going on on at Ewood on Sunday and something was afoot.

I was told that Tuesday (today) would be a key day but did not expect it to be the sacking of Appleton and staff.

I think this is step 1 in a plan and if I am correct, it will be an embarrassment for our once proud club.

Boooolsheeet!

Substance or STFU.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so shocked by the decision as the owners wants Premier League football.

Ok he had a decent run in the fa cup but:

Appleton had 11 games in the league:

He won 2, draw 4 and lost 5

Thats 10 points out of 33 possible points in 11 games.....hardly impressing for a former Premier League team......

Or I wonder if it came to a head because he played Dunny for the last 2 games when he was on the Darklords no play list?

I thought this last night after reading Dunn's comment in the LET re: should have been playing but politics etc... do you think he had to play 'x' games to gain new contract extension and Appleton has handed then to him ala Salgado / Formica etc. Venkys are clueless it should be them out although from a footballing point of view (ignoring timing issue) I had lost faith in Appleton tactics and signings baring Jones they have all been useless.

Dunny has been fit for a while but I suspect the budget constraints brought about when the penny dropped in Pune after the new contracts were signed 2 years ago with Voldemort in charge (remember - the training ground was buzzing) made him unplayable. Cost too much along with a few other players we know were suddenly injured (and a few now I suspect).

After Appleton realised the writing was on the wall I suspect it was a case of what the heck - nothing to loose and he's the best (only?) creative player still at the club and BANG - Bye Michael!

....and making the wrong appointment will continue to happen until the people doing the appointing are sacked, so this will run and run and run and run Rev

Appleton should have been given a pre-season with his own players being brought in and then judged, but sadly Singh, Agnew and Shaw are playing with the club, playing with peoples lives and this is the outcome.

I was thinking last night GAV that even Jack Walker made a string of poor appointments, Harford, Hodgson and Kidd. He didn't leave them in charge indefinitely, he kept swinging the bat and trying to come up with the right answer and did eventually (for a while) with Souness. No-one would pretending Venky's are remotely in the same class as Uncle Jack but surely even they will get one right eventually on the law of averages.

Why the @#/? does Alan Shearer keep entering the betting when we are looking for a new manager??? A. he doesn't have it in him and B. He'd never be so stupid to throw his hat in with these owners.

Best option is Mark Hughes on a short 2 month contract with a very large carrot to keep us up. If not him then Adkins or McDermott. I'd not expect any of them to throw their hat in full time of course but who could resist what should really be a chance of quick easy money?

Cloud cuckoo land gordon.

IMO, there is a bigger story behind all of this.

You have to put 2+2 together any you will probably come up with something in the range of 3.9 and 4.1.

I said on this MB on Sunday that there was a lot of whispering going on on at Ewood on Sunday and something was afoot.

I was told that Tuesday (today) would be a key day but did not expect it to be the sacking of Appleton and staff.

I think this is step 1 in a plan and if I am correct, it will be an embarrassment for our once proud club.

There is a plan????????????

When did this happen?

:tu: Go on tell us about it then.

Good riddance. Awful manager who appeared completely clueless at times.

I don't buy all this inherited a bad unfit squad ect. This squad should not be getting outplayed by any team in this division and yet it happens week in week out

Another person with his head up his backside who seems to think we have a squad of Premier League players.

Until a manager gets time to get to grips with the car wreck of a team that Kean left and is given time to assess and bring in players we will go nowhere.

At least Appleton was trying to do things the right way by bringing in his own backroom staff and players more suited to the Championship. But if anything the quality of football under Appleton has been has bad as it has been all season (especially the two Millwall cup ties), if they sacked Berg so quickly for a poor string of results at least you could say they are at least being consistent by sacking Appleton now. But all this could so easily have been avoided if they'd made a safer appointment in the first place.

Good riddance. Awful manager who appeared completely clueless at times.

I don't buy all this inherited a bad unfit squad ect. This squad should not be getting outplayed by any team in this division and yet it happens week in week out

This squad couldn't play it's way out of a paper bag. It doesn't have a playmaker for a start. Whoever comes in will need a complete rebuild.

Dunny has been fit for a while but I suspect the budget constraints brought about when the penny dropped in Pune after the new contracts were signed 2 years ago with Voldemort in charge (remember - the training ground was buzzing) made him unplayable. Cost too much along with a few other players we know were suddenly injured (and a few now I suspect).

After Appleton realised the writing was on the wall I suspect it was a case of what the heck - nothing to loose and he's the best (only?) creative player still at the club and BANG - Bye Michael!

Rubbish, Appleton didn't even start Dunn against Millwall, he preferred Lowe and Pedersen. Dunn only got a look in because Adam Henley got injured and Lowe was moved to RB.

I was thinking last night GAV that even Jack Walker made a string of poor appointments, Harford, Hodgson and Kidd. He didn't leave them in charge indefinitely, he kept swinging the bat and trying to come up with the right answer and did eventually (for a while) with Souness. No-one would pretending Venky's are remotely in the same class as Uncle Jack but surely even they will get one right eventually on the law of averages.

Big difference, we had footballing people at the club that made footballing decisions Rev, now we have a shelf salesman, a TV pundit and a PR guy that was looking after masocts pictures not to long ago....and they'll be once again choosing the next manager and you're happy with that.

The mind boggles

• Backroom

This squad couldn't play it's way out of a paper bag. It doesn't have a playmaker for a start. Whoever comes in will need a complete rebuild.

Yep, Appleton got rid of all of our playmakers.

Until Shebby/Shagnew are removed AND a proper Chief Executive/Chair is appointed we will continue to lurch from one crisis to another.

That won't happen under the current owners, I hope and pray that come the summer we get new owners.

Do you think there's any possibility of that, Kamy? Seems like the only escape from this nightmare and yet even then it might turn into a case of 'better the devil you know'. I hope the Walker Trust are taking note of what's become of Jack's legacy once they sold it for thirty pieces of silver. No doubt too busy clinking champagne glasses and watching re-runs of Bergerac.

I was thinking last night GAV that even Jack Walker made a string of poor appointments, Harford, Hodgson and Kidd. He didn't leave them in charge indefinitely, he kept swinging the bat and trying to come up with the right answer and did eventually (for a while) with Souness. No-one would pretending Venky's are remotely in the same class as Uncle Jack but surely even tClose -

Except Harford wasn't bad and Hodgson was good.

And then he'll sod off to a better and bigger club. Twas ever thus.

Until Shebby/Shagnew are removed AND a proper Chief Executive/Chair is appointed we will continue to lurch from one crisis to another.

That won't happen under the current owners, I hope and pray that come the summer we get new owners.

+1000

Amazed that they crowd haven't turned the attention to the "royal box" at Ewood, bet they are sat there every home game laughing their keans off at their ill gotten gains

Nick Harris throwing his hat into the ring :)

Open letter (attached) #Rovers pic.twitter.com/nZyMUgAqm3

Archived