Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian McDermott

Intact let's just go for Di Canio

Worth it for the entertainment

McDermott would probably come here. Curbishley would also probably come here because he's desperate. Di Canio would also come here because he's mad enough. They are probably the best 3 realistic options we could get.

Nigel Adkins would be a superb choice. He knows how to get promotion out of this division, he can spot a player and he plays good football. Not sure why anyone would pick McDermott over Adkins, Adkins has proven himself far more.

Having said that, I'd like us to keep Bowyer until the summer and draw up a shortlist then.

Nigel Adkins would be a superb choice. He knows how to get promotion out of this division, he can spot a player and he plays good football. Not sure why anyone would pick McDermott over Adkins, Adkins has proven himself far more.

Having said that, I'd like us to keep Bowyer until the summer and draw up a shortlist then.

Can't see the point in keeping the in-experienced Bowyer till the summer, as well as he did the few games he was in charge after xmas. We need someone with experience of a relegation battle, because lets not beat around the bush, that's what were in.

• Backroom

If Singh picks then either Jeff Kenna, Sebastien Perez or Kaba Diawara with himself in the limelight

If Shaw picks then Paul Dickov or Uwe Rosler

If Agnew picks then Iggle Piggle or Tinky Winky

If Balaji picks then Charlie Sheen

If common sense prevails then........lol why am I even contemplating that?

Di Caneo for me, shares some of the attitudes of Uncle Jack. Pride in himself, pride in what he wants to achieve, not affraid to stand up to what he see's as wrong, a belief in a strong work ethic, a strong bond with supporters, and a determination to succeed.

Can't see the point in keeping the in-experienced Bowyer till the summer, as well as he did the few games he was in charge after xmas. We need someone with experience of a relegation battle, because lets not beat around the bush, that's what were in.

Bowyer knows the plays and turned results round in a very short space of time already this season.

Even good managers can need a settling in period.

To me it would represent a bigger risk bringing in someone from outside and hoping they can turn it around instantly than sticking with the man we know has done it once already with almost the same squad of players.

Adkins is an overpromoted kit man/physio (whicever he was).

McDermott reminds me too much of Kean, so I wouldn't be able to do anything other than throw cat faeces at his face.

Neither would come anyway.

We'll end up with a League 2 manager, which is quite appropriate as that's where we're heading under this shower.

• Moderation Lead

Di Canio, he'd bring some fire and enthusiasm back into the club. Adkins superb second choice.

But it won't matter much because our owners are a joke.

The only reason i'd like that, is he'd kick seven shades of turd out of them before too long!

Bowyer is seemingly in charge until the end of the season. Does that mean we won't start looking for a permanent manager (Allowing Bowyer to make a claim for the job) until then, or does it mean we'll try and find one now but only have him start once the season is over?

If we have a chance of getting someone like Adkins, McDermott, Hughes or DiCanio (And I don't think we do) we should do it while they are still available.

But I no longer have any confidence in our ability to appoint a manager. Bowyer at least did well in the games he had, the players seemed to respond, and he knows the club. He's still completely unproven in the transfer market, and has no experience. With Venkys track record so far, I don't think we can find someone better...

Agree with all of that, hopefully Bowyer can stabilise the ship again like he did last time allowing us to take a considered look round in summer.

I like Di Canio as well but him and Venky's/Singh etc. is a combustible combination unlikely to work.

Archived