BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Rovers Manager

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope this performance finally puts an end to any chance of bowyer getting the job, today shows we need someone experienced to get this rabble sorted out

I'm sure Venky's will realize this.

gary Megson is there aswell.

plus Taylor and Sherwood.

wait for the rumours to start.

isnt Taylor manager for England u20's for summmer and Sherwood his number 2 for the tournment?

Chaddy - posted on here the Megson links at the time Appy went. I think either Megson or Coyley were seen as 'Fireman Sam' !

Opinions on Bowyer seem to fluctuate wildly with each result. Win a game and he's the Messiah. Lose a game and people are burning their bras and vowing never to return to Ewood whilst he's in charge.

I think the truth is somewhere in between. Appleton left us in such a state I think Bowyer will have done a very decent job if he keeps us up. On the other hand the performances in the three away games during Bowyers second stint in charge perhaps confirm the suspicion he might be a bit too close to the players to eke the necessary level of performance out of them week in week out.

Got to admit I hoped he might be the man after his sensational first spell in charge. I'd still sooner have him than the likes of McDonald/Peter Taylor/Judan Ali/Megson etc etc.

I've thought for a couple of weeks we should treat him like our Ricky Sbragia. If we stay up it will largely down to him putting a few results together when nobody else seemed capable, and we should be as grateful as is possible without offering him the top job full time.

• Backroom

I've said all along I'd rather he didn't get it full time

Its not a slight on him just I feel this bunch of players need an old head who will put a bit of fear into them, bowyer has to be retained and rewarded though if we stay up

I reckon we will end up with someone like McClaren or Sven or Taylor if we stay up.

Wouldn't touch any of those 3.

Don't be surprised if next manager comes from a current Championship club !

Wouldn't touch any of those 3.

Don't be surprised if next manager comes from a current Championship club !

Leave it out Merce, you've already insinuated Coyle is nailed on.

I'll tell you who it won't be, it won't be anyone who's any good.

one man who has done a great job is chris powell at charlton, got them promoted and got them into the top half of the championship, intelligent guy as well, has something like 9 gcse's, obviously not the experienced manager we need

• Backroom

one man who has done a great job is chris powell at charlton, got them promoted and got them into the top half of the championship, intelligent guy as well, has something like 9 gcse's, obviously not the experienced manager we need

I've got 10 gcses and 3 alevels. Shall I apply? :P

a certain Boro manager???

I'm usually in the "well who are we gonna get that's better" camp but I'd happily get on the blower to Eric Black, Sven, Coyle, McLeish or anyone half-decent if we are seriously considering Mowbray. Joke manager, look at his team now, that's a playoff squad at least and now they'll be lucky to finish top half. F**k that, don't rate him in the slightest.

I know he's an idiot but what's that about? Managers wanted to play a style of football for which the team was not built / people who were too conventional in their thinking/you have to think out of the box and kep plugging away at your beliefs. Most successful clubs buy players the manager at the start of the season thinks will fit to the system he wants to play. They then think conventionally putting those players into the system with cover in each position and they think conventionally in that they think that winning and drawing lots more than you lose is how to succeed. They are not daft enough to keep plugging away at what they believe when that is bringing failure and they do not employ know nothing idiots and keep them employed unlike Rovers.

Archived