BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest: Good Friday v Blackpol

Right....lets keep this nice and simple.

No march, no organised protest, just every fan possible attend the Blackpool game and vent your spleen 100%. Make this the nastiest ride ever for the Venkys, Shagnew and Shaggy.

FROM EWOODBEHAPPY: Good Friday - Rovers v Blackpool this surely has to be a day when we are all ready & willing to give a big F - OFF to Venkys. They have and continue to shi#t on any ounce of respect for the History of Blackburn Rovers. I'll be taking in a banner. I will hopefully enjoy a result. If any dare say it would distract the players GET A GRIP!

I'm asking for 90 minutes of the passion we had when Dunny scored - directed at the scum who have ripped BRFC to pieces.

Even those who didnt accept Appleton - realise please - Venkys & the Board are killing our club. Do not sit on your hands - lets shout our heads off at them for the full game.

Your club needs you. VENKYS OUT!

Repeated I know - but needs must.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the best will in the world mate I don't think anything like this will have any effect. There are simply not enough Rovers fans who would ever shout abuse despite everything that has gone on. I don't want to sound defeatist but all the other efforts to verbally abuse these morons failed. A real opportunity was missed the other week when the Indians rolled up at Ewood. There were about 200 Rovers fans there to 'greet' them.

With the best will in the world mate I don't think anything like this will have any effect. There are simply not enough Rovers fans who would ever shout abuse despite everything that has gone on. I don't want to sound defeatist but all the other efforts to verbally abuse these morons failed. A real opportunity was missed the other week when the Indians rolled up at Ewood. There were about 200 Rovers fans there to 'greet' them.

Fine.....give up then?

• Backroom

It just wouldn't work. Shagnew and Shebby are well aware of the hatred that exists within the fanbase for them, the punatics simply don't care.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think all support should go to Bowyer and the team now. If we go down to League One that might be all she wrote for the club, and begin a terminal decline. If we stay in the Championship there's a brief hope, assuming Venky's sell in the summer, that we can pull out of this tailspin. I don't think screaming our hatred of Venky's/Shagnew/Shebby etc will have any positive impact in any way so it's probably not worth doing at this moment in time.

I'll be at Wigan v Saints PB but I think your suggestion should be carried out by everyone with Rovers at heart for the rest of the season.

It won't happen though because this is Blackburn and not, as I've said before, Wolves, West Brom or some other 'proper' football club.

I'm not saying we're not a proper club any more, but the constant spoon feeding of our support over the years has diluted the anger that should now be off the Richter Scale.

Anyway, next home game after Blackpool, I'll be joining in. Perhaps a game long rendition of 'We want Venky's out, say we want Venky's out.' There was a game in the 60s (QPR?) or 70s when we sang something for the full 90 mins.

Fine.....give up then?

Not giving up at all. Shouting loud just doesn't work imo. There needs to be an orchestrated plan which hits home. A blanket ban on buying merchandise, refreshments, targeting sponsors, no season ticket renewals etc etc. For anything to have an impact it has to be backed and supported by the majority.

Personally I think a co-ordinated event at a specific time in the game would have more effect and also be much more likely to be taken up by a majority of the crowd. Rather like we have seen other clubs either make a protest or celebrate something at the nth minute of the game. Can't at the moment think of what minute that would be to have meaning but I'm sure someone can come up with something relevant. It probably needs to be earlyish in the game so therefore a low number.

Problem is we need points and this ain't going to help that, the team struggles enough as it is. A proper protest after the game if enough people have the stomach for it (probably not). You can understand why really because it won't get heard in India. In fact i doubt they'd even be made aware of it at all by the charlatans running the club and covering their own backsides.

Yes, might go to see Saints beat the pie eaters instead. Rugby League is a proper game.

Rugby is an awful excuse of a sport.

Leave it to the Yorkshire lot, they rate it.

Almost as bad as cricket.

Wth regards to a protest - seriously, no point.

Most Rovers fans are apathetic and will not take part.

Personally I think a co-ordinated event at a specific time in the game would have more effect and also be much more likely to be taken up by a majority of the crowd. Rather like we have seen other clubs either make a protest or celebrate something at the nth minute of the game. Can't at the moment think of what minute that would be to have meaning but I'm sure someone can come up with something relevant. It probably needs to be earlyish in the game so therefore a low number.

11th minute to signify our last stint in premier league, before Venkys ruined us.

Blue & white protest.

Scarfs aloft / swinging / banners, flags, colours flying - accompanied by " We want Venkys out! " for as long as anyone can manage.

A suggestion.

keaner

Your only suggestions thus far have been far too anarchical.

You've gone for 'no organisation' to the protest to 'organised pitch invasion'.

Have a breather.

How about in the 18th and 75th minutes, a full minute of "We want Venkys out"?

A good idea.

I don't imagine it'll stand out to neutrals though as I reckon there'll be plenty of that throughout the game.

Something strange during those minutes would be more noticeable, like a whistling (like you get at the end of the game when people want the final whistle to go, not just whistling like a simpleton - there will be better things than that to do, but that's just off the top of my head).

Having relatives who where Blackburn season ticket holders till this season, and being so well received by the guys I met when i came up to your place earlier in the season.

I am not trying to tell you guys how you should protest ,but you could get some good ideas from the book build a bonfire, written by a Brighton fan when we where having owner troubles.

These included staying in the concourse,s till 5 Min's after kick off then all filing into the seats singing protest song, or turning your back on the pitch as the ref blows his whistle to start the game and for 5 min's making no noise at all ,then all turning round and roaring encouragement to the players. Then do same thing at start of second half shouting venkys out

really feel for you guys and what your club is being put through as i said Brighton fans :rover: know how it feels ,just NEVER GIVE UP keep on fighting you will win in the end

Attempts at organized protests during games just don't seem to work as the fan base is in such disarray and like previous attempts will have fans at each others throats. What does get massive coverage are things like the Chicken's at the Wigan game (and to a lesser degree due to it not being live on TV ) the Burnley game. A few regular posters on here swear they will not go to Ewood while the Venkys are in power but if just one person bit the bullet and came up with some crazy (and non violent) stunt, the publicity it would create would have far more impact than than non attendance or abusive protests during the game.

Attempts at organized protests during games just don't seem to work as the fan base is in such disarray and like previous attempts will have fans at each others throats. What does get massive coverage are things like the Chicken's at the Wigan game (and to a lesser degree due to it not being live on TV ) the Burnley game. A few regular posters on here swear they will not go to Ewood while the Venkys are in power but if just one person bit the bullet and came up with some crazy (and non violent) stunt, the publicity it would create would have far more impact than than non attendance or abusive protests during the game.

How about a piglet on the pitch?

Archived