BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

I think it's pathetic that these have not been announced . The marketing tools have been set up for a couple of weeks yet the club has still failed to put the prices out .

All the talk of cut backs , saving money , financial losses , yet the income stream of valuable season ticket money is being held up .

It's shambolic to say the least and we seem to walk from one disaster to another .

No early bird price , and for those who pay monthly does that mean monthly payments will be at a higher premium ? If you are buying tickets for the family then those payments could be much higher .

Last year I paid by DD with first payment taken in April , will it now be over less months ? Or will it be extended into the later months of next year ?

Either way I don't think the price is relevant now , the fact they ain't even on sale leaves a sour taste

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last Year, I signed up for the early Bird season ticket last season.

And the first payment came out in June/July and I was paying it over 8 months.

so I would imagine it would be the same this season paying it over 8 months. starting in August and finishing in March.

anyway I will be renewing for sure.

I wonder if they are having a problem with getting an agreement with the credit company that Rovers use for supporters who want to spread the cost of the season ticket over the year. Something was mentioned yesterday regarding credit agreement being the reason for the delay. I wonder if they have delayed it so much that now the credit company wants to spread the cost over a shorter period, normally it is over 8-10 months and that is the reason for the hold up. The club know that if DD are only spread out over 6 or 7 months the monthly DD would certainly put a lot of fans off buying a season ticket.

As Glen has said this is an utter disgrace. The proposals for the season tickets have been done for weeks, they were meant to come out on 17th May, yet here we are 2 weeks later and still no details. It is just another example of how the club isn't even able to do basic functions properly.

If fans pay on a credit card and then the club goes under, they can claim the money back, so it seems that credit card companies are unwilling to hand over the cash to struggling clubs in case they go under: (it's not a recent article but still makes the point)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/apr/13/newsstory.sport5

If fans pay on a credit card and then the club goes under, they can claim the money back, so it seems that credit card companies are unwilling to hand over the cash to struggling clubs in case they go under: (it's not a recent article but still makes the point)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/apr/13/newsstory.sport5

Good spot. It is possible though that it could be worse. The article says 'credit card bonds' which are a different thing. They are a financial instrument linked to securitisation. In other words they could be mortgaging this and future revenues to pay off the debt in the short term. If you have a desire to learn about credit card bonds this 6 minute video tells you what they are in very simple terms. As you can probably guess from me posting this, I live on my own at present.

Hope Brockhall is locked down.

That made me chuckle iamarover. You being single has benefitted our knowledge of finance :)

So to round up the financial world is getting twithcy about Rovers?

I think Venky's are getting twitchy about their own finance and looking outside for help. Which seems like it is slow coming. The financial meltdown predicted by Philip amongst others could be looming. Or they have deeper pockets than anyone thought

Financial instruments such as this caused the banks to collapse and the worldwide economic crisis in from 2008 to the present day so if they are perfectly capable of causing a football club to implode.

Financial instruments such as this caused the banks to collapse and the worldwide economic crisis in from 2008 to the present day so if they are perfectly capable of causing a football club to implode.

Well seeing as some on here think we wont sell many season tickets lets get a grip. Good grief, a bit of credit for about 2thousand fans and we are doomed, again any excuse for some to preach administration.

Fans are just worried* and speculating at what a credit card bond would mean. After all the club is heomoragghing cash so it stand to reason that financial institutions would be twitchy.

The only person to mentioned administration in the last few posts was you ;)

*Well most are worried.

All 2013-14 Championship season ticket prices frozen!

Plus...2014-15 season tickets at just 25% of Championship prices should Rovers return to the Premier League!
Plus...under 8s FREE!
Plus...junior season tickets just £60!
Blackburn Rovers supporters are set to net a real winner through the club’s most attractive season ticket deal in modern times.
For not only have Rovers frozen season ticket prices for 2013-14, the club has also announced an astonishing ‘loyalty bonus’ should Rovers win promotion to the Premier League next term.
In the event of promotion, existing season ticket holders will be able to purchase 2014-15 season tickets in the top flight for just 25% of the Championship (2013-14) price!
For example, an adult buying a £225 (Blackburn End, Darwen End, Riverside) season ticket for 2013-14 will pay just £56 to retain the seat for the 2014-15 campaign should Rovers go up.
And, in a concerted effort to encourage the fans of tomorrow, Rovers have decided that under 8s can attend Ewood Park for FREE in the Family Stand (accompanied by a paying adult) next term while juniors (8-16) will pay just £60 for their season tickets.
“We want to reward loyalty and also attract a new breed of young supporter,” says operations director Paul Agnew. “The owners are determined that we give our supporters an unbeatable deal and we believe this package will really give everyone an uplift as we strive to move things forward.
“We have always tried to provide and promote affordable football at Ewood Park, but this new season ticket package takes things to a different level and we hope everyone buys into it.
“Basically, our two-year strategy means should we be successful and win promotion a season ticket for the Premier League would cost just 25% of next season’s frozen price.
“After a couple of difficult and challenging seasons it is imperative that we look forward with confidence and concentrate only on what lies ahead.
“There is a united commitment to succeed; the owners will not rest until we have got the club back where it belongs – in the Premier League – and to achieve that we need all supporters right behind us.”
Renewal packs are being sent out to existing season ticket holders but you can renew or purchase a new season ticket online today at www.onerovers.co.uk or by visiting the Roverstore at Ewood Park or in Blackburn Town Centre, or over the phone on 0871 222 1444.

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/best-ever-season-ticket-deal-834709.aspx#pQ8oRJPJ2yXhisf6.99

All 2013-14 Championship season ticket prices frozen!

Plus...2014-15 season tickets at just 25% of Championship prices should Rovers return to the Premier League!
Plus...under 8s FREE!
Plus...junior season tickets just £60!
Blackburn Rovers supporters are set to net a real winner through the club’s most attractive season ticket deal in modern times.
For not only have Rovers frozen season ticket prices for 2013-14, the club has also announced an astonishing ‘loyalty bonus’ should Rovers win promotion to the Premier League next term.
In the event of promotion, existing season ticket holders will be able to purchase 2014-15 season tickets in the top flight for just 25% of the Championship (2013-14) price!
For example, an adult buying a £225 (Blackburn End, Darwen End, Riverside) season ticket for 2013-14 will pay just £56 to retain the seat for the 2014-15 campaign should Rovers go up.
And, in a concerted effort to encourage the fans of tomorrow, Rovers have decided that under 8s can attend Ewood Park for FREE in the Family Stand (accompanied by a paying adult) next term while juniors (8-16) will pay just £60 for their season tickets.
“We want to reward loyalty and also attract a new breed of young supporter,” says operations director Paul Agnew. “The owners are determined that we give our supporters an unbeatable deal and we believe this package will really give everyone an uplift as we strive to move things forward.
“We have always tried to provide and promote affordable football at Ewood Park, but this new season ticket package takes things to a different level and we hope everyone buys into it.
“Basically, our two-year strategy means should we be successful and win promotion a season ticket for the Premier League would cost just 25% of next season’s frozen price.
“After a couple of difficult and challenging seasons it is imperative that we look forward with confidence and concentrate only on what lies ahead.
“There is a united commitment to succeed; the owners will not rest until we have got the club back where it belongs – in the Premier League – and to achieve that we need all supporters right behind us.”
Renewal packs are being sent out to existing season ticket holders but you can renew or purchase a new season ticket online today at www.onerovers.co.uk or by visiting the Roverstore at Ewood Park or in Blackburn Town Centre, or over the phone on 0871 222 1444.

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/best-ever-season-ticket-deal-834709.aspx#pQ8oRJPJ2yXhisf6.99

I have to say, that's a very good deal. Fair play to the club on this one.

Chances of getting to the prem next year though? Slim!

Well this is a superb deal.

I really hope we get alot of season tickets holder and does get back to Prem League, that will give Agnew some pain with only collecting 25% .....

Fair play to the club releasing season tickets before pre-season training.

Well this is a superb deal.

I really hope we get alot of season tickets holder and does get back to Prem League, that will give Agnew some pain with only collecting 25% .....

Fair play to the club releasing season tickets before pre-season training.

It's nice to see that Rovers would use the new inflated premier tv money to subsidise low season ticket prices if we get promoted. That's what all prem clubs should be doing and hopefully this sets a trend.

Seriously does anyone actually think we'll get promoted ? After this season there is more chance of the titanic sailing into Preston docks than that 'offer' ever coming into play !!!

Great prices, one of the lasting legacies from John Williams that the owners haven't yet killed off.

TO THE OWNERS: If you are genuinely serious about getting back in the Premier League get a proper Board of Directors rather than the clowns that run the club at the minute.

For that reason i'm not getting a season ticket.

Archived