BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Breaking News - Boardroom shuffle?

As the Daily mail has ran a story , i will elaborate a little .

Mrs Desai has thrown a major fit , after her eyes saw Henning bergs contract was not the one the owners signed off before pen was put to paper .

Someone decided they would amend it and write in a very generous severance clause which was more than his yearly salary . However not half the £2 million reported .

However just as one contract had the owners scratching their heads , more contracts came under scrutiny as did certain payments and deals .

This story is the start of a number which is going to be coming out systematically over the coming weeks .

Many will now be watching their backs as they wait for their number to be called .

The start of 2 years of lies , deciept and cover up is now going to be publically played out

I hope you're right on that assertion from your point of view.

If correct, you simply couldn't make it up. The owners agreeing to one contract and someone else, possibly the person mentioned in the Mail article, unilaterally altering it in Berg's favour.

That might explain how it ended up in Court. The owners wondering what the hell Berg was on about, whilst whoever altered the contract was too scared to own up to what had happened.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you're right on that assertion from your point of view.

If correct, you simply couldn't make it up. The owners agreeing to one contract and someone else, possibly the person mentioned in the Mail article, unilaterally altering it in Berg's favour.

That might explain how it ended up in Court. The owners wondering what the hell Berg was on about, whilst whoever altered the contract was too scared to own up to what had happened.

Hence the delay in the court proceedings. You would have thought charges would follow. If so, I cannot see Shaw carrying the can alone.

Court proceedings, boardroom reshuffles, owners throwing a wobbly....is it in any wonder we're in disarray on the pitch too ?

We're going down.

That was my first thought too Jim. This should effectively kill us off this season.

Although i do also wonder if Shaw might be carrying the can for someone else with a few skeletons in the closet.

Mrs Desai has thrown a major fit , after her eyes saw Henning bergs contract was not the one the owners signed off before pen was put to paper .

Someone decided they would amend it and write in a very generous severance clause which was more than his yearly salary . However not half the £2 million reported .

However just as one contract had the owners scratching their heads , more contracts came under scrutiny as did certain payments and deals .

This story is the start of a number which is going to be coming out systematically over the coming weeks .

Many will now be watching their backs as they wait for their number to be called .

The start of 2 years of lies , deciept and cover up is now going to be publically played out

lets just hope Shebby + Agnew are next to follow

read the comments from Kuala Lumpa 4th down about Shebby

I wonder if anything will come ouit about the dodgy portugeses signings...Rosado whom Shebby was championing for instance

lets just hope Shebby + Agnew are next to follow

read the comments from Kuala Lumpa 4th down about Shebby

I wonder if anything will come ouit about the dodgy portugeses signings...Rosado whom Shebby was championing for instance

I've read the quote. Its manifestly wrong. "All our troubles" did not start when Singh was appointed. For a start we'd already been relegated.

Derek Shaw will not be missed....... except maybe by Agnew. Agnew will have to find another fall guy now.

As for the Rao's......The old adage "Fools and their money are soon parted" applies perfectly. How many chickens have forfeited their lives to fund the influx of jackals that moved in when the Walker Trust left? I'm just aggrieved that I didn't know how naive and stupid they are or I'd have been one of them!

• Backroom

Wasn't Shaw the one who came out and said negative things about Berg the moment he was appointed? A bit weird if he was the one who subsequently altered Berg's contract to give him more compo than was initially agreed upon.

Singh has been waiting for this moment - payback time - wonder what pay off Shaw will get along with hush hush fee.

Singh not spoken to Shaw since start of the year, news to Shaw delivered by letter.

If there was a conspiracy of this kind , surely it would need for Shaw, Agnew, Silk, Sylvester to all be in cahoots? These are pretty big changes which can't be done unnoticed.

Maybe Shaw didn't realise he had changed the contract.

NOw let me think this through. Rumour has it Berg was Shebby's man, rumour has it there is a backroom power struggle between shebby and the others. Why then would Shaw sweeten the deal to get in Shebby's man, it doesn't make sense.

Well that's the least dangerous and least embarrassing one gone.

I'd hardly say least dangerous IF he has been going round making alterations to contracts AFTER they have been signed off by Venkys...saying that, this might just be the thin end of the wedge - scary if true!

NOw let me think this through. Rumour has it Berg was Shebby's man, rumour has it there is a backroom power struggle between shebby and the others. Why then would Shaw sweeten the deal to get in Shebby's man, it doesn't make sense.

Shebby's instruction possibly? ...... leaving Shaw's fingerprints on the time bomb rather than his own?? :rock:

Seems like Shaw and Agnew are in deep @#/? trying to mismanage our club. They should be hanged!

Wasn't Shaw the one who came out and said negative things about Berg the moment he was appointed? A bit weird if he was the one who subsequently altered Berg's contract to give him more compo than was initially agreed upon.

Berg was a compromise by all of them, when none could get their own man, so sour grapes perhaps but definitely very unprofessional . One only as to look at his time taking the nobenders to the brink of financial suicide , he didn't lose out ; ) . A good businessman will make themselves a quid or two whenever they can and as others have said in his defence when appointed by Agnew to the board Shaw is a very successful businessman.

Perhaps the 2k saving on chairs was not as good as it seemed at the time

Archived