BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw, Agnew and Bowyer summoned to India

Yes, Shebby is a fool. Shaw and Agnew are fools as well. Venky's are idiots. Everyone is stupid. Thick. Incompetent. Why is it that they are unable to see what is happening right in front of their very eyes?

Oh, but of course they can. No one is this stupid. For all the sound bites, the platitudes, “We Care A Lot”, it’s all positive, we’re all pulling together, “the owners are right behind us”…

The fact of the matter is they have taken an estimated 45m pound business and sold off all its assets, while at the same time replacing the assets with inferior rubbish - and they have had to pay Agents fees in order to do this. Those pesky Agents fees. Of course everyone takes a cut though don’t they? No such thing as a free lunch is there?

I fail to see what more they could have done to get us relegated this season. It still might not happen but you surely see my point.

Five managers averaging what? 9 games each?

Resting your best midfielder and striker for a key game at Cardiff?

Flying the caretaker manager to India in the build up to two crucial home games for (still) reasons unknown (to meet Desai? I’m sure Derby are panicking now Gary’s met her aren't they Agnew)?

Buying rubbish players that added to an already bloated squad?

Providing long term contracts to has-beens who have offered nothing this season?

Removing nigh on all coaching staff (staff that they employed only 3 months previously)?

Where’s Givet?

Where is Martin Olsson?

Where was Dunn for a large part of the season?

You know the sketch, we could all go on.

All this and they’re trying ever so hard. I mean only a few weeks ago Barry Rao said we could make the play-offs. What are the odds on us going up now??! Probably something similar to what they were on us going down at the start of the season funnily enough.

The club is utterly ruined. Broken beyond repair I would suggest and still they show no signs of letting go. It’s a rotting carcass, they have had their full but now want to pick the bones clean. Watch out for the impending fire sale, conveniently, as already mentioned, substantiated by the FFP rules. Then there’s another parachute payment of 16million in the offing as well.

Then, maybe then, when there really is nothing left, they will sell. Or should that read ‘walk away’ leaving a mountain of debt and no football club.

What a great post!

There can be no other conclusions to be drawn from their actions - no one is a stupid as our owners appear to be!

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Agnew: 'Rovers can still move forward'

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10351742._/?

Do you think the owners take more responsibility about the situation the club are in now, compared to when they took over?

Nobody wants to start pointing fingers and apportioning blame. Over a period of time there was always going to be need for changes

What sort of answer is that?

I have just wasted five minutes reading through the Agnew interview. The man is an embarrassment to our football club. His evasive and bland answers just serve to add to the frustration that the true fans are feeling. Only when idiots like him and the Indians have gone will that feeling subside and we can become a normal football club again.

I hope beyond hope that he reads this messageboard because I would challenge him to do a live radio Q&A where nothing is scripted with any Rovers supporter.

It was as slippery as you'd expect really. I know one shouldn't judge a book by its cover... but Agnew and Shaw look a right of pair of smarmy small-timers and it's backed up by their toadying comments. I was disappointed to see Gary Bowyer using 'Madame' also. Is that really necessary?

Also, I think it's pretty apparent from those dodged questions that Venky's could be on their bike before long.

The club is ruined, but what a sweet day it will be when we can begin to rebuild and not have to suffer the sight and sound of these bottom-feeders anymore.

Do you think the owners take more responsibility about the situation the club are in now, compared to when they took over?

Nobody wants to start pointing fingers and apportioning blame. Over a period of time there was always going to be need for changes

What sort of answer is that?

Nobody wants to point fingers and apportioning blame?? That's right - except for every single Rovers fan desperate to see this sorry mess brought to an end.

The last 2 years is hardly a stunning sequence of mistakes / bad luck is it?

The whole situation stinks..... :(

Nobody wants to start pointing fingers and apportioning blame.

He's wrong there, we want to know who exactly is to blame then we want to see them take responsibility and apologise before they go to jail.

Wonder if Agnew finished the interview with both thumbs up and shouted "winning" Charlie Sheen style whilst giving a nod and a wink to North London,

Just out of interest if Shakespeare Shaw is back in the office as Lord Agnew stated previously why is he not being interviewed, he is usually Agnew's buffer for such things

Aggers doing a piece for SkyEM Sports News later apparently, helps to have friends in dark places , wonder if we will get any tears ?

If we mere mortals, honest Joes, who simply spend their hard earned following our team can work it out, it doesn't take a giant leap of faith to realise the Shadow and the Shelving salesman are inveterate liars of the worst kind. They are not fit for purpose, and in any other industry/profession, where value is placed on results, these two would have been down the job centre long ago.

That is why there is a constant stench around Ewood these days. I have three more matches to endure before my patience runs out again and I say goodbye to my beloved club until the aroma is slightly sweeter on the Dark Lords departure.

I await this weekends expose to arrive, hoping it has sufficient substance to oust those that have presided over 30-months worth of train crash, start to finish....I won't hold my breath however.

Yes, Shebby is a fool. Shaw and Agnew are fools as well. Venky's are idiots. Everyone is stupid. Thick. Incompetent. Why is it that they are unable to see what is happening right in front of their very eyes?

Oh, but of course they can. No one is this stupid. For all the sound bites, the platitudes, “We Care A Lot”, it’s all positive, we’re all pulling together, “the owners are right behind us”…

The fact of the matter is they have taken an estimated 45m pound business and sold off all its assets, while at the same time replacing the assets with inferior rubbish - and they have had to pay Agents fees in order to do this. Those pesky Agents fees. Of course everyone takes a cut though don’t they? No such thing as a free lunch is there?

I fail to see what more they could have done to get us relegated this season. It still might not happen but you surely see my point.

Five managers averaging what? 9 games each?

Resting your best midfielder and striker for a key game at Cardiff?

Flying the caretaker manager to India in the build up to two crucial home games for (still) reasons unknown (to meet Desai? I’m sure Derby are panicking now Gary’s met her aren't they Agnew)?

Buying rubbish players that added to an already bloated squad?

Providing long term contracts to has-beens who have offered nothing this season?

Removing nigh on all coaching staff (staff that they employed only 3 months previously)?

Where’s Givet?

Where is Martin Olsson?

Where was Dunn for a large part of the season?

You know the sketch, we could all go on.

All this and they’re trying ever so hard. I mean only a few weeks ago Barry Rao said we could make the play-offs. What are the odds on us going up now??! Probably something similar to what they were on us going down at the start of the season funnily enough.

The club is utterly ruined. Broken beyond repair I would suggest and still they show no signs of letting go. It’s a rotting carcass, they have had their full but now want to pick the bones clean. Watch out for the impending fire sale, conveniently, as already mentioned, substantiated by the FFP rules. Then there’s another parachute payment of 16million in the offing as well.

Then, maybe then, when there really is nothing left, they will sell. Or should that read ‘walk away’ leaving a mountain of debt and no football club.

Been my opinion for some time now.

''A lot of what we do is very good, unfortunately over the last couple of the years the results haven’t been and everybody suffers.''

So he has been doing a sterling job. Blames the team? which has been mismanaged and ripped apart under his stewardship. What a slimy fool!

Wonder what the Kunean had to say about building up the Rovers ladies teams hopes over the past eighteen months, giving them the green light to go ahead with applying for the new league, only for them then to pull the financial backing that was needed.

A good response from Agnew there, I wonder what the 'very good things' have been over the past couple of years?

I'm kind of struggling to see past potential successive relegations, dismantling of a Premiership squad, dwindling fanbase, huge financial losses and a yawning divide at board level.

Go on Agnew, give us a positive.

A good response from Agnew there, I wonder what the 'very good things' have been over the past couple of years?

I'm kind of struggling to see past potential successive relegations, dismantling of a Premiership squad, dwindling fanbase, huge financial losses and a yawning divide at board level.

Depends who the "we" is he is talking about, can think of a few people who have had a good 28 months

has the interview on SSN been on????

Interesting:

"Singhs return to England has been delayed once more, with the global advisor potentially now not returning to Blackburn for a couple of weeks while he awaits the formalities of finalising an extended visa."

Interesting:

"Singhs return to England has been delayed once more, with the global advisor potentially now not returning to Blackburn for a couple of weeks while he awaits the formalities of finalising an extended visa."

Indeed Stuart. How convenient. Just manages to miss the next three home games through a "formality". How careless not managing to arrange that in advance.

What are the odds on that I wonder?

Then again, maybe he'll never return.

Archived