BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The sad passing of "Kelbo".

Glenn

This is Kelvins son Ben, struggling to sleep, so i thought i'd read through this to reassure me how proud i am to have had a father like mine. The support from my friends and family can only be backed up by this, but i thank every single one of you for your posts, they mean the world to me, and when the time is right, my mum too.

I want to share with you something that reminds me of my dad... it's a song, but will remind me of him forever.

Very fitting Ben, My condolences to you and your family.

Rest In Peace Kelbo.

As Glenn states in the opening post, whilst most of us never knew him personally, we all still feel like he was a friend, and that is testament to online communities such as this one, which brings a family of Rovers Supporters together.

It is always sad to lose one of our own.

Kelvin was a very articulate poster, extremely balanced in his views and as others have stated, never fell out with anyone. The site will certainly miss his excellent contribution.

More importantly however, my thoughts and wishes go out to Kelvins family at this horrific time, in this day and age 66 is no age, and a sudden death is always difficult to come to terms with.

Whilst most of us didn't know him personally, his contributions and decorum on the Messageboard allowed us to feel like we did, and it is evident through the posts on this thread that he was held in a high regard by everyone.

R.I.P Mate and my thoughts are with your family and friends at this extremely difficult time.

This news has come as big shock . Even though, like many others, I didn't know Kelbo personally - his contributions to the forum were always constructive and well thought out . I will miss reading them.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends at this very difficult and devastating time .

If anyone is setting up a PayPal account to order some flowers/card please let me know. A couple of quid from everyone who has posted so far would ensure a fitting brfcs tribute at his funeral.

As everyone else has said, a very knowledgable guy. Thoughts are with his family.

Shocked by this news, always enjoyed reading Kelbo's posts, which I found to be extremely balanced, knowledgeable, and which demonstrated a sheer passion for all things Rovers.

Having just got married at the weekend, and with this news, it really puts the whole game of football into perspective - some things are just more important.

RIP Kelbo, Rovers have lost a true supporter too soon.

If anyone is setting up a PayPal account to order some flowers/card please let me know. A couple of quid from everyone who has posted so far would ensure a fitting brfcs tribute at his funeral.

As everyone else has said, a very knowledgable guy. Thoughts are with his family.

That's a great idea, I'll go along with that.

My thoughts and feelings go out to the Family Kelvin leaves behind.

I had the pleasure of knowing Kelvin and meeting him and without doubt he was a true footballing man and will be sorely missed. Football was his life, you could see he derived so much pleasure from it all and that he gave that back in spades. Blackburn Rovers football club ran through his veins, the pride in his voice when he spoke of Rovers was unmistakable and his passion was clear, it pains me that he's departed with Rovers as they are. You'll be missed mate. But if there's one thing I knew about Kelvin for fact it's that one aspect of his life filled him with absolute joy and always made him smile and that was speaking about his family. He spoke with pride and joy about his kids, what they have achieved and the lives they have dug out for themselves, he was a proud father and rightly so. His love & devotion for his wife was clear and I wish her well in this difficult time, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Kelvin you were a good man, I'm pleased to have met you and know that you'll be missed by many but more importantly you'll be remembered and remembered well.

Rest in Peace mate.

My thoughts and feelings go out to the Family Kelvin leaves behind.

I had the pleasure of knowing Kelvin and meeting him and without doubt he was a true footballing man and will be sorely missed. Football was his life, you could see he derived so much pleasure from it all and that he gave that back in spades. Blackburn Rovers football club ran through his veins, the pride in his voice when he spoke of Rovers was unmistakable and his passion was clear, it pains me that he's departed with Rovers as they are. You'll be missed mate. But if there's one thing I knew about Kelvin for fact it's that one aspect of his life filled him with absolute joy and always made him smile and that was speaking about his family. He spoke with pride and joy about his kids, what they have achieved and the lives they have dug out for themselves, he was a proud father and rightly so. His love & devotion for his wife was clear and I wish her well in this difficult time, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Kelvin you were a good man, I'm pleased to have met you and know that you'll be missed by many but more importantly you'll be remembered and remembered well.

Rest in Peace mate.

Very well said.

RIP

• Moderation Lead

Indeed, I'll happily contribute.

RIP Kelbo. Always one whose posts I enjoyed reading.

As others have said, you know so little about people on here who you are in daily communication with, and having read that he was the same age as my own father it puts a lot of things into perspective.

My thoughts are with Ben & the rest of the family.

• Backroom

What a crying shame :( one of the better posters on here by far and we'll be a poorer place without his contributions. Hopefully his family will take some comfort from his posts brightening up the lives of us on here (many from far and wide).

RIP Kelbo. You'll be missed on here. Enjoy your ride in the stars.