BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Blackburn Rovers vs Huddersfield Town, Tuesday 16 April, 19:45

Been a good day and feeling bright and optimistic.

Comfortable 3-0 Rovers' win followed by a 2-0 win on Tuesday.

Crisis, what crisis ?

Panic over, the lads are safe for another season.

Didn't know what all the fuss was about.

Nice little win double there !!!

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Backroom

Great win rovers by far and away the better team we just got nervous near the end but they did nothing at all to stretch us.

Shame we couldn't take advantage of their comedy defence more, it's hard to explain just how bad they were at the back they don't look like they can kick a ball straight between them

Williamson, Givet, Dann and Kane in particular were outstanding and surprisingly Wayne McRooney was brilliant when he came on he was sharp and all over the place in a good way this time

Still ridiculously tight and we have a bad run in but maybe we can do enough to see us safe, after all our rivals need to stop winning eventually, or maybe not.

Anyway one step at a time we did our job the last 2 games and were easily worthy winners tonight

A final word for the numpties who kept the ball in the darwen end you are an embarassment

Whatever happened to Venky's dream of taking us down to The Blue Square League? It's all going horribly wrong.........

Edited by colin

What a miracle worker Bowyer is. Could not in a million years see us winning those two games back to back with two clean sheets to match. Take a bow GB.

One more win from 4 games should see us over the line. Quality performance tonight and deserved to win. You know you've played well when Goodwillie comes on and has a stormer!

Hugo Fernández ‏@Hugo18Fernandez 8m

I've been in Blackburn 3 years and givet's actitud have been excellent even when he wasnt playing its a footballer to take a look and learn

SUMS IT UP :)

Wow, quite surprised at this. As I said earlier he has to start every game for the rest of the season. He can then leave with his head held high. Kane, Hanley, Dann and Givet at the back is some back line for this division.

Just got back. What a great game.

Quality, pace (pre-Dunn/Peds), passing - all the things we have been missing for most of the season.

Garbage referee - I thought he had left his cards in the dressing room for most of the first half, and how he didn't see fit to give a free kick for the GBH on Best (waist height 'challenge') I'll never know - but it didn't matter.

Hudds' Ben was right about one thing: the game was won in midfield, and our rag tag shower bossed it from start to finish. Jones was quality but Williamson was a star. He just pipped Givet to MoM in my eyes. Only players I wouldn't rave about were Lowe (I worried every time he had the ball) and Peds. His leggy shot towards the end from about 10 yards one-on-one was like a player who had given his all since the first whistle - and he'd only been on 10 mins! Him and Dunny made it a nervous last 15 mins as we started to make one or two mistakes and lost all of the pace and momentum. I guess we can put it down to experience since we got all three points. Special mention to Goodwillie would put in a very sensible night watchman role up with Rhodes at the end there.

1 point behind Bumley with a game in hand! Who'd have thought that 2 games ago (not me!)

I even didn't mind listening to the thick-accent of the Blackburn lad who dialed in to radio rovers to wax lyrical about every kick having... wait for it... listened to 'full match commentary on Radio Rovers". Get yourself down to Ewood if it means that much to you!! :brfcsmilie:

• Backroom

An absolutely crucial win, especially considering the results elsewhere. Looks like this season will break records for relegation in terms of points - whoever goes down will be somewhat unlucky in that regard. Looks like Bowyer may get to finish the revival job he started in January.

My mood is soured by the revelation T4E is mates with Jerome Anderson though. Why, pal, why? :(

Just got back. What a great game.

Quality, pace (pre-Dunn/Peds), passing - all the things we have been missing for most of the season.

Garbage referee - I thought he had left his cards in the dressing room for most of the first half, and how he didn't see fit to give a free kick for the GBH on Best (waist height 'challenge') I'll never know - but it didn't matter.

Hudds' Ben was right about one thing: the game was won in midfield, and our rag tag shower bossed it from start to finish. Jones was quality but Williamson was a star. He just pipped Givet to MoM in my eyes. Only players I wouldn't rave about were Lowe (I worried every time he had the ball) and Peds. His leggy shot towards the end from about 10 yards one-on-one was like a player who had given his all since the first whistle - and he'd only been on 10 mins! Him and Dunny made it a nervous last 15 mins as we started to make one or two mistakes and lost all of the pace and momentum. I guess we can put it down to experience since we got all three points. Special mention to Goodwillie would put in a very sensible night watchman role up with Rhodes at the end there.

1 point behind Bumley with a game in hand! Who'd have thought that 2 games ago (not me!)

I even didn't mind listening to the thick-accent of the Blackburn lad who dialed in to radio rovers to wax lyrical about every kick having... wait for it... listened to 'full match commentary on Radio Rovers". Get yourself down to Ewood if it means that much to you!! :brfcsmilie:

As a visually impaired lad, he relies on Radio Rovers' commentary for each game. I'm sure he does attend games, but as he outlined at the beginning of his call, he listens to Radio Rovers irrespective of being there or not. I don't know the extent to which he is visually impaired, but behave yourself. He's a Rovers fan.

I think we might need more than 3 points. Watford bottling it against 3 of the worst sides in the divison on the bounce seems too optimistic imo. That said, Bowyer has done wonders to give us a chance.

Given what Bowyer has said in recent days it seems pretty clear to me he will get the gig full time next season. From what I have seen he deserves the chance. Good luck to the bloke. I hope he can get the most out of the squad in the short term and get us over the line. If / when he gets the job permanently I hope he sees merit in bringing in players like Jones who will fight for the shirt and are proven at this level. If our finances allow such luxuries that is.

As a visually impaired lad, he relies on Radio Rovers' commentary for each game. I'm sure he does attend games, but as he outlined at the beginning of his call, he listens to Radio Rovers irrespective of being there or not. I don't know the extent to which he is visually impaired, but behave yourself. He's a Rovers fan.

Didn't hear him introduced to be honest. Fair dos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.