BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Blackburn Rovers vs Huddersfield Town, Tuesday 16 April, 19:45

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Chelsea don't really notice Todd Kane and let him slip away on the cheap as he will be a top player for somebody

Good to read many seeing the potential in the lad after many were questioning him earlier on.

A very pleasing first half display, probably the best 45 of the season. Shaky second half but defended well.

Sandomierski - 7 - Didn't have much to do, but made a world class save from a header in the second half which ensured the clean sheet

Kane - 8 - Got a really bright future, was excellent all night, got the balance between defense and attack just right and loves a tackle.

Dann - 9 - Another imperious performance from the captain, won me over this year, the most consistent player of the season.

Givet - 8 - Got better as the game wore on, battled for every ball, textbook Givet performance!

Marcus Olsson - 7 - Gave the ball away cheaply on too many occasions, but still a solid performance in an unsual role.

King - 7 - Another who started poorly, but showed his skill and pace in the second half, something to build on.

Williamson - 9 - Man of the match performance, was fantastic in the middle, wanted the ball, tackled, got forward, moved the ball on quickly and worked his socks off.

Jones - 7 - Another who put his heart and soul into the game, still relies too much on his left foot and beats himself at times, but put in a real shift

Lowe - 7 - A decent performance from the young man, made a crucial block and also won a vital header in the first half.

Best - 6 - Still looks a yard off the pace, and needs a goal for his confidence, but won some headers and held the ball up well at times.

Rhodes - 8 - Another vintage Rhodes poachers goal, worked hard up top and on another day with more protection from the referee would have won a dozen free kicks. Classy not to celebrate and was applauded from all stands at the final whistle.

Subs

Pedersen - 6 - Gave the ball away too much, but his experience helped in the dying minutes

Goodwillie - 6 - Actually did ok, a couple of nice touches and a decent shot on goal, has never really been given much of a chance to prove himself at this level, showed he can at least be a willing runner off the bench

Dunn - 6 - Again, came on with the game on the line with 10 minutes to go, some neat touches, but the hard work had already been done by the starting 11.

Edited by rog of the rovers

Hugo Fernández ‏@Hugo18Fernandez 8m

I've been in Blackburn 3 years and givet's actitud have been excellent even when he wasnt playing its a footballer to take a look and learn

So who were the posters saying differently a couple of months ago.

Nice to wake up on a Wednesday morning to read about a win :)

Avoided listening to last two games , and both wins uhmm

From the sounds of it Williamson played a similar game to when we played against Arsenal nothing special but doing an excellent job of protecting the back four ?

Big big question is though ,why was Givet not starting previously - wrong agent ? contract clause? on paper owners not aware ?

Now to decide should I avoid watching the Watford game ?

Edited by perthblue02

A very pleasing first half display, probably the best 45 of the season. Shaky second half but defended well.

Sandomierski - 7 - Didn't have much to do, but made a world class save from a header in the second half which ensured the clean sheet

Kane - 8 - Got a really bright future, was excellent all night, got the balance between defense and attack just right and loves a tackle.

Dann - 9 - Another imperious performance from the captain, won me over this year, the most consistent player of the season.

Givet - 8 - Got better as the game wore on, battled for every ball, textbook Givet performance!

Marcus Olsson - 7 - Gave the ball away cheaply on too many occasions, but still a solid performance in an unsual role.

King - 7 - Another who started poorly, but showed his skill and pace in the second half, something to build on.

Williamson - 9 - Man of the match performance, was fantastic in the middle, wanted the ball, tackled, got forward, moved the ball on quickly and worked his socks off.

Jones - 7 - Another who put his heart and soul into the game, still relies too much on his left foot and beats himself at times, but put in a real shift

Lowe - 7 - A decent performance from the young man, made a crucial block and also won a vital header in the first half.

Best - 6 - Still looks a yard off the pace, and needs a goal for his confidence, but won some headers and held the ball up well at times.

Rhodes - 8 - Another vintage Rhodes poachers goal, worked hard up top and on another day with more protection from the referee would have won a dozen free kicks. Classy not to celebrate and was applauded from all stands at the final whistle.

Subs

Pedersen - 6 - Gave the ball away too much, but his experience helped in the dying minutes

Goodwillie - 6 - Actually did ok, a couple of nice touches and a decent shot on goal, has never really been given much of a chance to prove himself at this level, showed he can at least be a willing runner off the bench

Dunn - 6 - Again, came on with the game on the line with 10 minutes to go, some neat touches, but the hard work had already been done by the starting 11.

Many thanks Rog, much appreciated round up for those of us who can't make midweek games.

It wasnt all a bed of roses boys and girls. Some of the football on offeer was frighteningly poor BUT lets just take the points and look up rather than down. I called it right with a Rovers win by the odd goal.

Just reflecting on yet another atrocious season, my final visit top Ewood this year and Cardiff going up. Rovers stand some 30 points off Cardiff and it got me thinking just how Rovers havent got themselves at least into the top 5 this season.

Ipswich a lost 2 points

Leeds a lost 2 points

Charlton a lost 2 points

Wolves home lost 3 points

Forest a lost 2 points

Derby a lost 2 points

Huddersfield a lost 2 points

Brum h lost 2 points

Bolton h lost 3 points

Millwall h lost 3 points

Burnley a lost 2 points

Cardiff h lost at least 1 point

Blackpool a lost 1 point

Boro a lost 3 points

Wolves a lost 3 points

Charlton h lost 3 points

Brighton h and a lost 6 points

Leeds h lost 2 points

Peterboro h lost 3 points

Burnley h lost 2 points

Sheff wed a lost 3 points

Yes folks that a whopping 50 points that we have lost (IMO) this season. Comfortably league winners even with losing a few games.

Food for thought eh ?????

Didn't we get 2 draws against Brighton?So isn't it 4points lost not 6? How is Burnley home a lost 2 points if we got an off-side equaliser in the 96th minute? Haven't gone through the full list but aren't you gilding the lily a bit?

• Backroom

Good to read many seeing the potential in the lad after many were questioning him earlier on.

I didn't think he looked any good in his first couple of games yet he's grown in confidence and got begged game on game

I think he may be one we may be able to get for another season on loan and maybe more IF we stay up

Edited by Tom M

Todd Kane and Williamson were my contenders for MOM, Williamson just goes to show that in this league you need desire more than flair. Hope we can secure Kane next season looks a good player but not as good as Henley.

Not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but Scott Dann was immense tonight, played like a real captain.

A lot more confident in our chances now, more down to the desire and application from the players over the last two games.

Oh and Todd Kane has a real future in the game in my opinion, looks a proper player.

Agree on both of those Jason, couldn't believe how well Dann played tonight, perhaps he felt more confident having Givet alongside?

Only dilemma with Kane if we could secure his services is, how do you fit him and Henley into the same side? Could Kane play right hand side of midfield perhaps?

• Backroom

Agree on both of those Jason, couldn't believe how well Dann played tonight, perhaps he felt more confident having Givet alongside?

Only dilemma with Kane if we could secure his services is, how do you fit him and Henley into the same side? Could Kane play right hand side of midfield perhaps?

Didn't Henley play left back at some point in the youth set up or was that just when he first covered in the first team?

Overall I thought this was the most enjoyable game of the season albeit the first 20-25 minutes wasn't very impressive.

Yet again Rhodes proved the difference between the two sides with a very sharp finish. I just don't understand the criticism of him at all.

As with the Blackpool game, Williamson was my MOM with Kane very close behind. I also thought Jones had a much better game than of late as well.

Dann was superb in defence, Givet looked way off the pace at the start but got better and better as the game went on. A sterling effort from him.

The three players who were substituted all had poor games I thought, King, Lowe and Best. Along with Marcus Olsson.

Great cameo from Goodwillie when he came on, the sharpest he's looked since he's been at the Club. Surely deserves a start ahead of the very disappointing Best.

Sadly the same couldn't be said about Dunn, looked overweight and sluggish when called upon for the last few minutes.

Didn't Henley play left back at some point in the youth set up or was that just when he first covered in the first team?

I'm not sure, but we are certainly crying out for someone who resembles a natural LB. Have been since Warnock was sold.

Williamson was MOM followed closely by Kane and Dann.

Goodwillie's performance was amazing. He was the best of the substitutes. I reckon he deserves a start ahead of Best.

Rovers team has now got shape. They are much better than when managed by Appleton or Berg.

Keep up the good work GB :rover:

An excellent win.

I'm interested to see how we do against Watford this weekend. Gary Bowyer seems the type to keep the squad performing.

Regardless, I'm weeping in my beer for what might have been but for board room weasels.

Well it's costing me and my mate a fair wedge to watch the game tonight . 12 hours overtime turned down in order to watch . Just got up and butterflies or indegestion ( who knows) are flowing. Going to nip the gym to pass time . I don't think anyone hates the venkyscum more than me but tonight IS important and could be the defining game in our teams famous history . Yes I want them out but no I don't want division 3 either and the death that would follow . Strangely tho I don't know whether its too many night shifts or insanity but I feel a good win coming tonight , no idea why ha.
Ah we'll back on nights tommorow and a fridge of Stella for overnight awaits .

+1

Givet and Williamsson was sheer class today.

Credit to Gary Bowyer getting us Points when really needed.

Watford game televised...

also a big following probably!!

You have to remember Huddersfield won away 3-1 to Wolves and was in form and we dominated such an important game.

Positives

Givet, King Givet allez allez....Givet Givet!

Williamsson, ,

King getting better for every game

Olsson coming back.

Todd Kane, impressing every game

On BeIn sports over here, another nail in our coffin we like to lose when I get to watch. Couple that with Watford on a bad run, mmm do I watch or not. Not guaranteed to be on, it's on the schedule but I've seen em switch things at the last minute before.

Whatever happened to Venky's dream of taking us down to The Blue Square League? It's all going horribly wrong.........

Give it time colin.

Panic over, the lads are safe for another season.

Didn't know what all the fuss was about.

Nice little win double there !!!

Are you nuts. Nothing like safe Mercerman

I hope Watford crash and burn I'm the play-offs. They've done us zero favours. What odds we'll be the only team down there that they beat?

Nailed on, just like us being the only team Leicester beat in 10.

I would like to congratulate the ref from last night. He was by far the worse I have EVER seen. He wanted to be the centre of attention and got virtually every decision wrong. But we prevailed. Onwards & upwards!!

Thanks for some of the brief reports it is a relief to read some of the positive reports on here. Sadly I will not return to a positive nature until someone tells me we can NOT get relegated and mean it.

Great to read that Givet had a good game I was really worried about that one. Happy too our midfield showed up the likes of Murphette and Etuhu. Now is there any possibility we might get to keep this young Kane lad.

Seems like Bentley, Martin Olsson and Bradley Orr will come back into contention for Watford game.

After Watford game we will also have Kaz and Hanley back, so its alot of competition for places.

When is Henley and Etuhu back?

I would like to congratulate the ref from last night. He was by far the worse I have EVER seen. He wanted to be the centre of attention and got virtually every decision wrong. But we prevailed. Onwards & upwards!!

They keep cropping up at our games don't they. At least he did not do any real damage.

That's what Jordan Rhodes is all about. That was clinical. A great striker should always have hitting the back of the net at the fore front of his mind, and should be trying to find the quickest and shortest route to goal.

Sounds obvious I know but so many over-complicate it.

Kane and Williamson were absolutely brilliant - our premierleague players that came down have proved all season they aint up for it , get the hardworking players you will go far in this league ...Scott Dann and Gael Givet were brilliant together - gave me a lot of confidence

Josh King did well second half - needs to work a lot on his final ball because hes got the skill and can take players on

David Jones just isn't a right winger - had a decent game - but hes very one footed - much better in the centre

Jason Lowe and Marcus Olsson - I fail to see how these have made footballers - if we manage to stay up this season these two should be worried

Just reflecting on yet another atrocious season, my final visit top Ewood this year and Cardiff going up. Rovers stand some 30 points off Cardiff and it got me thinking just how Rovers havent got themselves at least into the top 5 this season.

Back to back wins at home against mediocre sides and we're shouting from the rooftops as If its some great achievement.Its been a spineless and pathetic season tbh and we are far from out of trouble yet!

Didn't we get 2 draws against Brighton?So isn't it 4points lost not 6? How is Burnley home a lost 2 points if we got an off-side equaliser in the 96th minute? Haven't gone through the full list but aren't you gilding the lily a bit?

I think this was just a list of games we didn't win despite having more money to burn than the opposition. We don't have a divine right to beat anyone and if you carry on like we have as a club you'll always end up in trouble. In reality we didn't win these games because we have been total mince all season and have deserved exactly what we have ended up with. Hopefully we can survive and regroup for next year but unless there is a change of approach it will be the botoom of the league we'll be looking at next year not the top.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.