BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Blackburn Rovers vs Huddersfield Town, Tuesday 16 April, 19:45

is this an ironic comment after Dean Saunders called him Darren Beckford? just in case people are still confused its Jermaine Beckford. Still though big Darren/Jason did net two well finished goals against Wolves.

Hows your back 4 looking?

I don't think your Jared Beckford is as good as you like to make out. Big big game this one lose and we are back in the mire win, and we are still not safe but will be able to breath a little easier and I am sure our players will for the four games after this one. Who knows, I thought we would lose Saturday and for this game I am still not confident. Roveritis we have a habit of cocking up the really big game. A limp 0-2 loss.

Edited by USABlue

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think your Jared Beckford is as good as you like to make out. Big big game this one lose and we are back in the mire win, and we are still not safe but will be able to breath a little easier and I am sure our players will for the four games after this one. Who knows, I thought we would lose Saturday and for this game I am still not confident. Roveritis we have a habit of cocking up the really big game. A limp 0-2 loss.

Oh contraire it is not Jallile Beckford you should be worries about, nope it is his partner in crime Michael Vaughan. When not captaining England he is demon in front of goal!

• Backroom

Bad feeling about this one but with Barnsley and wolves losing at weekend it's still somehow not over just yet if we do lose, although close to it.

If we win and other result go our way suddenly we could be a few points clear with a game in hand and other teams only having a few games left to play.

Feel it will be a nervy night either way and another bad game with them nicking it 2-1

Just think if Diogo Rosado kept the ball at their ground we'd be a fair bit comfier now

Would honestly prefer Rekik to Givet. His time has come and gone and I think the youngster has something to prove after a difficult time at left back.

Real blow to lose Kazim, he's a real focal point and the onus is once again thrust on the shoulders of Dunn to be our outlet.

Would like to see Pedersen brought in for Kazim, particularly if Morris is going to play left back. MGP offers a lot defensively and his experience can only help young Josh. Also brings the long throw ins into play, the situation the way it is, it's hardly going to be a footballing classic!

Sandomierski

Kane - Dann - Rekik - Morris

Lowe - Williamson

Dunn - Jones - Pedersen

Rhodes

Would honestly prefer Rekik to Givet. His time has come and gone and I think the youngster has something to prove after a difficult time at left back.

Real blow to lose Kazim, he's a real focal point and the onus is once again thrust on the shoulders of Dunn to be our outlet.

Would like to see Pedersen brought in for Kazim, particularly if Morris is going to play left back. MGP offers a lot defensively and his experience can only help young Josh. Also brings the long throw ins into play, the situation the way it is, it's hardly going to be a footballing classic!

Sandomierski

Lowe - Williamson

Dunn - Jones - Pedersen

Rhodes

I know he's maybe been out of position but poor is not the word for Rekik. Givet every time for me.

Not particularly looking forward to this one. We know Huddersfield are going to have more possession than us, therefore will dictate the pace of the game. We can only hope they're as toothless as Derby were. My only prediction is that it won't be exactly "champagne" football. Goodness knows how we.ll score the goals we desperately need.

Givet being back is massive news. A defence with Givet in is vastly superior than our defence without Givet in. Even more crucial considering Hanley is out. Givet and Dann is a strong pairing - Dann and Lowe/Rekik is not so strong and I'd be concerned about it.

Cue a rogue injury during the next 24 hours...!

hmm that's what i fear. Picked up a `knock` wouldnt surprise me. Has to play though. I think he could be the difference between losing and not losing. Wouldnt like Morris and Rekik both in the back 4.

My concern over Givet would be as to his lack of match fitness. When was it he came in after a long lay off previously, was it Blackpool away? He was extremely poor as I recall.

The younger Rekik is more like to be sharper fitness wise and centre back is his preferred position albeit he has looked poor at LB. I don't think there's much to choose between picking either, both represent a gamble.

Anyone but MGP for the suspended CKR please.

Sandomierski

Lowe - Williamson

Dunn - Jones - Pedersen

Rhodes

Pedersen ! Why don't we just play with 10 men and have done with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.