BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Blackburn Rovers vs Huddersfield Town, Tuesday 16 April, 19:45

Rekik certainly can't be any worse at CB than he was at left wing. My God what a strange decision that was by Appleton. Still, Givet for me. I reckon he'll be pumped to actually play a match.

Whoever wears the shirt,, we'll be 100% behind them!! Win this game and it'll take us to 53 points and pull others into the mix.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concern over Givet would be as to his lack of match fitness. When was it he came in after a long lay off previously, was it Blackpool away? He was extremely poor as I recall.

The younger Rekik is more like to be sharper fitness wise and centre back is his preferred position albeit he has looked poor at LB. I don't think there's much to choose between picking either, both represent a gamble.

Anyone but MGP for the suspended CKR please.

Last time I saw him he was responsible for one of the gaols. Let's hope if he plays he's not holding a grudge.

Apart from that I quite like Rog's team assuming we have to go with Morris due to injury concerns. I'd play Nunes instead of Pedersen though.

Nunes is not even in the first team.

I would play King in for CKR but it will probably be Markus Olsson. It seems he is back.

midfield is so bad i'd certainly have 5 in there posibly with 2 slightly more advanced, the isolation and lack of service rhodes gets is criminal purely because the opposition dominate midfield and posession week in and week out resulting in the only out being constant long balls

I've every confidence in Rhodes and Dunn having the required composure to at least work the goalie i have absolutely none in CKR and King

I can't pick 11 players from this squad good enough to comfortably win this, just hope we get the breaks

Huddersfield fans are up for it they've sold 2k, plus expecting a large pay on the night walk up. Very tricky this, hope for an early goal to settle the nerves. No doubt they'll be giving Rhodes stick so hope he bags the first.

Huddersfield fans are up for it they've sold 2k, plus expecting a large pay on the night walk up. Very tricky this, hope for an early goal to settle the nerves. No doubt they'll be giving Rhodes stick so hope he bags the first.

And the second!!

Could you really see Di Canio lasting more than half an hour in the presence of Shebby & Shagnew? He'd have thrown a proper Itallian strop, smacked one of them in the mouth and stormed off. Now there's something on Sky pay-per-view I would pay for!

Anyway, back to tonight. Last home game this season I'll get chance to see, fairly hopeful of the 3 pts provided we go with Givet. I know he's 'highly rated' at City (football speak for "will somebody pay his wages for a few months please") but I don't have confidence in Rekik to put his boots on the right feet after his previous showings, never mind be a tower of strength in the heart of defence!

Taking my daughter again who's been 'unbeaten' this season - 3 wins & a draw - so hopefully her good form will continue, although she's not happy that Jake Kean won't be playing (think she's a soft spot there, even though she's only 7).

JR has scored in all 4 of those games so I'll go for 3-1 Rovers with a Rhodes brace and Best to break his duck.

COYB

• Backroom

Could you really see Di Canio lasting more than half an hour in the presence of Shebby & Shagnew? He'd have thrown a proper Itallian strop, smacked one of them in the mouth and stormed off. Now there's something on Sky pay-per-view I would pay for!

Anyway, back to tonight. Last home game this season I'll get chance to see, fairly hopeful of the 3 pts provided we go with Givet. I know he's 'highly rated' at City (football speak for "will somebody pay his wages for a few months please") but I don't have confidence in Rekik to put his boots on the right feet after his previous showings, never mind be a tower of strength in the heart of defence!

Taking my daughter again who's been 'unbeaten' this season - 3 wins & a draw - so hopefully her good form will continue, although she's not happy that Jake Kean won't be playing (think she's a soft spot there, even though she's only 7).

JR has scored in all 4 of those games so I'll go for 3-1 Rovers with a Rhodes brace and Best to break his duck.

COYB

My gf adores Jake Kean. I think it's a goalie thing, as she also loves Joe Hart, De Gea and (I think) me - I was a goalie whenever I played.

• Backroom

I hope you look more like Hart than the scrawny, lanky, bumfluff bearded De Gea (for your own sake)

Take out the muscles and have him box Mike Tyson for a bit, you have me :P

Well it's costing me and my mate a fair wedge to watch the game tonight . 12 hours overtime turned down in order to watch . Just got up and butterflies or indegestion ( who knows) are flowing. Going to nip the gym to pass time . I don't think anyone hates the venkyscum more than me but tonight IS important and could be the defining game in our teams famous history . Yes I want them out but no I don't want division 3 either and the death that would follow . Strangely tho I don't know whether its too many night shifts or insanity but I feel a good win coming tonight , no idea why ha.

Ah we'll back on nights tommorow and a fridge of Stella for overnight awaits .

big turn out coming from the Town tonight. We always travel in good numbers but tonight is looking like many thousands are coming to roar the town on.

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/club-news-hoyle-blackburn-comments-772790.aspx

Up the Town!

Nothing personal but I hope Rhodes makes you choke on your 8 million quid tonight.

big turn out coming from the Town tonight. We always travel in good numbers but tonight is looking like many thousands are coming to roar the town on.

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/club-news-hoyle-blackburn-comments-772790.aspx

Up the Town!

Many thousands ? You're sounding like a geordie with that talk lol Most likely to be about 3k maybe more which is good but to be honest i wouldn't expect much less. Owing to the farce surrounding our club you will be confronted with about 12k mute rovers fans :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.