BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers away at Millwall in the Championship, 23rd April.

I can give you sn absolute assurance nithing has been done from talking with the players.

Oh apart from our brightest youth prospect being released who happens nit to be represented by he who shoukd not be tantraed.

Who is this philip? As someone who watches the Under-21s and Under-18s the only players I heard being released are those who have really failed to make the grade. Is there a surprise name that we don't know about?

Edited by Parsonblue

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought I'd celebrate survival in the championship, just shows how low this lot have dragged us.

Survival Nick? Last nights result had me checking to see if we can still make the play offs! ^_^

Edited by thenodrog

Slept somewhat better last night and hopefully can forget about football until the nightmare starts again in August.

Roll on the summer and our glorious boys in white making the convicts chase the ball all over the cricket field.

Got my ticket for the first day of the Ashes test at Old Trafford, looking forward to that immensely. It would be nice to put rovers to the back of my mind over the summer Jim, but somehow, I just know the circus will continue unabated. Why do the Venky's torture us so much? Why can't they just treat us fans, the club and it's employees with a little love and affection? Lol.

Got my ticket for the first day of the Ashes test at Old Trafford, looking forward to that immensely. It would be nice to put rovers to the back of my mind over the summer Jim, but somehow, I just know the circus will continue unabated. Why do the Venky's torture us so much? Why can't they just treat us fans, the club and it's employees with a little love and affection? Lol.

Looking forward to it too - as long as England play to their capabilities and win of course.

Not looking forward to the dreaded news in June that Rovers have started pre-season training.

Used to love football but this Indian lot have killed it.

Edited by jim mk2

Test cricket should never have left Old Trafford.

Bowyer will not be manager next season.

Should he be? Well there are a lot of inferior options.

The problem however does not lie with the manager but recruitment of players and lack of a back up team of quality coaches and medical staff.

It's currently run like an actual pub team and I can see no sign of this being addressed.

Where did you get that rubbish from? We paid approx 1.5m for Dann. The 6m deal reported in the press included his wages over the length of the contract. It was reported like that at the request of Birmingham City who didn't want to anger their supporters.

Then I've been mislead. 1.5m is too much for Dann. The Scott Dann is Superman chant shows a lack of awareness and basic football knowledge.

It's interesting that in hindsight, Millwall knocking us out of the FA cup actually helped save us from relegation. The weekend we were due to play Millwall in the leage was postponed because of us facing them in the FA Cup in the same weekend. We were in dreadful form at that stage and would have no doubt lost the league game at the Den just as we ultimately lost the FA Cup match. If we had beaten them then our game against Derby would have been postponed in order to play the Semi against Wigan.

Instead, we played the game against Derby on the scheduled date, won the game, and set off on a run of winning 3 out of 4 which ironically included that re-scheduled lge game against Millwall. As much as I would have loved a day out at wembley, I would certainly take lge survival over it.

It's interesting that in hindsight, Millwall knocking us out of the FA cup actually helped save us from relegation. The weekend we were due to play Millwall in the leage was postponed because of us facing them in the FA Cup in the same weekend. We were in dreadful form at that stage and would have no doubt lost the league game at the Den just as we ultimately lost the FA Cup match. If we had beaten them then our game against Derby would have been postponed in order to play the Semi against Wigan.

Instead, we played the game against Derby on the scheduled date, won the game, and set off on a run of winning 3 out of 4 which ironically included that re-scheduled lge game against Millwall. As much as I would have loved a day out at wembley, I would certainly take lge survival over it.

Great post. :)

...and as appalling as we've been all season, we've just gone above Burnley!

Above Bumley now :lol:

3 points and above Burnley and Blackpool.

What a difference 90 minutes makes!!!

But don't worry, the gap definitely isn't closing, is it ........

Just seen the penalty. Harsh in the extreme but I couldn't give a toss. Well done Grant.

Not seen it but heard it was a dive, I'm sure though as it assures your survival you won't give a flying one. We need to get a result Saturday so we have a chance of playing you again next season

Just watched the highlights. Looked like a soft pen but if you slide in to a tackle in the area then you are running a big risk. Silly play from Shittu. Hard to see whether Shittu got a touch on the ball or not but clever play from Hanley nonetheless.

Just watched the highlights. Looked like a soft pen but if you slide in to a tackle in the area then you are running a big risk. Silly play from Shittu. Hard to see whether Shittu got a touch on the ball or not but clever play from Hanley nonetheless.

All that was missing was the shout of 'timber' as Hanley fell. I have no problem with that as we've been done enough in the past.

Not arsed if he dived , with all the decisions and @#/? we as rovers fans have endured we deserve a bit of luck on the ref front .

The point being that it is our worst season in living memory, even fans aged sixty plus, yet we are still above you lot.

Are you absolutely sure about that? Worse than some of your seasons in the 60's and 70's? Come now I don't think so.

It is though fair to say you are one whole point above us, some achievement. I mean even though you were at one point 3 leagues above us and this shaping up to be our worst (actually maybe next to worst thinking about it) season since we were promoted to this level 14 years ago.

The gap is closing said Claret Ducky, Blue and white Neo replied 'there is no spoon'

Crazy play from Shittu, though talking about crazy play our plan to launch it onto his forehead for two games in the cup now looks ever sillier when you see what happens when somebody runs at him ... That somebody being a hefty centre half also!

I just wanted to add a couple of points which Steve Claridge [no; I can't normally stand him, either!] made in commentary on Radio 5 last night which nobody else seems to have quoted on here:

1] We've had a lot of bad luck with injuries, with CKR's being just the latest. Now; some of them may be what we'd think of as "injuries" ;) and those injured players may not have made a lot of difference "cometh the hour"; but firstly Appleton's, then Bowyer's, hands have been somewhat tied when it came to team selection;

2] he made a very favourable comment on Goodwillie's part in our first goal, in terms of him making a dummy run and distracting some of the opposition defenders.

As regards whether Bowyer should be appointed permanent mananger [whatever that means at Ewood!], I write this as someone who is distinctly not "itk".

What we've got to remember is where we are, just above the relegation zone in Division 2-really, and the reputation we have under our present owners - did anyone else squirm as much as I did last night when Radio 5 played the Muppet tune behind the timeline of what's happened to us? :wacko: We're highly unlikely to attract a high-calibre unemployed manager; what I think we need is to appoint someone who's comparatively young, and hungry to make a reputation [maybe a bit like Howard Kendall circa 1979]. Who's to say Bowyer wouldn't be such an appointment? At least he knows the set-up. I agree, though, that there's a lot of work to be done in pre-season on the players' fitness.

Finally, stating the bleeding obvious, there's got to be a serious clear-out of players who aren't fit for the Championship next season. Going back to Steve Claridge last night, he was clinical in his analysis of Markus Olsson's worth to the team! ^_^

I just wanted to add a couple of points which Steve Claridge [no; I can't normally stand him, either!] made in commentary on Radio 5 last night which nobody else seems to have quoted on here:

1] We've had a lot of bad luck with injuries, with CKR's being just the latest. Now; some of them may be what we'd think of as "injuries" ;) and those injured players may not have made a lot of difference "cometh the hour"; but firstly Appleton's, then Bowyer's, hands have been somewhat tied when it came to team selection;

2] he made a very favourable comment on Goodwillie's part in our first goal, in terms of him making a dummy run and distracting some of the opposition defenders.

As regards whether Bowyer should be appointed permanent mananger [whatever that means at Ewood!], I write this as someone who is distinctly not "itk".

What we've got to remember is where we are, just above the relegation zone in Division 2-really, and the reputation we have under our present owners - did anyone else squirm as much as I did last night when Radio 5 played the Muppet tune behind the timeline of what's happened to us? :wacko: We're highly unlikely to attract a high-calibre unemployed manager; what I think we need is to appoint someone who's comparatively young, and hungry to make a reputation [maybe a bit like Howard Kendall circa 1979]. Who's to say Bowyer wouldn't be such an appointment? At least he knows the set-up. I agree, though, that there's a lot of work to be done in pre-season on the players' fitness.

Finally, stating the bleeding obvious, there's got to be a serious clear-out of players who aren't fit for the Championship next season. Going back to Steve Claridge last night, he was clinical in his analysis of Markus Olsson's worth to the team! ^_^

Injuries bad luck???? Bad preperation, bad planning, poor knowledge etc etc etc Sports Science at Rovers is rubbish.

Well done on the win and we are close to certain survival but.....................

Reading some of the posts on here I am really struggling to come to terms with some of the naive comments. Believe it or not we have already entered a critical period for next season and nothing at all has been done. Who is talking to the out of contract players? Who is deciding who stays and who goes? Who has identified any potential targets? Who is planning pre-season training? Who is planning the friendlies? Who is deciding season ticket prices? Who is targeting potential sponsors? There are lots of other things that should be happening but you can bet your bottom dollar they won't be.

We really need to hit the ground running next season and a good start is imperative. With none of the above being done at the moment I believe we will be in exactly the same position next season where we will be fighting to stay in the league and celebrating a win at the likes of Millwall like we have won the FA Cup.

Great Post - a repeat of last seasons summer debacle looms!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.