BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers away at Millwall in the Championship, 23rd April.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tough game..

Hopefully CKR is in the mood - we seem to score with him in the side, he holds the ball up well too.

Think Lowe and Hanley also have to come back into the team, with Lowe, Williamson and Jones our midfield at least did seem to take a hold of the game, albeit against a poor Derby and Huddersfield side.

Have to go for it being the game in hand, fear if we don't get anything from the game then we're as good as gone.

Millwall will be without Lowry (susp) and injury victims Taylor, St.Ledger, Trotter and Robinson.....Chris Taylor and Liam Trotter are very important players for Millwall....

That's good news. Fancy another dour draw in this one - similar to the turgid game in the FA Cup QF at the Den. I'd take that now though.

They will be. I phoned the ticket office earlier and they said to pick one up at the ground. No idea how I go about doing this.

The away ticket office is just next to the away turnstiles , can't miss it

• Backroom

A pathetic 2-0 awaits us with our players not breaking a sweat

A terrible game and 0-0 would be a very good result though and 3 points puts us all but safe but I can't see us scoring

He was that good, if only he'd have played all season we might not have gone down.... derr. Those stats dont go onto say that after he won it he gave it back to the opposition or played one of our defenders into trouble.

Hater gonna hate.

I repeat my gut feeling about this game. We owe them one.

GB must select a fighting, never-say-die team and tell them that this is their cup final. "Win at all costs", Brad Freidel 2002.

Keep the ball on the ground, pass and run; always want the ball; play for each other; football is a team game; don't be greedy; attempt (now and again) to take on an opposition player and beat him.

Funnily enough Millwall are my second favourite London club (after Fulham). Their best players are Chris Taylor and goalie Forde.

Maybe Taylor is out injured; I hope so.

Please, Rovers, prove me right with a win. Then we can sit back and enjoy the last two games.

I repeat my gut feeling about this game. We owe them one.

GB must select a fighting, never-say-die team and tell them that this is their cup final. "Win at all costs", Brad Freidel 2002.

Keep the ball on the ground, pass and run; always want the ball; play for each other; football is a team game; don't be greedy; attempt (now and again) to take on an opposition player and beat him.

Funnily enough Millwall are my second favourite London club (after Fulham). Their best players are Chris Taylor and goalie Forde.

Maybe Taylor is out injured; I hope so.

Please, Rovers, prove me right with a win. Then we can sit back and enjoy the last two games.

We've hardly played like that all season, it's a bit late now. As I said after Saturday's debacle it's pretty obvious that team spirit is non-existent and a collective effort just doesn't exist. No body is playing for any one else in a blue and white shirt. They just want to turn up, get keaned, kean off home and draw the dosh. A lot will depend on Millwall's attitude, if they really want to go for it we're keaned.

They will be. I phoned the ticket office earlier and they said to pick one up at the ground. No idea how I go about doing this.

Cheers, apparently they are available from the North Stand ticket office. Meeting at the market porter in borough market if you fancy a pint

Surely the players must realise that the hoof it up isn't the way to go against the behemoth centre half.

I see a very poor Huddersfield side trounce them over the weekend - anyone seen highlights? Would be interesting to see how they played.

Talking to a couple of my Uddersfield mates last night and they thought Millwall were poor. I asked them how Shittu played and they said he was bad and at fault for one goal.

Should be our best chance of 3 points

I think we will lose. The crucial thing is to avoid a heavy defeat

Blimey Paul, that's an Appleton quote if ever I've seen one! I only hope that Bowyer isn't telling the players that. As Kamy said, tonight is more or less a 'free hit'. We need to go out to win, not avoid a heavy defeat. It's been the keep it tight and hope for the best philosophy that has seen us perform appallingly on the road all season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.