BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers away at Millwall in the Championship, 23rd April.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy how things change in this place, last week people were predicting wins against a quite high flying Watford team and now look..

This has got to be our best chance for 3 points out of our remaining fixtures and hopefully the lads will be up for it after the dire performances against them in the cup - Dunn ?

Millwall still have something to play for as they aren't mathematically safe yet but a win would achieve that. If we were at home then I would fancy us to get a point or if we were lucky sneak a win but away at their place I can only see a defeat.

Man of the match once again will be Danny Shittu's head as we hoof it at him in a 2-0 win for Millwall.

I view this as a “free hit” in terms of we can only improve our position in terms of points so we might as well go for it. The 4 goals we conceded against Watford means for me that we can no longer rely on GD to keep us up. Hopefully Bowyer sends out the players with positive intent, if we play the ball on the ground then we can expose Millwall’s limitations at the back.

I view this as a “free hit” in terms of we can only improve our position in terms of points so we might as well go for it. The 4 goals we conceded against Watford means for me that we can no longer rely on GD to keep us up. Hopefully Bowyer sends out the players with positive intent, if we play the ball on the ground then we can expose Millwall’s limitations at the back.

Go gungho and we'd be in danger of conceeding another three or four goals

• Backroom

Go gungho and we'd be in danger of conceeding another three or four goals

You really think so? This is the same Millwall team that didn't really look like scoring against us over 180 mins of football and only did eventually from a set piece corner that should never have been given to them. In fact it's a weaker team as they have a few key players out.

We had an awful half of football on Sat, but before that we beat 2 teams without conceding of similar standard to Millwall.

I know things are far from rosy at the moment but the negativity does get a bit much sometimes. Away games are the issue I know, and our form is dreadful, but if we can't go into games like this thinking we can compete and be aiming for a draw at the very least, then tbh we probably deserve to be in League 1.

Kamy we don't have the players in midfield with the courage to do the difficult things like playing it on the ground and looking for the positive pass, we take the easy option and pay it long so we don't have to take responsibility for creating anything. It's been the same all season and I don't see it changing now.

Kamy we don't have the players in midfield with the courage to do the difficult things like playing it on the ground and looking for the positive pass, we take the easy option and pay it long so we don't have to take responsibility for creating anything. It's been the same all season and I don't see it changing now.

For me we deffo tried to pass the ball/retain possession against Derby and Huddersfield. Even during the first half against Watford we were decent in terms of possession and managed to frustrate them, however it all fell apart as soon as they scored.

Hopefully Hanley being back in defence tonight will help us to tighten up again.

I think both teams would happily take a draw tonight, that's not to say it will end that way but I'm sure it will be in the players minds to some degree.

Agree - although think it will end up that way.

Millwall are a pretty rubbish team, but then so are we. They're physical and they're the type of teams we struggle most against. Having said that we've been in decent form of late. Both teams need something to stay up but aren't favorites for the drop. All in all it's got draw written all over it.

Having Kaz back will be a huge boost. He holds the ball up well and tries to play it about (overplays it sometimes) which is what's needed to beat Millwall. I also wonder if they'll struggle with the pace of King as they don't strike me as the most mobile of teams. I'd also like to think after being knocked out of the FA cup quarters by them, the players would be "up" for this one and want revenge...

A draw wouldn't be a bad result and would edge us towards safety. 1-1 with Rhodes (who else) scoring.

• Backroom

Told by a Millwall supporting colleague that Shittu up top tonight.

Excellent news if true I reckon.

That would leave their defence exposed for us to nick a few.

Didn't he get MOTM at the back in both our cup games? Would be a strange move to take him out of there.

Vaughan and Beckford showed Shittu for what he really is on Saturday when they destoryed him. A beast in the air, but sloppy on the deck. And as Alex Rover pointed out, planting it to his head for 180 minutes non-stop was never going to lead to a goal.

Pity we don't have Rochina tonight - that's the sort of player who could potentially make a mug of Danny.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

4-3-3? Sando Kane Dann Hanley Olsson Dunn Lowe Jones King and Kaz then Rhodes upfront. King is awful for tracking back and playing a bit further up would require less of that providing the midfield three put a shift in. What am I saying, how many times this season has the midfield even put a shift in. Think tonight will be a draw 0-0 or 1-1. There won't be many goals in this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.