Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers v Palace

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Backroom

Just enough

Even game in which both teams could have won, they had the clearer chances but we had most of the game

- fantastic finish by Rhodes

- Gomes may as well have stayed at home such was his impact on the game

- king shows real pace but frustrates

- goodwillie put in a real shift and was one of our better players along with Williamson who controlled the game and Morris who grew in confidence as the game went on

Not much more to say really but it was pretty entertaining in patches and we played some good stuff, I won't celebrate staying up nor would I clap those players as the saunter round the pitch one more time

I'm not convinced Bowyer is the man for the job we nobody can be fully but it's fair to say he's definitely earned the right to prove otherwise considering there may be no other valid options

Guest Norbert

I wouldn't like to be a dingle fan full stop. I'd probably find my sisters attractive if I was for starters. I know what you mean though, probably a good away game to just get home and then have a drink with fellow fans.

am i getting my maths wrong here(?), but barnsley can overtake us(can`t they?) with a heavy win against huddersfield, matched with another heavy away defeat for rovers.

Then Hudds would be relegated instead.

I wouldn't like to be a dingle fan full stop. I'd probably find my sisters attractive if I was for starters. I know what you mean though, probably a good away game to just get home and then have a drink with fellow fans.

Maybe they'll all get together and wreck Wolverhampton city centre.

IfWe've been complaining all season (and with good reason!) but must say I feel for the Wolves-supporters right now. Anyone know how their financial situation is?

A Keaning lot better than ours. Wolves fans probably don't think so right now but I'd swap their situation for ours at the drop of a hat.

Happy that the fat lady probably won't get a chance to sing again, sounded like a decent draw today

it was a strange game, with a mixture of very good and very poor play from us in equal measure. a draw was imo a fair outcome. we do at times look a decent side now under bowyer. if he can keep the job and build on things, i think we could be in the mix at the right end of the league next season.

Edited by saxo1man30

We'd have to lose something like 13-0, getting us to less than 21 gd

If one of our previous "managers" had still been here I would have had a sneaky bet on that scoreline doubled up with no shots on target from Rovers, imagine the odds , you could clean out all the illegal bookies in Maharashtra

Edited by perthblue02

Todays starting 11 was definitely a team to build on(minus Nuno and maybe a couple more), our dodgiest area seemed to be ariel defending, they had at least 4 clear opportunities to score from headers(luckily today they missed the target!), all our players seemed well motivated and organised.

Bowyer definitely the man for the job(Unless a very good and well respected experienced manager is brought in)

Edited by T.J.Newton

Everything’s relative but in footballing terms quite an
encouraging end to the season. Can’t remember the last home game where we could
string passes together intelligently; Gomez and Goodwillie coming short; even
back 5 playing triangles. Altogether a much better shape and smarter modus
operandi. Kane struggled with touch at times but is ever willing, King was
really our only player capable of going past people but tires quickly and
pleasing to see that he is trying to get his head up and play it simple but on
a couple of occasions maddened the crowd by overdoing it. Morris was weak first
half but going forward got better. Their goal was a shame really as we had
looked bright and slick at times; a simple knock down and Hanley(Dann?) fell
for the dummy and their lad slotted it nicely. Rhodes equaliser class-totally
aware of where the oncoming keeper was and lofted it into the net. Game
bypassed Gomez and subbed with Pederson who kept it neat and tidy. Goodwillie detractors
might need to take a second look –at least at this level. Really did a job
given that not in his natural position. Williamson and Jones sat nicely in the
shape breaking things up just fine. Each side should have had a pen?

As I say, perhaps expectations are low but to see the side
work hard to press and get the ball back and then keep the ball for more than 2
passes –no hoofball –was a refreshing change.

good team performance today.

Thought Morris, King and Goodwillie played very good.

Rhodes is pure class striker and must stay next season.

would keep Bowyer in charge unless we can get a top class manager like Hughes in. but would be more than happy with Bowyer to remain in charge next season.

also like Bowyer argument with Holloway and giving him grief aswell. Bowyer is passionate about the club and shows his passion on the touchline. always encourging the players and shouting at the players when they out of position or working hard enough.

Completely forgot supposed wonderkid Zaha was playing today he was kept that quiet.

Thought Morris struggled with him first half but he was quiet second. Was that the same guy fouling twice and should therefore have been off? Odd refereeing performance all round and the linesman on the Riverside was very poor. Pitch affected the game quite a bit too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.