BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers v Palace

In that unhinged rant, he conveniently forgets that Rovers could easily have had a penalty when Morris seemed to be taken out in the box and that the Palace right back somehow didn't get a second yellow card when he took out King.

This. The ref evened up the penalty shouts. Definite push for theirs but a definite trip for ours.

Thank you all for pointing out my infallibility! The guy on Radio Rovers was having just as much trouble working it out after the game!

Ah well, I'm even more relaxed now.

I think you mean fallibility! :lol:

There was a caller on Radio Rovers too who couldn't get her head around it. She was banging on about being worried about it being far from certain on the last day. I hope she's feeling very foolish this morning after 'doing a Shebby' on the radio.

Edited by Stuart

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will we get that's better than MGP for £ 40k a week ! Where do you want me to start ?

You need to change your record. Pedersen made a big difference yesterday and still has a contribution to make. There's a whole bunch of players I'd kick out out of the club before him and I hope he stays with us to the end of his career.

NONE of our wingers/wide players can(or even attempt to) cross the ball(which is a bit of a flaw if your going to play out wide)

To be fair both full backs put several crosses in. To defend the wide men what is the point of putting crosses in when you've only got one person to aim for?

In that unhinged rant, he conveniently forgets that Rovers could easily have had a penalty when Morris seemed to be taken out in the box and that the Palace right back somehow didn't get a second yellow card when he took out King.

Cheating is a strong word to use in professional sport and for Holloway to accuse us of "cheating" because of a push in the back is bang out of order. Players push and shove each other all over the place during the course of a match. Bowyer should make a statement defending his players and putting Holloway in his place - good follow-up story for the LET on Monday if they had any nous.

Browsing some of the Palace forums on friday night it did come across as Holloway is non to popular with a lot of their fans. No wonder with some of the crap he comes out with, some people find him entertaining ive always found his interveiws irritating but that's just me. I think he's a decent manager and i would have loved him to come here earlier this season. He was right though it was a push but we'd just been denied a blatant pen when Morris was felled which he no doubt chose to not see.

• Backroom

You need to change your record. Pedersen made a big difference yesterday and still has a contribution to make. There's a whole bunch of players I'd kick out out of the club before him and I hope he stays with us to the end of his career.

Jim....agreeing with Theno?? What black magic is this????

Couldn't agree more jim. We looked far better balanced in the second-half with Pedersen on the pitch. He linked up well with King and Morris on the left and gets through an awful lot of work which goes unnoticed by many. Gary seems to value him as part of the senior squad and hopefully he will be with us next season. As you say, there are any number of players you would be happy to see leave before Pedersen.

Couldn't agree more jim. We looked far better balanced in the second-half with Pedersen on the pitch. He linked up well with King and Morris on the left and gets through an awful lot of work which goes unnoticed by many. Gary seems to value him as part of the senior squad and hopefully he will be with us next season. As you say, there are any number of players you would be happy to see leave before Pedersen.

I've only seen Rovers in the flesh a couple of times over the last three and a half years but from what I've seen along with live TV games MGP remains regularly careless in possession and sloppy with his set pieces. This gives his detractors plenty of ammunition.

What Pedersen did was to allow Morris to get forward with the relative confidence that someone would fill in. This in turn started to cause their right back all sorts of problems. It was a shame that Rovers did not maximise this but seem to stop this avenue after their right back had received his final warning.

I've only seen Rovers in the flesh a couple of times over the last three and a half years but from what I've seen along with live TV games MGP remains regularly careless in possession and sloppy with his set pieces. This gives his detractors plenty of ammunition.

He appears to be careless in possession because Rovers don't move making it difficult to keep possession. Not seen anything to suggest he is more sloppy in his set pieces than any other Rovers player, so why single him out?

He appears to be careless in possession because Rovers don't move making it difficult to keep possession. Not seen anything to suggest he is more sloppy in his set pieces than any other Rovers player, so why single him out?

Well, as I said my opinion is admittedly based on limited opportunity to see him live of late. I don't think I'm singling him out, I've absolutely nothing against him other that I've always thought that he is over rated.

I'm not the only one am I? There are plenty of folk on here moaning post match about his corners and free kicks.

Completely forgot supposed wonderkid Zaha was playing today he was kept that quiet.

You may note TJ that Zaha had a relatively lively first half, often beating Morris or cutting inside on the edge of the penalty area. The HT change that saw Pedersen come on meant that they doubled up and kept him quiet. Morris should donate his Peter Jackson watch to Ped as he provided excellent cover and allowed him to bomb on. Furthermore Pedersen on numerous occasions played it nice and simple, with nicely weighted passes allowing King/Morris the opportunity to cross (albeit poorly).

It's very easy to dismiss Pedersen nowadays but if you watch his work and positional play off the ball, he can still offer a lot to the squad. Shame he is most people's scapegoat, most unfair.

Who will we get that's better than MGP for £ 40k a week ! Where do you want me to start ?

Hence why i said if affordable. He won't necessarily be able to get 40 grand a week anywhere else so he might look realistically at playing for us for less than that next year. If there's a doable deal, I for one have no problem with it. I agree you don't pay someone who isn't going to be a regular starter that amount in the Championship, but you do hang onto players with a bit of experience and pedigree if they can still do a job and you can afford them. Pedersen ran more, put in more passes and worked harder for the team yesterday than most and, despite his faults I think he's a good guy to have around the club. Depends on finances, but if affordable do it.

In effect you've agreed with me on everything I said there gumboots! So..... Keeper dodgy as hell in the air, poor kicker but makes occasional good reaction saves...... You've just described John Butcher! :D

btw How was the Black Bull?

See appropriate thread

Just played that right through Stuart........Mrs. Fife wants to know if you're tired of living and want boring to death?

:lol: I didn't listen to the whole thing! Life's too short. Kudos for managing it though!

The first 30 seconds or so are good though.

Well it's a hell of a lot better than that Irish dross.

the actual Wild rover song is great - it's just that watered down version that is awful. They've turned it into a poppy style song instead of the edgy drunken rant usually sung in folkclubs up and down the country.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.