BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers v Palace

Do you say these things for a reaction?

He's done well under Bowyer as captain and hardly deserves that abuse. Ok he's definitely Championship level but he and Hanley have decent a great partnership.

I'm not sure if you were there yesterday, JAL, but Ewood was bathing in sunshine while fine rain poured down intermittently. Players were regularly slipping all over the place.

I shouldn't worry though, I'm sure he will GTF out of our club in the Summer as the parachute payments run out.

All I keep seeing on the video tape of Rovers games is Scott Dann playing a full part in allowing the opposition to score goals against Rovers.

Something that after two years with his experience he needs to cut out if Blackburn Rovers are to progress.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Backroom

Anyone think that's Gomes last appearance for us?

He got a chance in quite a good position for someone like him to play and his impact was non existent he was really really poor IMO

Hopefully some team in Portugal will pick up his wages

All I keep seeing on the video tape of Rovers games is Scott Dann playing a full part in allowing the opposition to score goals against Rovers.Something that after two years with his experience he needs to cut out if Blackburn Rovers are to progress.

I thought it was Grant Hanley that got done yesterday

Well, as I said my opinion is admittedly based on limited opportunity to see him live of late. I don't think I'm singling him out, I've absolutely nothing against him other that I've always thought that he is over rated.

I'm not the only one am I? There are plenty of folk on here moaning post match about his corners and free kicks.

No, you are not the only one. He's very lax in the way he plays the ball. The reason he gets more stick for set pieces is because he takes more of them than anyone else.

give it a rest

If youre prepared to see regularly a two thirds empty Ewood Park with the club standing no chance of being promoted in the mean time then fine. Edited by JAL

It's taken a whole season but we finally have a central midfield, thanks to Williamson and Jones. I'd forgotten what it's like to have some control of the game for some parts of the game, rather than none ever.

Wonder if Jones will be here next year.

Couldn't agree more jim. We looked far better balanced in the second-half with Pedersen on the pitch. He linked up well with King and Morris on the left and gets through an awful lot of work which goes unnoticed by many. Gary seems to value him as part of the senior squad and hopefully he will be with us next season. As you say, there are any number of players you would be happy to see leave before Pedersen.

We're talking about a guy pulling in £40 k a week and you're telling me we couldn't do better ! He's not on his own, we've got plenty in the same situation. We aren't Jack's team anymore. That's £ 2 million pounds a year. And for what, knocking a few short passes around and taking the odd corner and free kick that we never score from ! Winning headers that go nowhere ? It's no longer sustainable. There are people on this site that need to wise up pretty quickly.

Pedersen is on 24 k a week. was 40 k a week last season but had clause that if we got relegation his wage would drop by 40%

Thank you chaddy. First time you've posted something worthwhile. Tyrone's talking through his ringpiece when it comes to Pedersen.

We're talking about a guy pulling in £40 k a week and you're telling me we couldn't do better ! He's not on his own, we've got plenty in the same situation. We aren't Jack's team anymore. That's £ 2 million pounds a year. And for what, knocking a few short passes around and taking the odd corner and free kick that we never score from ! Winning headers that go nowhere ? It's no longer sustainable. There are people on this site that need to wise up pretty quickly.

Morten still has twelve months on his contract Tyrone. Are Venkys going to pay him up in full? I don't think so. So if Morten decides to stay we are going to be paying him for another twelve months. On Saturday he made a difference. Contracts can't just be discarded because a player falls out of favour with a section of the crowd. If you are paying him you have to find a way of getting the best out of him. Murphy still has twelve months to go, so does Nuno Gomes. The likes of Rochina, Formica, Paulo Jorge, Nuno Henrique, Etuhu, Edinho, and Best all have contracts of varying lengths. We will have to pay these players unless they move. If they decide to stay you either use them or allow them to sit in the stands picking up their money. If they decide to stay we can't afford to replace them anyway. At the end of the day nobody forced the club to give these guys the contracts they did and you can't blame the players for taking what is offered to them.

So what would you do with him if you were in charge?

All I keep seeing on the video tape of Rovers games is Scott Dann playing a full part in allowing the opposition to score goals against Rovers.

Something that after two years with his experience he needs to cut out if Blackburn Rovers are to progress.

Which part did he play in the goal v Palace?

Couldn't agree more jim. We looked far better balanced in the second-half with Pedersen on the pitch. He linked up well with King and Morris on the left and gets through an awful lot of work which goes unnoticed by many. Gary seems to value him as part of the senior squad and hopefully he will be with us next season. As you say, there are any number of players you would be happy to see leave before Pedersen.

I've only seen Rovers in the flesh a couple of times over the last three and a half years but from what I've seen along with live TV games MGP remains regularly careless in possession and sloppy with his set pieces. This gives his detractors plenty of ammunition.

Point proven I'd say Parson.

Edited by thenodrog

Point proven I'd say Parson.

Christ almighty, you're like a @#/? broken record. I'm East Lancs born and bred and saw my first Rovers game in '73. I got my first season ticket aged 14, I've seen plenty of Pederson and I am entitled to my opinion. Well entitled.

I seriously doubt that you address people in real life in the way you do on here.

I would suggest that you put your opinions and points in a more gracious manner that reflects that you understand that other people have opinions that are different from yours and are no less valid for that.

As the saying goes however, you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

OK chris_h... I accept that you have opinions that are different from mine.

............. I'm not conceding on their validity mind. :P

Fair enough.

How about a bit more humour and humility and a bit less sarcasm?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.