SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers v Palace

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no thats was Palace right back that should have been off

Sorry. Didn't mean was it Zaha. Meant was it actually the same player who did both fouls. It obviously was. Ref bottled that one then as we'll as the pen. Yes, they should have had a pen too but that wouldn't have happened if we'd got ours.

Third game I've been to this season and easily the most enjoyable because of the way we tried to play Football. I can accept sometimes we don't have the cutting edge pass, as long as we try and play in the right way, which we did today for the first time I have personally seen in a good while at Ewood.

Morris, Rhodes for his goal, Jones and Williamson impressed me. Thought Kane and Goodwillie put in a good shift in the second half especially down the right hand side.

Hats off to Gary Bowyer.

Did Rhodes and Goodwillie link-up well today? Or was Rhodes mainly isolated?

Goodwillie played on the right winger with Rhodes up front with Gomes just off 1st half.

second half Peds come on for Gmoes and went 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Pdes, Jones and williamson in centre mid and Goodwillie and King wide with Rhodes up front

Third game I've been to this season and easily the most enjoyable because of the way we tried to play Football. I can accept sometimes we don't have the cutting edge pass, as long as we try and play in the right way, which we did today for the first time I have personally seen in a good while at Ewood.

Morris, Rhodes for his goal, Jones and Williamson impressed me. Thought Kane and Goodwillie put in a good shift in the second half especially down the right hand side.

Hats off to Gary Bowyer.

+1

• Moderation Lead

Decent gate at 19,000+?..how many from Palace.

What was thre reaction from the crowd to the lap of dishonour?

Just glad to be in this division...what an achievement :glare:

Think they said about 1k on Radio Rovers from Palace.

Regarding the last bit, frankly, it's a relief given all the goings on...

By the sounds of it we were hard done by with just a point, bowyer had worked miracles.

Wrong. Best game I've seen this season, good flowing football, action at both ends and penalty claims at each end to debate. A good equal contest imo BUT Palace did miss some sitters!

btw I'm no way convinced that our 3rd choice keeper has much to bring to the party.

For my two penneth, up tempo game, we came out fighting, got caught with a sucker puch, faught back well. JR scored a corker, we took the second half. 1-1 fair result, where did they dig the ref up from?

Future....keeper I rate. Kane a definite prospect, but with Chelsea, central defence good if we keep but left back a problem.

Mid a nightmare, jones if we can get him a workhorse, dunny over the hill, Williamson ok, king so frustrates, but he's not ours.

Lowe, work in progress, Peds over the hill.

Jordan is gold, but we won't keep him.

So, end of term report:

Owners: z-

Board: worse

Managers: GB exempted, @#/?

Players: C-

19000 ? my arse.

I don't know. There were quite a few in today - even in the JW. Probably is still inflated but it was the last home game of the season so there will be those people who came along a nosey to see what we were like.

For my two penneth, up tempo game, we came out fighting, got caught with a sucker puch, faught back well. JR scored a corker, we took the second half. 1-1 fair result, where did they dig the ref up from?

Future....keeper I rate. Kane a definite prospect, but with Chelsea, central defence good if we keep but left back a problem.

Mid a nightmare, jones if we can get him a workhorse, dunny over the hill, Williamson ok, king so frustrates, but he's not ours.

Lowe, work in progress, Peds over the hill.

Jordan is gold, but we won't keep him.

So, end of term report:

Owners: z-

Board: worse

Managers: GB exempted, @#/?

Players: C-

King is ours.

I think we made the King transfer permanent in January. He always seems to have a better second half probably because of tiring defences though.

He's a pain. Brilliant one minute with a piece of footwork that will outwit an opponent and the next minute he'll give the ball away cheaply or be nudged off the ball too easily.

To be fair, he is only 21 and he did manage 4 years with United's youngsters so you never know.

I thought it was about 20 k in today. Jack Walker and Riverside look more people on

Was a good crowd today but i was suprised it was 19k plus. Nice to see the ground more like it used to be. Decent atmo 2nd half and a well recieved lap considering all the crap, most saying thanks to Bowyer & Rhodes although most of the players seemed very sheepish. Probably a fair result but could have been better but for the countless times someone got in a good position but lack of 1st touch or woeful final pass cocked it up. Glad it's over ! (almost)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.