BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers v Palace

I groan like the rest of us sometimes, and yes, Peds is past his best, but he had class, and you don't lose it overnight. He has been a brilliant servant and to cast him aside is cruel. There's a lot to be said for loyalty, and although Dunny gets criticized, he has been our best player when the chips were down back end of the season. If only a few others had that commitment?

No problem with Dunn's ability but I have a massive problem with his fake / pretend / fantasy injuries. The mans a bloody hypochondriac. If there is to be a new contract offer for him it needs to be based on minutes on the pitch..... full stop!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem with Dunn's ability but I have a massive problem with his fake / pretend / fantasy injuries. The mans a bloody hypochondriac. If there is to be a new contract offer for him it needs to be based on minutes on the pitch..... full stop!

But hasn't he alluded (not a word he would use, granted) that he was "fit" yet wasn't being picked in the starting 11?

But hasn't he alluded (not a word he would use, granted) that he was "fit" yet wasn't being picked in the starting 11?

Never mind this season.... he's been laking around the treatment rooms for most of his career. Playing through the pain barrier is a concept unknown to him. I admire the lad's skill and ability tremendously but I loathe his attitude.

his introduction to the game at HT tightened up the lh side, contributed largely to the balance of play switching our way and directly coincided with Josh Morris coming to form. Watch closely and you must notice that in general play MGP needs one or two touches on the ball whilst so many others need 2 or 3! Be honest the first 45 mins Josh Morris was bloody awful and up against Zaha he resembled a rabbit caught in car headlights!

Couldn't agree more. Its faintly hilarious the number of posts in this thread that have praised Morris and criticised Pedersen whilst failing or refusing to realise the first was largely dependent on the introduction of the second. I thought we were gonna have to bring Morris off at half time he looked that all over the place. Pedersen comes on and bolsters Morris defensively and King going forward, and you didn't see much of Zaha after that.

This missing stuff through lack of perception or on purpose happens with Pedersen an incredible amount. I've lost count of the number of times I've read with disbelief criticism of him after he played a subtle but important role in a game. His steadying influence after coming on against Huddersfield a few weeks back being the most recent one before this. I'm not sure a lot of fans even realise they're doing it. Its akin to suffering paranoia, if you're constantly looking for suspicious occurrences, you'll start finding them everywhere. Too many fans are looking for Pedersen to fail, have been doing for years.

Too many fans are looking for Pedersen to fail, have been doing for years.

As I think I've commented in the past, left winger syndrome. Some Rovers fans have suffered from this for around 20 years. In a non-footballing sense, so has Jim.

Couldn't agree more. Its faintly hilarious the number of posts in this thread that have praised Morris and criticised Pedersen whilst failing or refusing to realise the first was largely dependent on the introduction of the second. I thought we were gonna have to bring Morris off at half time he looked that all over the place. Pedersen comes on and bolsters Morris defensively and King going forward, and you didn't see much of Zaha after that.

This missing stuff through lack of perception or on purpose happens with Pedersen an incredible amount. I've lost count of the number of times I've read with disbelief criticism of him after he played a subtle but important role in a game. His steadying influence after coming on against Huddersfield a few weeks back being the most recent one before this. I'm not sure a lot of fans even realise they're doing it. Its akin to suffering paranoia, if you're constantly looking for suspicious occurrences, you'll start finding them everywhere. Too many fans are looking for Pedersen to fail, have been doing for years.

You never have to look far.

Sheep syndrome. One leads and the rest follow.

Edited by thenodrog

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.