BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Actually I believe different people dislike Singh for different reasons and whilst I agree that it would appear he had plenty to do with the departure of Kean (for which I am eternally grateful) I just could'nt stand the way he was always in the limelight making a fool of both himself and the club. He was making us a laughing stock with his stupid comments, but it was also unclear if he had any input as to selections ,tactics or transfers and that was unsettling.

Other people I believe obviously did not like Brag and linked (rightly or wrongly) their connection with Singh. Others I believe just link him with the Raos and don't trust him.

One down two to go.

Agreed. I honestly don't have a clue what his role is now that Appleton has brought his own people in and appears to be talking directly to the Indians. In his time so far he has embarrassed the club and added greatly to the laughing stock we had become. And I believe that given the platform he would once again espouse garbage. He has well and truly had his wings clipped.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't talk wet. The man is a liability and shouldn't be anywhere near the club.

Who brought six Portugeezers in? Why? Who brought Berg in and then undermined him? Who goes on the radio and talks rubbish about our club? Who would like to be a manager? Who is in a position of power far beyond his dreams and competence level?

The man is a clown and its even more baffling why he is still here now than it was at the end of December. Now that his role has been marginalised, on the face of things at any rate, and we have a manager doing just that - managing, I'm struggling to see what role the TV pundit is playing and what he is adding to the equation. Has Shebby's SS training top mercifully been retired now that Appleton is being allowed to bring his own back room team in? I bet he's gutted - not his "turn" for the recruitment this time then I presume.

Did he select the new manager? No. Is he assisting the new manager in any way? (No, unless you include not speaking to him and keeping out of his way).

I'm struggling to think of ANY benefit to Blackburn Rovers Football Club for Singh to still be employed there, unless going on the radio and making an arse of himself and sticking his middle finger up at fans is a good thing.

Most of that I agree with. Should he be getting abuse in the street? No, I don't think he should. If that's being wet, fine I'll get some wellies.

Many of our fans seem to have got into the habit of looking for a pantomime villain. I'm glad Singh is out of the spotlight but fans abusing him to get a reaction is only goin to bring him back into it. If we want a normal club back, fans need to be a little more dignified too.

Perhaps it's irritating to have Singh open his mouth and embarrass the fans but I'm often a lot more ashamed by some of our supporters' behaviour.

If his presence keeps tabs on Agnew and Shaw then that's fine too - as long as Venkys are paying him and not Rovers. If it turns out he's on Rovers' payroll then yes, it's time to thanks him for his efforts and let him go.

In support of Stuart, I would agree that to give Singh abuse in the street is wrong. Whilst all is quiet as far as he is concerned and he is doing what he is supposed to do, ie advise venky's on global matters then leave the guy alone. It appears that we are getting a structure in place that marginalises both he and the chuckle brothers and as such, our fans would be best advised to either ignore him or greet him pleasantly just like you would to anyone who is an acquaintance. Anything else could be construed in totally the wrong way.

Don't talk wet. The man is a liability and shouldn't be anywhere near the club.

Who brought six Portugeezers in? Why? Who brought Berg in and then undermined him? Who goes on the radio and talks rubbish about our club? Who would like to be a manager? Who is in a position of power far beyond his dreams and competence level?

The man is a clown and its even more baffling why he is still here now than it was at the end of December. Now that his role has been marginalised, on the face of things at any rate, and we have a manager doing just that - managing, I'm struggling to see what role the TV pundit is playing and what he is adding to the equation. Has Shebby's SS training top mercifully been retired now that Appleton is being allowed to bring his own back room team in? I bet he's gutted - not his "turn" for the recruitment this time then I presume.

Did he select the new manager? No. Is he assisting the new manager in any way? (No, unless you include not speaking to him and keeping out of his way).

I'm struggling to think of ANY benefit to Blackburn Rovers Football Club for Singh to still be employed there, unless going on the radio and making an arse of himself and sticking his middle finger up at fans is a good thing.

Couldn't have put it better myself Bob.

Well said.

My biggest worry at the moment is that we're back in the Kean-like scenario of the manager communicating directly with the Rao's on all footballing matters.

It's not healthy and begs the question what are the duties of Agnew, Shelf and Shebby on a daily basis?

• Backroom
My biggest worry at the moment is that we're back in the Kean-like scenario of the manager communicating directly with the Rao's on all footballing matters.

It's not healthy and begs the question what are the duties of Agnew, Shelf and Shebby on a daily basis?

It's healthy at most clubs. Only cases where it ain't are kean with this lot and anyone under abramovitch really.

Every manager either responds to a board of directors or the owners, surely?

It's healthy at most clubs. Only cases where it ain't are kean with this lot and anyone under abramovitch really.

Every manager either responds to a board of directors or the owners, surely?

In our case, Appleton's not going to say to the owners that he doesn't think he's up to the job - and the owners are who exactly to know otherwise?

That's the worry and it had crossed my mind. While the team are winning it's not a problem.

• Backroom

In our case, Appleton's not going to say to the owners that he doesn't think he's up to the job - and the owners are who exactly to know otherwise?

That's the worry and it had crossed my mind. While the team are winning it's not a problem.

He talks more sense than kean. As long as his actions match that and he doesn't bs about stuff, I don't think we should worry.

He talks more sense than kean. As long as his actions match that and he doesn't bs about stuff, I don't think we should worry.

Whether Appleton is a good guy or otherwise, has nothing to do with LD Rover's point.

• Backroom
But how did he get his direct line to the owners??? Kamy said getting in touch with them was far from easy and appleton and his lawyer managed it???

I worry that if Appleton works out and things go well then the man that brought him to the Roa's table gets to put his feet back under.

I would assume his lawyer acted as his agent as Appleton expressed interest in light of broken promises from Oyston.

He perhaps has a direct line to the owners because he is an employee? I haven't seen any suggestion yet yhat he doesn't have to answer to singh, agnew and shaw. Surely it's better that initally he has direct contact with those who employ him until he gets his feet under the table.

Again I don't really see the issue. Surely a manager was answerable to jack. Then when jw came in, he was the go-between to manage jack's/the trust's budgets.

Currently, it seems that shaw is the budget man, while venkys are the owners. I seem to recall that hughes/sam and jw went to the board as a pair re: release of funds etc? Possibly I'm not remembering properly but I'm sure it was mentioned in one of jw's end-of-season interviews.

But how did he get his direct line to the owners??? Kamy said getting in touch with them was far from easy and appleton and his lawyer managed it???

I worry that if Appleton works out and things go well then the man that brought him to the Roa's table gets to put his feet back under.

My worry too.

To clarify, the worry is that he only appears to be answerable to the Rao's.

Now, given their previous on non-decisions and confusion, should Appleton start to falter who would relieve him of his duties?

As den has rightly said, he's hardly going to admit it himself and walk, Shebby appears to be completely sidelined and the two nobbers look like they've been told to toe the line.

At any normal club there wouldn't be an issue, we're anything but though.

We should thankful Appleton isn't making costly and disruptive monthly round trips to India to talk to the owners, at least not yet.

I would hope that if Appleton falters badly he would have the grace and decency (unlike Kean and Berg) to walk away from the club.

Actually I believe different people dislike Singh for different reasons and whilst I agree that it would appear he had plenty to do with the departure of Kean (for which I am eternally grateful) I just could'nt stand the way he was always in the limelight making a fool of both himself and the club. He was making us a laughing stock with his stupid comments, but it was also unclear if he had any input as to selections ,tactics or transfers and that was unsettling.

Other people I believe obviously did not like Brag and linked (rightly or wrongly) their connection with Singh. Others I believe just link him with the Raos and don't trust him.

One down two to go.

We wouldn't have got Rhodes without him for what it's worth. Kean against him, possibly on the grounds that he might score goals for us. So, for that, and getting rid of Kean/making his position untenable, I too am eternally grateful.

He may be sidelined now but that would only be a good thing if it didn't mean the other two were now in the ascendancy.

I would assume his lawyer acted as his agent as Appleton expressed interest in light of broken promises from Oyston.

He perhaps has a direct line to the owners because he is an employee? I haven't seen any suggestion yet yhat he doesn't have to answer to singh, agnew and shaw. Surely it's better that initally he has direct contact with those who employ him until he gets his feet under the table.

Again I don't really see the issue. Surely a manager was answerable to jack. Then when jw came in, he was the go-between to manage jack's/the trust's budgets.

Currently, it seems that shaw is the budget man, while venkys are the owners. I seem to recall that hughes/sam and jw went to the board as a pair re: release of funds etc? Possibly I'm not remembering properly but I'm sure it was mentioned in one of jw's end-of-season interviews.

I mean prior to his appointment. The Norm is they apply to the club and yet we've been told by the one reporter who's comments I actually trust, he was appointed by the Roa's. Given others have now posted his lawyers affiliation with SEM/Kentaro I'll for now until proven otherwise (and no Appleton telling me it's not true won't wash) favour that. If Appleton had walked out on Blacpool for any other club than ours, people on here would have been questioning his motives, credentials, character and so on. I'm sure that Appleton is far from the first manager to take a job and then have things change on him and yet he walked as quickly as he possibly could. You can say, facilities and club stature all you want but no-one on here would be believing that if he'd gone to say Bolton. It doesn't stack up especially since his appointment comes from Pune.

Appleton had help getting this job and it most definitively wasn't a Lawyer.

The issue is simple with regards direct owner contact, Jack had nothing but Rovers best interests at heart, he loved this club and everyone always knew he would do what he thought best for the club. Would our current owners??? Our owners know as much about football as I know about farming chickens, they are quite clearly not very intelligent, too trusting and generally incompetent. Football is a world of sharks and as opposed to swimming in a cage after being bitten the first time, they yet again think they can swim free with the sharks and it'll be OK this time. The fact they are even willing to go down the same route that resulted in such abject failure last time costing the club millions upon millions of pounds, speaks volumes. This is the real issue, Jack was no fool, he did what had to be done and judged on his own. This lot think you can only win or draw and that relegation isn't possible, you couldn't get me different owners and levels of ability. I can only assume they're still confused and need more time to figure out what to do next.

If I am ever stupid enough to decide to enter into a world I know the square route of Kean all about, the first thing I would do is seek opinions and advice from people who have been successful over time. If in the Roa's situation I would hire the best people I possible could to help me achieve my goals regardless of what randoms told me. If and when a mistake was made I'd do all I could to try and ensure it doesn't occur again. The Roa's have been offered by fans and others advice and meetings from some of the best people in European football and have declined every-time. Why? either they don't want it or quite simply they then ask those already involved and they say no as it will mean the end of them as well. They don't learn and keep making the same mistakes, it doesn't bode well for rovers. So last time having the manager making trips and being my main contact at the club resulted in the impossible happening relegation, so why on earth have they done this again. It's simple just like the Graeae this lot have to share a vital body part, it's just unfortunate on our part that it's a brain and not an eye.

We wouldn't have got Rhodes without him for what it's worth. Kean against him, possibly on the grounds that he might score goals for us. So, for that, and getting rid of Kean/making his position untenable, I too am eternally grateful.

He may be sidelined now but that would only be a good thing if it didn't mean the other two were now in the ascendancy.

Shebby was brought in by the family to do one task - win the fans round. I think the reception they got when they turned up at Ewood proved that he has failed in that regard. By trying to win over a particular section of supporters he has managed to alienate others. His meddling on the football side of things has been nothing short of a disaster. Although I can't say that I'm particuarly happy with any of the main adminstrators I have to say that I would take Shaw over Shebby any day of the week. On a one to one basis Shebby is a thoroughly engaging character but put him in front of a microphone and he changes completely. Perhaps it is his background in TV that leads him to say something even if he has nothing constructive to say.

At least by giving Appleton control of all footballing matters the owners have accepted that the manager needs to have full control of these areas and not a football pundit. With Appleton bringing in his own staff, particularly on the recruitment side it would suggest that Shebby's role is going to be very limited. With time on his hands perhaps he can volunteer to run the walk in centre for a couple of days a week.

from what I understand, SS was parachuted into the club to 1) find out and report back what was REALLY happening at Ewood on a day to day basis and 2) to work with the fans to try and mend the terrible relationship between owners and fans.

It quickly became apparent that SS (whether under the instruction of the owners or under his own steam) took a more 'hands on' role in the running of the club however has now been reigned back in with the appointment of Michael Appleton and the appearance of Derek Shaw, although our Operations Director still seems largely working in the background (some would say shadows).

The best thing that SS can do right now is go back to his original remit and be the eyes and ears of the owners at the club. People say that SS has embarrassed both himself, the fans and the club with his radio 'performances', however the singing of "Shebby Singh you're a w**ker, you're a w**ker" (by sizeable numbers on Saturday and trying to explain that to a 7 year old) along with stories of him being chased from service station car parks, etc hardly covers the fans in glory either...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - backing the players, manager, team does not mean you back SS or the owners however promotion is probably our best hope of getting new (better?) owners into the football club. Lets stop the SS baiting and get back to supporting the team.

:rover:

and the venkys are not exactly covered in glory are they though.

I don't recall ever saying that they have... nobody can say, hand on heart, that their tenure has been nothing short of a disaster. The point I'm trying to make in the conclusion, is that if the fans put as much effort into the supporting the team, as they have being anti-SS/Venkys, there is a decent chance we can help the team/club back on track and maybe achieve promotion next year. Promotion (IMO) is the only way in which I can see the current owners selling the club.

Archived