BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Have you seen these lads play regularly to make this assessment Mani or is it just blind optimism.

I have seen Taylor play four times live and I can safely say that he is better than any of the wingers that we have in terms of quality and work rate.

In terms of Judge I suppose only time will tell but the guy has litterally torn up league 1 so why not give him a chance??

I'm genuinely not saying all is rosey but I'm saying that near enough every successful championship team is filled with so called unknowns who a very very good players!

We, on the other hand nearly got relegated with a team loaded with so called stars in championship terms!!

Not to mention that it is now more important than ever to look at sustainability considering there will be no money next season if we don't go up and the ffp will be in full flow!

Put it this way...I'd rather sign Taylor and Judge with their wages and experience than any more mercenaries on 40k a week looking for final pay days!!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, don't know if anyone's posted this or not, apologies if they have. But anyway, I think this should be high on Bowyer's priority list before someone else comes sniffing. Was outstanding at the end of last season:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10446473.Chelsea_to_decide_whether_Todd_Kane_can_return_to_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=ar

i like the sound of these potential signings, they are realistic and what is required right now. you need a balance of graft and quality, and i feel we have close to enough quality already, we just need the willing workers to compliment them.

*complement

Like who? I honestly can't think of that many creative players we've got. One of our main problems last season was Rhodes having to sing for his supper.

Guest Norbert

Frazer Campbell has been crap every time I've seen him. His goal scoring record is poor, though he did well at Hull and his time at Cardiff. I don't know Cardiff well enough to say whether or not he got lucky, and it was down to Bellamy etc.

So I'd say that Campbell is hit and miss as to whether he'd be any good.

Ebanks-Blake is a nobrainer, scored 15 goals and got relegated. Better than Campbell and a freebee...

Sako and O'Hara would be good signings too from Wolves.

Also like that Albert Adomah chap at Bristol City and Peterborough's Dwight Gayle....

Ebanks-Blake is a nobrainer, scored 15 goals and got relegated. Better than Campbell and a freebee...

Sako and O'Hara would be good signings too from Wolves.

Also like that Albert Adomah chap at Bristol City and Peterborough's Dwight Gayle....

Agree with most of the above..no thanks to Ebanks Blake, Sako is quality and o hara is a decent footballer, both are realistic although Sako might have a good bit of interest...

Nicky Shorey on a free could be alright to slot into left back...

Shorey is a good shout if he's back on normal Championship wages again. He's the kind of solid signing that would replace Olsson and do a similar job. In fact he'd probably contribute more than Olsson did last season.

I used to be a big fan of O'Hara but he's far too injury prone, we've got too many of those as it is. I'd definitely be interested in Sako and Adomah.

I don't think we can justify Ebanks-Blake or Gayle whilst we have so many strikers (Rhodes, Best, Goodwillie, Gomes, Rochina). Gayle is too expensive unless Rhodes or Best leaves and I'm not sure Ebanks-Blake is any better than Goodwillie nowadays.

Shorey i like , Ian Harte is also avalibale on a free , considering we may very well have the likes of Kean Henley Hanley possibly Kane again on loan , our back 5 has a very young look to it , even Dann's only what 25-26? someone like Harte or Shorey could just give the younger lads an older head and an older voice to listen to

Ian Harte turns 36 in August, I'd much rather move for Shorey. Agree with the experience part though, our back five will probably have a youthful look to it so someone like Shorey could be a shrewd move.

I guess it's only relevant if Olsson leaves though. No signs of that happening so far.

Even if olsson doesnt move no harm in gettin him in if his wage demands are reasonable, free up the left wing for Martin and push Markus into the reserves where he belongs...shorey is a tidy more than capable left back who we should defo be looking at..bit of deadwood to be shifted out yet though...

We can't afford to keep signing players and pushing squad members into the reserve team though. I'd agree with replacing Markus with Shorey but Markus would need to leave first.

Although I'm not sure Martin will be left wing next season. We've signed Judge, Taylor and we still have King. I'm not even sure Martin wants to play there as he would lose his place in the national team.

What about a move for Brighton Centre back Adam El-Abd? out of contract at end of June. Replace for Dann if he is sold or wants to leave

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/8744391/Transfer-news-Brighton-s-Adam-El-Abd-chased-by-several-Championship-sides

Evatt has been offered a trial to prove his fitness first before we offer him a contract according to LT. more good management by Bowyer by bringing in players for trial before signing them. Hughes did this with Nelsen, Mokenna and Samba

Also in this morning LT and Sky Sports website is Rovers being linked with Tommy Spurr of Doncaster Rovers. He a left back. replace for Martin Olsson???

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10455188.New_Blackburn_Rovers_boss_Gary_Bowyer_backed_to_make_successful_step_up_from__Parkes__role/

bottom of this article

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/8740618/Doncaster-s-Tommy-Spurr-linked-to-Blackburn-Reading-Derby-Ipswich-Birmingham

Guest Norbert

Aim for the moon and you may reach the stars. :D

BottomOfTheBarrelPromotions.jpg

Who do you expect, when we're p_ssing money every month? The fact is we need to get our books balanced and we can only afford freebies and those with lower wage expectations. So please, inform us all of the brilliant players you think we can get when we're losing £2m a month, have one of the highest wage bills in the division etc.

• Backroom

Aim for the moon and you may reach the stars. :D

BottomOfTheBarrelPromotions.jpg

Isn't it 'aim for the stars and you might reach the moon'? Makes more sense to me :/ IE: Aim high and you may not get there but you'll get somewhere.

Archived