BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Very happy if we sign BB - the exact type of player we should be looking at. He has a great amount of potential and in the right environment he could well flourish and help us push for promotion. Then once his confidence is back he is worth £££; this is what we built our business model around under managers such as Souness, Hughes and Big Sam.

I would also try for Albrighton from Villa too; he has real potential!

So far i am very happy with the signings for the level we are at (mid table Championship) team but hopefully we have been forward thinking and the players we sign have the ability to play at a higher level with confidence and games under their belt. One thing that still REALL REALLY REALLY REALLY annoys me about the K**n era was the fact many if not all of us knew the writing was on the wall for relegation. He should have been scouting League One and the Championship for the best young talent as at that time we were the big fish in the league. Instead he went out and signed some of the worst players i have ever seen at the club. It just proves how awful he was as a manager.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure we've got a good record with wee scottish midfielders called Barry

Kamy on twitter is saying that Bannan has signed and said he is delighted to be at Rovers, Also Andy Bayes is saying DJ is out for two months with ankle ligament damage.

Kamy on twitter is saying that Bannan has signed and said he is delighted to be at Rovers, Also Andy Bayes is saying DJ is out for two months with ankle ligament damage.

What was DJ's injury last season.

he hasn't, he's just re-tweeted someone's attempt at humour. those twitter guys are hilarious!

He hasn't said that at all. He retweeted the youtube video that has been posted in this thread with Bannan saying he's leaving Villa. Why the person he retweeted added the "Barry Brannan "delighted to sign for #Blackburn #Rovers" is anyone's guess, as he obviously hasn't signed yet.

Bit of a blow that DJ is out for 2 months. Don't think we need another striker tho. We have Rhodes, Best, Rochina and King who can all play up there. DJ`s injury may well open up the door for rochina to get more game time which is a positive in my eyes.

This is what a Villa fan on another forum I visit has to say about Bannan.

No. He is @#/?. Sorry. Has a massive attitude problem, drunk driving, had a meltdown on Instagram icon_lol.gif and lambert bombed him off. Hasn't played for us since his pathetic showing against QPR I think. Wasn't picked for the stoke game, for reasons everyone could see, height, slight build, etc..and he had another mental.

Can't take a corner, or a free kick to save his life, tries the "Hollywood" pass far to often and can't do the simple things.

Also he is @#/?.

He hasn't said that at all. He retweeted the youtube video that has been posted in this thread with Bannan saying he's leaving Villa. Why the person he retweeted added the "Barry Brannan "delighted to sign for #Blackburn #Rovers" is anyone's guess, as he obviously hasn't signed yet.

Sorry chaps didn't mean to raise hopes unduly.

here is Bowyer on BBC Radio Lancashire

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1520986

interesting comments about Dann leaving and signing Bannan. think he is trying to keep the Bannan deal secret.

he says we have defo pull out of the Spearing one.

personally I would be very happy with the Bannan Signing if Rovers do sign him. he is very good passing and is a midfielder playmaker we need. good at set pieces aswell and will improve with age aswell. cant believe are unhappy with this signing if he does signed.

Is that pretty much the consensus?

Reading through the Bannan thread on Villatalk doesnt make great reading to be honest. Still got to be an improvement on what we hadlast seseason though.

Reading through the Bannan thread on Villatalk doesnt make great reading to be honest. Still got to be an improvement on what we hadlast seseason though.

That's my thinking too. Imagine if Ipswich fans came on here before they signed Andrews on loan.

Then again, I always thought that Bannan was one of the better young players at Villa so it's a bit concerning that they're so glad to be rid.

What people don't seem to understand is that we are a league below Villa, so what if Bannan isn't good enough for them he is plenty good enough for us. Anyway in my experience the majority of Villa fans seem to think that they are still big European club.

RussP possibly.

ada do you even read what I have said no we are not bound to be disappointed technically brilliant def. not a player to moan about no doubt JAL will find something wrong with this guy passing wise he will be a massive improvement on what we have if we get him I would say our promotion chances would be massively improved a player of his quality will make many wonder why we have been persisting with Lowe so long a creative genius.

Also I can see Kamy's thinking on this if the name gets out would harm our chances of getting him all I will say you will not be disappointed & I hope we get him.

so whats happening then

All the comments below the Birmingham Mail article seem to be ones of raise and good look for Bannan, likening him to players like Scholes etc...

Will be a great signing.

Let's wait the official confirmation first. I see it 50-50 now. No doubt Villa fans are telling truth about Barry's lifestyle but transfer and moving to new environment could be the thing he needs. Can't be worse than Murphy.

Archived