BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

Evans won't be fit for the Derby match anyway.

Has been injured during pre season and should be back to full fitness in a weeks time.

Pleasantly surprised by this signing but why sign Marrow?

Etuhu is leaving us too once fit according to someone reliable on twitter.

apparantly we are paying him off?

I mean seriously how much is that gonna cost us :-/

because of the wages/agent fees.

yes i know the reason i was just being pedantic ignore me :)

i cant help but feel a bit underwhelmed but by sunday kick off im sure that will have gone and we will be behind the boys in red i suppose :P

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evans won't be fit for the Derby match anyway.

Has been injured during pre season and should be back to full fitness in a weeks time.

Pleasantly surprised by this signing but why sign Marrow?

Etuhu is leaving us too once fit according to someone reliable on twitter.

Competition for places. Bowyer seems to want to play two Def Midfielders. We've only got marrow and lowe if Etuhu leaves, williamson seems to struggle with injuries. Evans can play CM or CB. Competetion for places is not something we've had in midfield for quite a while.

apparantly we are paying him off?

I mean seriously how much is that gonna cost us :-/

yes i know the reason i was just being pedantic ignore me :)

i cant help but feel a bit underwhelmed but by sunday kick off im sure that will have gone and we will be behind the boys in red i suppose :P

Oh i see, you were having a moan because Evans will cost the same as Bannan might have done and you'd have preferred Bannan wink.png Maybe Evans isn't a lush and we're trying to keep the hotel min-bar bills down at away games.

Having had time to think about this.

We have signed two central midfield players who were part of a team that finished second in our league last year. One was a first 11 regular, the other would have been had he not got injured in the first half of the season. I think both are better than what we have. They will also know each other well and hopefully this will translate on the pitch... Unlike Murphy and Etuhu

been having a look round some hull forums and i mus say quite a few of them are surprised evans is leaving they thought he had a part to play thisseason.

Crainey they say he has potential but his injury cost him his place and he struggled to regain it after boyd signed n they changed their formation.

Alright lads, Hull City fan in peace hear. Thought I'd give you some insight into Cairney and Evans, who appears to be close to signing for you lot.

Cairney, in my opinion will be a great player for you. He made his debut in the PL and ran rings around the likes of Lampard at the time. However, when we came down, the physicality of the Championship made Cairney much less effective, but after 3 years, he's starting to acclimatise to the league. Last year we played a 352 and that meant Cairney didn't fit in with our system, as he's neither a defensive or box to box center midfielder. He's often accused of being lazy, but he is arguably the best technical player we have. He's very comfortable in possession and will rarely give the ball away, although he is often accused (harshly imo) of passing sideways. He has a great left peg and if he gets into advanced areas, he could be a very dangerous player for you. I hope it goes well for him, as I feel he could be a very good player for us in the future if he buckles down.

As for Evans, he's pretty much the opposite. Very hard working, but limited technical ability. He made some great last ditch tackles covering for the 3 centre backs. He won't dominate the midfield and often goes missing, but overall he is a very tidy player. He's also prone to misplacing passes, which can get frustating at times. However, he's still young and if he continues to improve he will have a great career in the Championship and maybe even the PL.

So has Evans signed yet?

Personally, I'm happy with both. Bannan & Spearing would have been good but potentially both after a pay day & didn't really want to come. 2 young lads from Hull with points to prove.

Spurr a good left back too.

Overall, a good day.

• Backroom

Thanks for your input Tiger

Evans doesn't sound like a player we need as we have plenty of that type but Cairney could be useful

I was excited about last season's summer signings and they turned out to be an absolute waste of space bar Rhodes.

This season it's the opposite, I am underwhelmed by who we've signed so far, hopefully they'll surprise me and turn out to be really good.

I'm pretty pleased with the two signings from Hull. Both good championship players who got promoted last year. Not exciting names but will probably do a very good job for us.

Feels like Bowyer is very much taking the same approach Hull did last year with getting in players who knew how to win games in this league although not very exciting names. It therefore seems apt that we've signed two players from Hull.

On paper, we have a team full of championship players and not exactly exciting names. However, I feel that Bowyer is putting together a decent group who will perform well as a team. The championship is not about having a team full of individuals, it's about having an effective group of players who work well as a team.

Alright lads, Hull City fan in peace hear. Thought I'd give you some insight into Cairney and Evans, who appears to be close to signing for you lot.

Cairney, in my opinion will be a great player for you. He made his debut in the PL and ran rings around the likes of Lampard at the time. However, when we came down, the physicality of the Championship made Cairney much less effective, but after 3 years, he's starting to acclimatise to the league. Last year we played a 352 and that meant Cairney didn't fit in with our system, as he's neither a defensive or box to box center midfielder. He's often accused of being lazy, but he is arguably the best technical player we have. He's very comfortable in possession and will rarely give the ball away, although he is often accused (harshly imo) of passing sideways. He has a great left peg and if he gets into advanced areas, he could be a very dangerous player for you. I hope it goes well for him, as I feel he could be a very good player for us in the future if he buckles down.

As for Evans, he's pretty much the opposite. Very hard working, but limited technical ability. He made some great last ditch tackles covering for the 3 centre backs. He won't dominate the midfield and often goes missing, but overall he is a very tidy player. He's also prone to misplacing passes, which can get frustating at times. However, he's still young and if he continues to improve he will have a great career in the Championship and maybe even the PL.

Good to see Hull fans rate them at least. Good luck to you lot in the Prem this season, can't stand your manager but nothing against your club at all.

Thanks for your input Tiger

Evans doesn't sound like a player we need as we have plenty of that type but Cairney could be useful

He might be better than what we've already got. You may have picked up on it bit i get the sense there's not a lot of love on here for Super Jase and Marrow :rock: .

• Backroom

He might be better than what we've already got. You may have picked up on it bit i get the sense there's not a lot of love on here for Super Jase and Marrow :rock: .

Both can do a job although I feel Lowe isn't suited to midfield, I actually really rate Lee Williamson so I hope he has a role when fit he showed an eye for a pass at times as well

Dicksons time is surely up now as he is a high earner and will most likely be paid off before FPP kicks in

i was told very early on in the summer that we were interested in taking James McLean of Sunderland on loan , nothing came of it but a lot has happened at both clubs since then , IF it is McLean then Nicko would be right because he WOULD be the signing of the summer!!

i was told very early on in the summer that we were interested in taking James McLean of Sunderland on loan , nothing came of it but a lot has happened at both clubs since then , IF it is McLean then Nicko would be right because he WOULD be the signing of the summer!!

yes hes very decent :)

Also, Albrighton

Maybe its Matty Taylor but at 31 i dunno :-/

if its a youngster i hope its Adnan Januzaj

Both can do a job although I feel Lowe isn't suited to midfield, I actually really rate Lee Williamson so I hope he has a role when fit he showed an eye for a pass at times as well

Dicksons time is surely up now as he is a high earner and will most likely be paid off before FPP kicks in

not seen enough of Williamson to comment but it does look like Etuhu is likely on his way. Not sure how much of a pay off he expects though. He's 3 years left on a reported £35K a week contract. I hope to god he doesn't get a £4.5m 'goodbye'.

Spurr will be more than good enough for this level and we really did need a left back. So pleased that's sorted before the start of season

Cairney is a good player very skilful and creative hope if all goes well (which I think it will) it can be extended to the end of the season.

I really hope the Corry Evans rumour is true very good player I particularly remember him putting in a fantastic performance for Northern Ireland against Portugal.

Archived