BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Media Watch -> Bowyer confirmed as Rovers boss

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The least shocking news of all time and rather underwhelming however well deserved and possibly better than it could have been.

All in all we are all behind you so good luck Gary

The least shocking news of all time and rather underwhelming however well deserved and possibly better than it could have been.

All in all we are all behind you so good luck Gary

I'm sick of "shocking news" regarding Rovers and more than happy to be underwhelmed. Gary is one of us and this is a positive (at last!) - Good luck Mr Bowyer.

To be quite honest I'm happier with Bowyer than ANY of the managers that lot have appointed thus far, he's already proved he's not completely incompetent. If he can replicate his caretaker achievements during his full time reign we'll all be very happy, and promoted. But can he.......

i`m very happy with the appointment, a direct link back to our recent successful times under hughes and allardyce and also a link to the acadamy, which i think will become increasingly important to the club in the future.

now he has to be given the TIME, without undue pressure from fans or the boardroom.

I just wonder about this guy's ability in the market. When we hear about players like judge et al, we're at the next stage of our destruction. League 1 beckons.

Will he be signing players or will Shebby be sorting that? I know which answer is far more likely.

Hopefully he will bring promising youngsters through though if they allow him!

W

Will he be signing players or will Shebby be sorting that? I know which answer is far more likely.

Hopefully he will bring promising youngsters through though if they allow him!

Mate, I have seen a lot of the reserves over the last few years and there isn't much there to come through....and to be fair GB hasn't impressed me that much as manager of the reserves....normally we're a bit @#/?. So, it comes down to the transfer market. Is Alan Judge going to get us promoted? Shebby will be sorting that, and that means we are @#/?.

• Backroom

I'm sick of "shocking news" regarding Rovers and more than happy to be underwhelmed. Gary is one of us and this is a positive (at last!) - Good luck Mr Bowyer.

Fully agree and this is much better than a shock like a Peter Taylor etc

Whether he succeeds or fails I'm sure he'll do it with the best intentions and full of integrity

As long as he keeps Shebby and his tracksuit out of the picture the vast majority will be right behind him (until he loses a couple of games at least :P )

I've actually got a good feeling about this. Not felt that with Kean, Berg or Appleton.

We are far from secure still and we have some deadwood on big wages who will be difficult to move on but i'm very curious to see who he signs. I want hard working, young players who can drive us forward. The next generation of Jansen, Duff and Dunn if we get very lucky. Bowyer has a track record of success working with young players - against the young players of other Premier League teams.

Let's hope we can get a little bit of pride back, and dare I say the feelgood factor.

Like it or not if we are in the same position we finished the season in come November time he will be under immense pressure. Thems the breaks

if he`s expected to acheive promotion just like that, then to me that`s asking far too much. he has to be given time to bring in his own players and mold them into promotion contenders. if he can do that in time for next season, then brilliant, but if not then simple progress on last season should be seen as satisfactory.

promotion? who mentioned promotion? I said if we are in the same position we finished this season in......I'm sure you haven't forgotten already?

However I am sure you still realise that promotion is needed for financial armageddon to be averted?

At least when you are constantly underwhelmed there is only one way your expectation can go? Hopefully he defies the odds as we need some cheer

Huge swathes of the fans swallowed Appletons cheap words of hollow tubthumping as well remember ;)

Less smoke blowing up rear ends and keep doing your talking on the pitch Gary.

I'd say from doing "talking on the pitch" we look far better than we did under last few appointments, we are a million miles from the premiership and this appointment is probably the most sensible to stop the rot and finally try to move forwards.

Huge swathes of the fans swallowed Appletons cheap words of hollow tubthumping as well remember ;)

Less smoke blowing up rear ends and keep doing your talking on the pitch Gary.

if it was up to most fans(inc me), appleton wouldn`t have been fired, but that`s gone now, so we move on..

Archived