BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's - The Fall of Blackburn Rovers

Quite so.

Poor Myles. His dad being an agent has really held the lad back. He could get into any team outside the top 6, you know.

The fact he was signed by Kean was a testament to his bravery and no other reason. He wasn't quite brave enough to play him - on account of the rabid Rovers fans - but still. He was definitely here on merit.

*slowly backs away scanning for sharp objects*

Stu don't forget that famous tackle that has yet to be be seen by anyone credible even MGP who confirmed to me at the recent disabled supporters bash says the goals he used to score from corners before youth level are being held by his previous clubs yet that tackle which was unless I'm mistaken on the hong kong tour which was filmed worldwide that tackle is nowhere to be found & the poor chap still can't find a club.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what does that documentry tell us? that there IS NO smoking gun, no illegal acts, no conspiracy - just rank bad mistakes by the venkys, that can be rectified by hopefully better advice and therefore decision making in the future. there is nothing for the fa or anyone else to find, so why not do like me and just hope things get better.

Don't be daft

Rishi won't be sued for what he put in the documentary.

Rishi was on Talksport yesterday in the early hours talking to Mike Graham, only heard last 3-4 mins but he came across very well indeed.

Graham has been one of Rovers fans biggest critics over the Kean protests, but I got the impression that he had more sympathy with our

cause after speaking to Rishi.

Then again knowing Graham I doubt he gives a toss to be honest.

Still at least the Documentary got some publicity on national radio, even if it was 2 in the morning.

Well done Rishi !

Anyway, nailing my colours to the mast, I just don't buy the naivety defence-even if it is a good cover. Individuals have made a mint out of decisions that were never in the interest of Blackburn Rovers.

Fair point Leonard. And I am not completely Venkied, just more half full than you. Marginally. And in support of you and others on here who would say that sometimes negligence, intentional or otherwise, can be classed as criminal and therefore deserve the full weight of opprobrium heaped on them, there is a slightly worrying end line to a seemingly innocuous Derek Shaw interview in the LT today.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10452352.Shaw_vows_to_turn_things_around_at_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=rss

Credit card bond? That smells securitisation to me. Philip and other financial pointy heads may help. But one way Risdale tried to rid Leeds of debt was to lump it off the balance sheet and into a bond. Catastrophe What else is being mortgaged here? Surely not 5,000 season tickets at 250 quid a pop? I don't understand enough about asset backed securities etc but if a massive debt is being dumped, it will still need to be serviced. Hopefully not from property sales in the Ribble Valley.

Credit card bond? That smells securitisation to me. Philip and other financial pointy heads may help. But one way Risdale tried to rid Leeds of debt was to lump it off the balance sheet and into a bond. Catastrophe What else is being mortgaged here? Surely not 5,000 season tickets at 250 quid a pop? I don't understand enough about asset backed securities etc but if a massive debt is being dumped, it will still need to be serviced. Hopefully not from property sales in the Ribble Valley.

Now that seems much more likely. However there are still people - I've met them in real life - who think Venkys are covering the debt out of their own pocket.

We'll see...

Anyway, nailing my colours to the mast, I just don't buy the naivety defence-even if it is a good cover. Individuals have made a mint out of decisions that were never in the interest of Blackburn Rovers.

Fair point Leonard. And I am not completely Venkied, just more half full than you. Marginally. And in support of you and others on here who would say that sometimes negligence, intentional or otherwise, can be classed as criminal and therefore deserve the full weight of opprobrium heaped on them, there is a slightly worrying end line to a seemingly innocuous Derek Shaw interview in the LT today.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10452352.Shaw_vows_to_turn_things_around_at_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=rss

How do folk currently pay for season tickets. Is it a one payment or a staggered direct debit over a season, like some other clubs do.

• Moderation Lead

How do folk currently pay for season tickets. Is it a one payment or a staggered direct debit over a season, like some other clubs do.

Can do either, last time I bought a S/T by DD it was over 8 months, via some sort of credit company iirc.

Thanks for the effort. Nothing was discussed that we didn't know already and it was a visual aid for all that people have discussed on the board. This would be a useful watch for people who still remain ignorant to the whole situation and still jump on the 'fans are to blame, poor Steve Kean' bandwagon. Well done and thanks again.

Quite so.

Poor Myles. His dad being an agent has really held the lad back. He could get into any team outside the top 6, you know.

why is it nobody complained when dalglish and harford had their substandard sons on the pay roll at rovers then? don`t recall anyone asking for the fa to investigate that.. :closedeyes:

edit- one more point, julio santa cruz.

why is it nobody complained when dalglish and harford had their substandard sons on the pay roll at rovers then? don`t recall anyone asking for the fa to investigate that.. :closedeyes:

Maybe some people did, but the Internet was not such a powerful tool then.

It's also interesting to consider what the 3 people you mentioned did for the Rovers compared to Myles' father.

You can't really compare the Cruz situation with Myles surely?

Eh, Dalglish was our manager. Besides, are you really going to compare him to Anderson??

Have you been sniffing drain cleaner?

Paul Dalglish had some credibility as a player: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Dalglish

Paul Harford - I give you that one as a toss signing, although still better than Myles.

Neither of them were described as the new Chris Smalling.

Neither of them were the devil's spawn

Good point there. What a bunch of swines for taking the club for a ride like that. Who cares if they got us promoted, then had us challenging for the title, then won the title. Signing their sons just wasn't on.

I mean it's exactly the same as us signing the son of Jerome Anderson, the agent of Steve Kean who was managing us at the time. That Steve Kean who almost got us relegated then got us relegated and in the process weakened the club by a signficant margin. The same Steve Kean who grinned his way through a press conference saying that exciting times were ahead for the club the day after relegation whilst deciding not to apologize to the fans for his role in the disaster that led to our demise.

Exactly the same. Well done for remembering that, I'm frankly surprised why no one complained about that come to think of it.

On the other hand it's not really a point as much as a dribble from the mouth of a loon licking a window.

Good point there. What a bunch of swines for taking the club for a ride like that. Who cares if they got us promoted, then had us challenging for the title, then won the title. Signing their sons just wasn't on.

I mean it's exactly the same as us signing the son of Jerome Anderson, the agent of Steve Kean who was managing us at the time. That Steve Kean who almost got us relegated then got us relegated and in the process weakened the club by a signficant margin. The same Steve Kean who grinned his way through a press conference saying that exciting times were ahead for the club the day after relegation whilst deciding not to apologize to the fans for his role in the disaster that led to our demise.

Exactly the same. Well done for remembering that, I'm frankly surprised why no one complained about that come to think of it.

On the other hand it's not really a point as much as a dribble from the mouth of a loon licking a window.

+1000

You said what I intended, just far, far more eloquently.

• 4 weeks later...

http://news.stv.tv/tayside/232511-david-goodwillie-and-mark-donaghy-locked-in-400000-legal-row/?

Some interesting stuff on this article....

"Mr Donaghy also claims that, in spite of English Football Association rules, he would have received money from Blackburn Rovers, whether or not anything was written down"

The FA may want to know about that?

http://news.stv.tv/tayside/232511-david-goodwillie-and-mark-donaghy-locked-in-400000-legal-row/?

Some interesting stuff on this article....

"Mr Donaghy also claims that, in spite of English Football Association rules, he would have received money from Blackburn Rovers, whether or not anything was written down"

The FA may want to know about that?

Interesting that it states the FA have rules regarding transfers?, perhaps the guy can base his case on the activities of a certain FA registered and still fully approved Agent who just happened to be part of one of the FA business partners at the time, were anything seemed to be allowed with full FA approval

Archived