BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rubén Rochina

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Questioning the managers selection surely includes wondering why you aren't playing over someone else.

Yeah,and if I was the most talented player at the club, I would be knocking on his door and asking for an explanation,

especially after some of the poor team performances seen lately.

Let's be honest even the games we have'nt lost, we've hardly impressed.

Questioning the managers selection surely includes wondering why you aren't playing over someone else.

Where did he say that? It's coming up to January, his future's uncertain, so he's saying 'watch this space'. The comment isn't comparable to Best's criticism of Bowyer at all.

And surely it is the principle of questioning the manager.

Any manager would tell you they'd expect a top player who's left out to be knocking on their door seeking an explanation.

They'd also tell you they'd be disappointed if the player didn't.

Yeah but some people become offended when they air their grievances on social networking sites.

I personally couldn't care less about that, but am just trying to create a talking point. Why is Rochina doing this understood and empathised with, whilst Best when he did this first was hated by all? Does it depend on the player in question?

Bowyer watches him train every day. If bowyer isn't starting him and he wants to leave because of it, rather than fight for his place then I won't be too gutted.

But hopefully he works hard and stays - it is a long season and he will get his chance

Yeah but some people become offended when they air their grievances on social networking sites.

I personally couldn't care less about that, but am just trying to create a talking point. Why is Rochina doing this understood and empathised with, whilst Best when he did this first was hated by all? Does it depend on the player in question?

You need to compare it with a different player then. Leon Worst's tweets were crass, abusive, and stupid - compounded by being barely literate. Rochina's was cryptic enough to be aimed at those people who care about him.

In principle though I agree and IMO all players under contract should be banned from making any comment about their current contractual status or likely transfer, and they should be fined if they do but you are comparing apples and idiots.

I really don't quite get the clamour to get Rochina back in the side. Apart from a few flashes of ability he has been more of a passenger than match winner (maybe with the exception of Peterborough last season - even then though he gave a goal away). His departure last season was after Appleton didn't pick him and it appears that the same is happening again. He simply isn't suited to the English game. Could anybody seriously see him coming on at QPR last week and yesterday when the game became a real scrap? If he wants to send cryptic messages out about leaving then that speaks volumes about him in my opinion.

I'm not sure Bowyer has written him off yet. I think he still quite fancies him, but its proving difficult to get his match fitness up to speed. The last two matches were not the right opposition for him. QPR would punish any areas we weren't disciplined in and Millwall's fight would have seen him shrink. He might get a look in over the Christmas period.

That said, I guess it all depends on his wages. If the opportunity comes along in January to shift him then the pressure of ffp might be too persuasive. Especially if the likes of Taylor are looking in good nick. Less money for sure and always willing to put in a shift. Ok, not in the same class technically, but probably a better fit for the position we find ourselves in.

He's on £23k a week reports suggest. He's not getting a game. I think a club in our position would therefore be quite happy to take the £5 million we'll receive when we sell him, along with saving over a million pounds a year on wages. £5m was the figure Jerome Anderson told TalkSport we'd get when justifying the £1.65m "the club" paid in Agents fees for him.

Bob, you make me want to weep.

£5m? Is he being bought by a South American agent?

I doubt it. Not unless we buy him twice. We're probably the only club in the world who would attempt to do that, I.e buy our own player. Still anythings possible.

JK: Who's that cracking player over there mate?

RP: he's little billy a player we have on loan.

JK: He's right good that lad, we need players like him at Newcastle, I'll get the transfer sorted asap.

RP: Err but he's on loan from your club Joe?

JK: I knew that, I was just winding you up, I err got to go home.

PS Twitter and another forms of stupid communication should be banned at clubs, they clearly don't have the self-control to use them. Unfortunately Twitter is seen as yet another cash making medium in football. Players tweeting deals, sponsorship info etc are done regularly as do clubs and some are even written into contracts these days.

He must be frustrated but I think Bowyer was right not bringing him on yesterday. Millwall are a very physical side and with the atrocious conditions in the second half which resulted in us going more direct than usual it is not the type of match where you want to bring on Ruben. He needs to be a little patient, I am sure that he will get his chance in the next few games, it is upto him to grab it, just like Marshall and Henley have done over the last 2 games.

Any manager would tell you they'd expect a top player who's left out to be knocking on their door seeking an explanation.

They'd also tell you they'd be disappointed if the player didn't.

It's also an excellent politically correct get out of tricky questions from reporters.

He must be frustrated but I think Bowyer was right not bringing him on yesterday. Millwall are a very physical side and with the atrocious conditions in the second half which resulted in us going more direct than usual it is not the type of match where you want to bring on Ruben. He needs to be a little patient, I am sure that he will get his chance in the next few games, it is upto him to grab it, just like Marshall and Henley have done over the last 2 games.

Correct. Sound common sense Kamy. When the other teams are pressing Rochina is about as much use off the ball as Jordan Rhodes. And no team can afford two players like that in some of the 'muck and nettles' situations that this Division throws up.

btw if he does move for 5m I expect Brunei DPMM to be leading the charge for his services...... so long as we just get 400k of it.

Correct. Sound common sense Kamy. When the other teams are pressing Rochina is about as much use off the ball as Jordan Rhodes. And no team can afford two players like that in some of the 'muck and nettles' situations that this Division throws up.

btw if he does move for 5m I expect Brunei DPMM to be leading the charge for his services...... so long as we just get 400k of it.

I was gong to post similar. What he is worth and what we,and the invisible men get is another matter?.

Archived