BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I commented on twitter longers that Burnley were lucky last night, correctly pointed out to me that you make your own luck

You've got where you are on merit and if you hadn't it wouldn't matter if other clubs slip up

A win tonight and the top 2 are nailed on

Wish I believed that Tom. No question last nights results went for us, I would though say we did win 3 massive games that allowed us to be in a position to benefit.

Still far to many games left to feel sure of anything - maybe I'll accept that we are all but certain of the play offs! Reaction from both teams to Sunday will be interesting to see tonight. Psychologically will we relax after the pressure of the derby and end up losing - will you see a reaction from your team? A loss can sometimes be the spark that is needed as much as a win is.

In the end all the teams have between 33 and 39 points to play for. If you or other similarly positioned teams can string a few wins together anything is possible - and looking at the games you've coming up you must feel you have a decent chance to do that.

even a play-off place and burnley will have exceeded all expectations, trouble is if you fail then it could mean the break-up of your team/manager in the summer, hope burnley do it as it would be nice for a lancs small town club to make it.

Wish I believed that Tom. No question last nights results went for us, I would though say we did win 3 massive games that allowed us to be in a position to benefit.

Still far to many games left to feel sure of anything - maybe I'll accept that we are all but certain of the play offs! Reaction from both teams to Sunday will be interesting to see tonight. Psychologically will we relax after the pressure of the derby and end up losing - will you see a reaction from your team? A loss can sometimes be the spark that is needed as much as a win is.

In the end all the teams have between 33 and 39 points to play for. If you or other similarly positioned teams can string a few wins together anything is possible - and looking at the games you've coming up you must feel you have a decent chance to do that.

I think your posts are commendable Longsider. You could have really put the boot in this week - of all weeks - and you didn't choose to do so.

Funnily enough, you are like a lot of Rovers fans. They may not be the vocal ones, but both the Clarets and the Rovers have fans who do actually wish the best for each other.

I like to see the Lanky sides do well. I prefer to see Rovers do better than all of them, but then, we are Lancastrians, and Northerners, at heart as well.

Good luck in the Prem, I do think you'll get there...and, in return, I hope you do wish that we get rid of Venkys sometime!!!

FourLane it seems I'm less confident of our promotion than half the Rovers fans on here - I guess it's years of the club managing to conspire to disappoint me!

You know my Dads best friend was a massive Rovers fan, we talked a lot about football over the years (my Dad had no interest in football whatsoever!). He is the face of Rovers fans to me, not the slavering, hate filled morons that seem to think they speak for both clubs. For most it is rivalry, it is intense, especially when games come around but no more.

I think when it comes to you lot, and I doubt many of my fellow fans would care to admit this, I think we need each other - Imagine being like a Bolton and having nobody who really gives a stuff about you! I would also frankly rather be in whatever league with you, and indeed PNE et al, than any other. If we go up this time then sure, we'll have all the PL razzmatazz but none of the soul - oh and we'll get hammered every week.

Good luck in the Prem, I do think you'll get there...and, in return, I hope you do wish that we get rid of Venkys sometime!!!

Dyche will be spirited away and they'll get relegated with 100m in their back sack. That is the definition of unrivalled success for town clubs today.

If the Burnley directors have any sense and care about the future of football in this area they'll shove some of that money in their back sacks and chuck the rest at getting Lancashire County FC off the ground as Jack Walker should have done 25 years back. Problem is any such move now will be on their terms not ours. :(

I can see Wigan going up with Leicester and Burnley, they've hit form at a crucial time of the season and it will show going into the playoffs as the other teams above them are starting to drop off a bit.

Burnley and Wigan representing Lancs in the Premiership, sad times.

Dyche will be spirited away and they'll get relegated with 100m in their back sack. That is the definition of unrivalled success for town clubs today.

If the Burnley directors have any sense and care about the future of football in this area they'll shove some of that money in their back sacks and chuck the rest at getting Lancashire County FC off the ground as Jack Walker should have done 25 years back. Problem is any such move now will be on their terms not ours. :(

I could never in a million years imagine the two sets of fans in Ewood Park on Sunday sat in the same terrace, supporting the same team. That Burnley, Blackburn hatred won't go away and if it does it would take generations.

edit: sorry for double post.

I can see Wigan going up with Leicester and Burnley, they've hit form at a crucial time of the season and it will show going into the playoffs as the other teams above them are starting to drop off a bit.

Burnley and Wigan representing Lancs in the Premiership, sad times.

On the contrary, I think it's excellent for Lancashire football and gives our owners something to inspire to. That's assuming of course they know where Lancashire is.

That change was for the benefit of the hard of thinking Wilpshire, who couldn't see past the word United. Presumably due to 'fierce local rivalry'. :wacko:

My thought processes are in very good order thank you. Lancashire United or County or both or whatever plastic hybrid you think of would not work.

Lancashire County FC - are they rivals for Lancashire United FC? I'm looking forward to the derby match already.

Oh tee hee. Very funny. Will you still be having a giggle when you'll only have the choice of Burnley or PNE to support?

Is that a wind up post .. ? Give our owners to inspire to ha ha ha. They are as inspiring as a visit to the clap clinic .

He meant 'aspire' Abbey not 'inspire'. Despite provocation I chose to let it pass.... until you commented on it.

Oh tee hee. Very funny. Will you still be having a giggle when you'll only have the choice of Burnley or PNE to support?

Well, I wouldn't go to watch them (obviously) and I wouldn't watch Lancashire United either. Lancashire County sound good though - perhaps they could play in all white and use cricket bats ?

I see you think you're too good for us, now you're nearly promoted eh Longers !

Btw do you reckon your lot will be spending any of the Prem money on the ground and facilities etc., this time round ?

Not at all but no way I can support the idea with Rovers on the end (despite the fact that Burnley's earliest incarnation was as Burnley Rovers!)

No idea. You might be surprised to hear but they did spend a chunk of the PL money from the last promotion on the ground and especially gawthorpe. Nowhere near enough though. My hope is they'll forget the grand ideas about a new cricket field stand and look to improve what is there - I'd have thought 10 million would be enough to improve the BL and Cricket field considerably. As you know the trouble is you get there and suddenly players want silly money and it nearly all ends up going on wages etc. That said promotion is still a long long way from assured, Ings limped out on Wednesday and we've nothing firm on his condition as yet. One game at a time is the mantra, Leeds saturday on the back of some shocking results - we do have a habit of helping these teams end their shocking runs!

Archived