BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

Agree with Longsider's sentiments, but when you went to school with many Burnley fans, and know plenty of others, you will know the obsession they have with "gate" comparisons with Rovers. Mine was a simple observation that their gate today was terrible.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you realise how sweet it is to ears of Burnley fans that you are reduced to the pointless attendance criticisms?

Did the crowd today stop is winning, again, with another clean sheet? Did our crowds this season stop us getting promoted?

We are a town of around 70000 people, without the PL glory fans we will never get more than 13- 15k averages, that's just how it is.

The dingle at work harped on all week about a full house last and this week .

Got to agree with Longsiders here

We of all people should stay quiet about attendances especially considering the stat I posted yesterday about our 33% drop on average gates from premier league to championship the biggest drop of any team in 10 years

I don't bang about attendees burnley do all the time

The dingle at work harped on all week about a full house last and this week .

I don't bang about attendees burnley do all the time

Same as one at my work, in the same breath damning himself that he bought a ticket for this weekend when he realised they were on telly......

Do you realise how sweet it is to ears of Burnley fans that you are reduced to the pointless attendance criticisms?

Did the crowd today stop is winning, again, with another clean sheet? Did our crowds this season stop us getting promoted?

We are a town of around 70000 people, without the PL glory fans we will never get more than 13- 15k averages, that's just how it is.

Never any mention of the borough of Pendle ( population of 89/90,000). Do they all support Southampton?

So we need to beat Wigan by 4 and hope Brigjton lose then ........

Very unlikely but stranger things have happened.

Rather odd we couldn't buy a win or didn't even look bothered when it mattered and ever since it's been too late we can't stop winning and scoring 3-4 goals a game to boot.

When the Oystons got involved with Bpool the ground was falling down, gates hovered around 2-3k and club was almost bust.

Since that time they've built a new stadium, been in the premiership and are financially sound.

The Oystons have done nothing but good for that club.

Can't imagine the you know who's (or many others) doing something like this:

"Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston paid for 3,000 tickets - at a cost of £60,000 - and handed them out for free to season ticket holders for this game, while Blackpool also had a social media campaign running to 'Turn Wigan Tangerine'."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27084015

Can't imagine the you know who's (or many others) doing something like this:

"Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston paid for 3,000 tickets - at a cost of £60,000 - and handed them out for free to season ticket holders for this game, while Blackpool also had a social media campaign running to 'Turn Wigan Tangerine'."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27084015

I got a free pie at Wolves once, some people are never grateful :-)

No... To pull Wigan back down we need Birmingham to beat them on Tuesday. If that happens then we would still need to beat Wigan by three or less.

AND that depends on Brighton losing at Forest next Saturday.

Oops sorry didn't spot Wigan had an extra game. Difficult game for Brighton at Forest but you'd expect the pie eaters to stuff woeful Brum.

It's as easy for people from Pendle to go Rovers as Burnley - or indeed Manchester or Liverpool really.

For years comparing our achievements to Rovers has been an albatross around our necks, as though we could hope to match a team with Walker and PL millions. We've clawed our way back. Your start position is considerably stronger than our 1987 low point, don't fall into the trap of using whatever we are upto as a barometer the way we did with you!

By the way despite your 35 years of dominance, 2 decades in the top flight etc your average gate is just over 1000 more than ours so not hugely different is it? Honestly it's a pointless debate, our attendance is respectable for a town out size but I don't watch Burnley for the size of the crowd - if that was what bothered me I'd simply travel up the M60 to Old Trafford.

Anyway back to what matters, on the pitch. Hopefully today has shown you we won't be laying down against Reading so your play off dream might just still be on!

The Venkies have done for our gates Longers. Most people know my views but for the ones who don't - I'll never go to Ewood again while they are our owners. I suspect I'm far from being on my own in that respect. I'll make another point clear as well - it's not because they're Indians, I couldn't care less if they came from the dark side of the moon. It's because they're clueless, ten bob chicken chokers whose name shouldn't be even spoken in the same breath as Blackburn Rovers.

Fans are easier to lose than to win back. If people have stopped going because of the owners many might not be as quick to return as you will be if they leave!

I guess it's hard for a lot of your fans who've never known anything other than top flight football but, all things considered, your position isn't that bad. Trust me when you've been a game from league oblivion (and back then it really would have been) then everything else seems not quite so desperate.

Even after your inconsistent season you might still yet get promoted, might not be great but as seasons go it isn't a disaster!

Trust me when you've been a game from league oblivion (and back then it really would have been) then everything else seems not quite so desperate.

You mean like what you did, cough, what happened, to Stanley all those years ago?

Fans are easier to lose than to win back. If people have stopped going because of the owners many might not be as quick to return as you will be if they leave!

I guess it's hard for a lot of your fans who've never known anything other than top flight football but, all things considered, your position isn't that bad. Trust me when you've been a game from league oblivion (and back then it really would have been) then everything else seems not quite so desperate.

Even after your inconsistent season you might still yet get promoted, might not be great but as seasons go it isn't a disaster!

I've seen us playing Rochdale in the league so this thing about only wanting to watch top flight is @#/? for me. It's the feeling that you have absolutely no influence or say in what goes on at the club any more. It's like being In an aeroplane when the crew have bailed out and you're just waiting for the inevitable collision with the ground.

Archived