BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Who do we want to come down? Personally id rather Sunderland didn't because they will be a force I think but they are as good as down

• Moderation Lead

All we can do is focus on our own games, but if we can't win from 3-1 up away from home then when will we win?

Time and again, sitting back and defending deeper and deeper invites pressure and leads to conceding goals. GB doesn't learn.

Sunderland will do well in this league but I wouldn't fear Norwich, West Brom or Fulham

Sunderland will struggle if they go down, they have a lot of out of contract players and have already said that they have to cut the wage bill if they go down. West Brom are always a threat at this level, Fulham would struggle for the same reasons as Sunderland, Norwich would depend on who they appoint as manager. And I also think that Cardiff I would struggle.

Hope is all we've got, Parson.

To be honest Stuart, I'm very encouraged with what I've seen in recent weeks, including today. For me that is something of a novelty as any of my friends would tell you I'm normally the most pessimistic of supporters!

• Backroom

Sunderland will struggle if they go down, they have a lot of out of contract players and have already said that they have to cut the wage bill if they go down. West Brom are always a threat at this level, Fulham would struggle for the same reasons as Sunderland, Norwich would depend on who they appoint as manager. And I also think that Cardiff I would struggle.

Sunderland will be ok In this league in general as they will always pull in the crowds and the funds but you are right it may not be immediate but very well could be

Sunderland, Norwich, Cardiff coming down I think.... all 3 will struggle to make an immediate return.

As for the play-offs

Readings run is terrible - they wont make 6th

Bournemouth & Ipswich play each other so one has to slip up at least - and I don't think either are strong enough to win all 4 games

In my opinion its Brighton's to lose.... IF we can get 4 wins out of 4.... a VERY big IF, then they are the only team that could possibly be our problem I think

Sunderland, Norwich, Cardiff coming down I think.... all 3 will struggle to make an immediate return.

As for the play-offs

Readings run is terrible - they wont make 6th

Bournemouth & Ipswich play each other so one has to slip up at least - and I don't think either are strong enough to win all 4 games

In my opinion its Brighton's to lose.... IF we can get 4 wins out of 4.... a VERY big IF, then they are the only team that could possibly be our problem I think

I think It will be Brighton too, think they have Craig Mackall-Smith just come back after a long injury too.

Rovers have done their chips today I'm afraid, even if we win all 4, which would be unbelievable, we aren't going to make 5 points up on them (4 + GD).

Brighton's next 2 games couldn't be much easier Hudds away, who are in shocking form, and Blackpool home, say no more.

Archived