BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What the hell is happening?

I can't think of everything, I don't know what day it is, or who I'm talking to...

Anyway. Just what is going on? How long has it been now? How many weeks since they made a decision or someone "in power" made a comment that made you (and me) want to punch the wall?

Normally it was every couple of days. A veritable tag team of idiots talking absolute nonsense to all and sundry. Each and everyone of them promoted way beyond their capabilities, there for their own reasons and clearly not for the betterment of Blackburn Rovers.

One has gone. One may well have gone, but you know, ha ha, he's a good friend of the family ha ha, and we may never know officially. The other is called Derek and sells racking.

But take them out of it and its all a bit sensible all of a sudden isn't it? Like BRFC has all of a sudden rediscovered P&L. Yet we have just signed 3 or 4 (maybe 5 by the time I've finished typing this) new players for nowt. All of whom, from reputation, will bring more fighting spirit and more passion to the club than some of last summers signings. Certainly less ego I would hope.

£40m loss apparently. How are those parachute payments looking now guys and girls? I'm not sure what some fans were expecting this summer or next, or the next etc.

When Venkys saw fit to put their trust in a complete novice (Mein Gott, that's generous) called Steve Kean and listen to his Agent, Jerome Anderson, the writing was on the wall from a very early stage. Culminating in the removal of John Williams and the signing of the Agents inept son. We were dead in the water. it was obvious, they were in and sanity was out. They took the p!ss out of us, every one of us, and Venkys watched it all happen - "confused".

So why the change? Why has Agnew, master of puppets, pulling the strings, been allowed to leave? Why has Singh been withdrawn (other than common sense?). Why, for the last 6 or 7 weeks have things been, comparatively, "normal"?

Bowyer is a good guy, a football man. So is McPhillips, So is Short (he watched Rovers away at Leeds last year, presumably just cause he could). I expect Grant is very similar.

Are they actually, wait for it, LISTENING to people with the clubs best interests at heart? Or, as others have alluded to, about to bale? Or, the third option, have they been told to sort it out because the powers that be 'know' what has been going on?

Either way you look at it, this close season has been positive so far (we may well sell Rhodes, and the other er, erm, good players before we're done) but reality has to kick in soon or later. I'm far happier this close season than last. It almost feels like a proper football club at the moment.

Then again, I fully expect Balaji to replace Bowyer and Desai to start at left back vs Derby.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's rather odd Bob. There aren't even any (real) rumours about.

Will Agnew be replaced? Will Singh remain involved? Will Shaw leave at the end of his apparent contract?

Over 2 months since they started a search for a new CEO or Chairman or hairdresser.

It's all a bit too quiet. Maybe we should enjoy it while it lasts.

I can't think of everything, I don't know what day it is, or who I'm talking to...

Anyway. Just what is going on? How long has it been now? How many weeks since they made a decision or someone "in power" made a comment that made you (and me) want to punch the wall?

Normally it was every couple of days. A veritable tag team of idiots talking absolute nonsense to all and sundry. Each and everyone of them promoted way beyond their capabilities, there for their own reasons and clearly not for the betterment of Blackburn Rovers.

One has gone. One may well have gone, but you know, ha ha, he's a good friend of the family ha ha, and we may never know officially. The other is called Derek and sells racking.

But take them out of it and its all a bit sensible all of a sudden isn't it? Like BRFC has all of a sudden rediscovered P&L. Yet we have just signed 3 or 4 (maybe 5 by the time I've finished typing this) new players for nowt. All of whom, from reputation, will bring more fighting spirit and more passion to the club than some of last summers signings. Certainly less ego I would hope.

£40m loss apparently. How are those parachute payments looking now guys and girls? I'm not sure what some fans were expecting this summer or next, or the next etc.

When Venkys saw fit to put their trust in a complete novice (Mein Gott, that's generous) called Steve Kean and listen to his Agent, Jerome Anderson, the writing was on the wall from a very early stage. Culminating in the removal of John Williams and the signing of the Agents inept son. We were dead in the water. it was obvious, they were in and sanity was out. They took the p!ss out of us, every one of us, and Venkys watched it all happen - "confused".

So why the change? Why has Agnew, master of puppets, pulling the strings, been allowed to leave? Why has Singh been withdrawn (other than common sense?). Why, for the last 6 or 7 weeks have things been, comparatively, "normal"?

Bowyer is a good guy, a football man. So is McPhillips, So is Short (he watched Rovers away at Leeds last year, presumably just cause he could). I expect Grant is very similar.

Are they actually, wait for it, LISTENING to people with the clubs best interests at heart? Or, as others have alluded to, about to bale? Or, the third option, have they been told to sort it out because the powers that be 'know' what has been going on?

Either way you look at it, this close season has been positive so far (we may well sell Rhodes, and the other er, erm, good players before we're done) but reality has to kick in soon or later. I'm far happier this close season than last. It almost feels like a proper football club at the moment.

Then again, I fully expect Balaji to replace Bowyer and Desai to start at left back vs Derby.

Yep..touching a very large lump of wood, as well!

Oh how my expectations have fallen. ..now pleasure is merely the absence of pain! On the other hand, how will we know when we have reached the lowest it is going to go?

The frustrating thing is that it would have been relatively simple for them to take over and nurse the club forward..sorry I said I wouldn't..

Singh will remain involved..... but not day to day, and more related to Asia and football development there according to a good source.

Would love to know who the new guy is going to be though. If we can get an experienced Chief, add a couple more good signings then the future looks much better.

• Backroom

Singh will remain involved..... but not day to day, and more related to Asia and football development there according to a good source.

Would love to know who the new guy is going to be though. If we can get an experienced Chief, add a couple more good signings then the future looks much better.

That's what the newspaper article last night pointed to and I could see it being the case

Its the job he had before last summer and he's likely to revert to it

Keep an eye out for Adam Pearson.

Seems to have a habit of getting involved with clubs on 'a sticky wicket'.

Previously, had major shares in Hull and Derby and tried at various points to buy at least two other clubs.

If he comes in, will be with a view to buy, most likely as part of a consortium.

I wonder if Kean will apply for this job as well? He does know the club inside out and had a great rapport with the fans-http://www.shekicks.net/news/view/7860

Too much lip licking to be considered seriously I'd have thought. Plus Myra Anderson as his first signing, I.e. Myles with a syrup on, well, it's hardly Man City is it? All that money sloshing about, they must be gutted. Should have waited Jerome, never mind the Euro millions, it was on a plate me old china.

Oh and Abs, yes they will be. Difference this time, hopefully, and the signs are good to date, are they these guys just may well give a damn - plus they'll be no Shebby interfering. Or other politics. Hopefully. But as Stu pointed out elsewhere, they're due to make a crap decision. In fact this is probably the longest ever in their lives they've been without dropping a massive bollock.

Oreight then mercer mi old cock,

keep an eye out for Sooty, he's been looking for work everywhere since Sue ran away with little cousin Scampy and Mathew has never been the same since Sweep failed to return from his trip to Thailand!(they eat dogs there :unsure: )

It's taken me right out of my comfort zone.

I'm flailing blindly to grasp hold of some morsel of news I can whinge about.

Don't worry Bryan. I'm sure it's coming! Point being, these last few weeks have been as normal as it can probably get short term. Nice of Merse to pull a wrong un out though.

Anyway, I've backed Ridsdale and bought the breadknife an R8 on the back of it. Tomorrow I said. Always tomorrow she says. Always tomorrow.

Guest Norbert

So Mercerman has 'revealed' one part of his New Owners theory, So Pearson would be the man on the ground, but who would be the financial muscle?

Don't worry Bryan. I'm sure it's coming! Point being, these last few weeks have been as normal as it can probably get short term. Nice of Merse to pull a wrong un out though.

Anyway, I've backed Ridsdale and bought the breadknife an R8 on the back of it. Tomorrow I said. Always tomorrow she says. Always tomorrow.

Bloody hell, I'd forgotten Ridsdale. Preston link as well.

Loads of experience I suppose.

Guest Norbert

Is that your impression of an internet frog Mercerman?

(And yes, I do wonder what the original post was).

Anyway, if we were talking of a choice of Ridsdale and Pearson being the new chief exec or whatever, 99% of us would want the latter. Leeds, Cardiff and Plymouth didn't work out well.

Edit

go on, what was it?(I could do with a giggle :P )

and it will give you another story to talk about over breakfast-

Merce- "so I told him to *expletive* off, hahaha"

mrs.merce- "what are you like"

Merce thinking- "hhmm should I tell her I deleted it before anybody seen it? naaaaa!'

Merce- "Oatibix! whatever next, have a good day hun"

Archived