BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Looking Back

With me having the 'honour' of asking you if you were there to meet some men you've met over the internet! The others were too much of cowards to risk being slapped and/or arrested.

Reminds me of the time arranged to meet Ricky in the pub - he said I'll with a blonde girl. gave up after some strange looks after asking a couple of blondes as you with Ricky

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Waggy is now a regular poster on the Rovers facebook page,. I think we may have given him a perma-ban for wasting waaay to much of mines and Ste's time trying to convince us he was a Venky's employee.

... we should probably forgive him for that :)

Hmmm. Nah, forgiveness is overrated.

She was just a glory hunter. Latched on to us when Dalglish came, disappeared when the going got tough.

So have I and thousands more.

Jan was very knowledgeable and a good poster. Like her or hate her the mboard is poorer without her contributions.

Referring to Abbey's opening to this thread, I only go back to when the Pune Crew went to India.

I got a call from a long standing mate, through school and Rovers, who was in Pune, independently invited with his business partner, aside from the 'Pune 9'.

A story had appeared in the Sunday People during their visit which effectively blew their cover so to speak. Not that it was covert in the first place by the way and has been well documented since.

However, as a consequence of the story I was asked as a favour if I could try to stem the tide of negativity towards them on the Internet. Why the hell was there negativity?

I'd never previously been on a forum or Rovers website before so didn't know where to start to be honest. I also didn't and still don't do any social networking sites such as Facebook. I started on Roversmad because it was the first one I came across at the time and ultimately found my way onto BRFCS. At the time I do recall that Bobby Saxtonman was a prominent poster on Roversmad.

So, I guess I'm a relative newcomer to this site but still proud to have been a Rover for almost 50 years.

For all we've had to endure, at the end of the day, We Are The Rovers!

Ferkit

And if you arranged to meet me now I'd also be with a blonde girl lol, different blonde girl to back then though :)

And I have a blond girl too

Jan was very knowledgeable and a good poster. Like her or hate her the mboard is poorer without her contributions.

Just what this board needs. a blonde thread to lift the quality

:D

Agree entirely Theno.

I think it was about 1998/9 Jan came to Australia to do a due diligence for her company. She took time out from her journey to Melbourne to stopover in Sydney to meet me.

A terrific person, no airs or graces. She was the person she was on the web.

I too, miss her presence on here

WHAT DOES THE "S" STAND FOR NOW? SNOBBERY?

Its a forum for anyone and all this snobbery is pathetic.

presumably you will be able to have the banter with everyone because you have world cup status, whereas I only have champions league status so won't be able to mingle with the hobnobs of the world cup, even though I have been around from the early days.

Not sure how long to be precise as admin don't know either!

USAblue probably has a good idea of how long but don't see him around much these days

• Backroom

To add to the 'missing posters' list... I haven't seen Mattyblue post in a while. His opinions always seemed very close to my own, and seemed a decent fella. Is a shame he's stopped posting (or at least I don't remember seeing a post from him in a while!).

To add to the 'missing posters' list... I haven't seen Mattyblue post in a while. His opinions always seemed very close to my own, and seemed a decent fella. Is a shame he's stopped posting (or at least I don't remember seeing a post from him in a while!).

I've posted similar - although doesn't always agree with me.

I think he still reads the boards though.

And there imo is the rub Glen. Whilst in no way criticising anyone's contribution to the running of this board you must recall that I told you years ago by pm that there are too many sympathisers with left wing tendencies employed in moderation and admin. At times it was open season on anybody to the right of centre who dared to stick his head over the parapet and post alternative views to the cushty biased liberal cabal on here. Hence the disappearence of quality intellects like Blue Phil and Chris (AESF). I guess they'd suffered enough sh1t directed their way to last a lifetime. I've a feeling that Rebelmswar has disappeared for similar reasons and possibly Tris too. Unfortunately intellects like theirs are few and far between.

Ha, ha, ha. Not the old reds under our beds again.

Manchester blue is another

just been drinking with him in chester.

I've posted similar - although doesn't always agree with me.

I think he still reads the boards though.

he does. . I sit just behind him in the bbe

I came here about 12 years ago when I was in school in an I.t class.

Met many people off here, most are very nice people. Been plenty of away games and europe with these people.

Also met people through various football games/ tournaments.

I joined in 1995 or 1996. I was the first person, after Lee Grooby, in the chat room! I don't post much any more because I don't go any more. I loathe the Venkys with a poison. I stopped going just after Kean got made up. I knew exactly from the day he was what would happen. For those who wanted Big Sam gone i say- Karma's a bitch, isn't it? personally, I sat too near the home dugout for safety as i would have taken a very large knife to use on Kean had I kept going.

I still watch for our results, but have fallen out of love with football, mainly due to the comparison with the events i attended at the Olympics and Paralympics which were wonderful. Not a multi-millionaire rolling around on the ground in sight.

I will go back when the Venkys go, if I haven't been soured too much by then. Maybe if they come out and say that they've been stupid, have taken bad advice, will sit back and let football people manage the club and never attend again, I might go back while they're still there.

We are a perfect example of why overseas owners are disastrous.

I joined in 1995 or 1996. I was the first person, after Lee Grooby, in the chat room! I don't post much any more because I don't go any more. I loathe the Venkys with a poison. I stopped going just after Kean got made up. I knew exactly from the day he was what would happen. For those who wanted Big Sam gone i say- Karma's a bitch, isn't it? personally, I sat too near the home dugout for safety as i would have taken a very large knife to use on Kean had I kept going.

I still watch for our results, but have fallen out of love with football, mainly due to the comparison with the events i attended at the Olympics and Paralympics which were wonderful. Not a multi-millionaire rolling around on the ground in sight.

I will go back when the Venkys go, if I haven't been soured too much by then. Maybe if they come out and say that they've been stupid, have taken bad advice, will sit back and let football people manage the club and never attend again, I might go back while they're still there.

My take on it as well Jan. Venkies have wrecked my life long relationship with the club and the game.

I think this account is only maybe 10 years old, but I remember posting here during the Hodgson days as well. Can't remember how I found the site though, probably through a search engine (Which would've been AltaVista back in those days).

Archived