BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> RFS - New shirt Sponsor

• Backroom

So we have a new shirt sponsor in RFS

So we have a new shirt sponsor in RFS

Seems odd that its announced the day after shirts went on sale, they sponsored the riverside last season

Anyone who has already bought a shirt can get the logo printed on next week

View full article

I'm gonna say something financial solutions, so a loan company then...

looks good though, no ugly borders/boxes etc.

edit. ok it appears they already sponsor the Riverside as of 2012, Regulatory Financial Solutions.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/rovers-secure-stand-sponsor-501451.aspx

Also great website... :blink:

http://www.rfsgroup.org/

...looks like another ten bob operation.

Edited by Clitherover

Guest Norbert

Funny how the comany doesn't really have a website as yet, just a countdown. I do wonder if it is a new company with capital that is starting, or they already exist and have just spent time really overhauling the website to make it super sexy.

Edit: Just for those interested, I've found some people who run this company:

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/shanejtibbitts

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/john-turner/15/45b/603

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/janet-mcglaughlin/56/81b/263?trk=pub-pbmap

Seems like a real company to me. Perhaps they are also helping with the advice about the fair play rules etc. as well.

Edited by Norbert

Funny how the comany doesn't really have a website as yet, just a countdown. I do wonder if it is a new company with capital that is starting, or they already exist and have just spent time really overhauling the website to make it super sexy.

They started up in 2005 and sponsored the Riverside stand last season.

Edited by Gumbi

They definitely exist I checked out their website when they announced the sponsorship of the Riverside.

Mind you, I find all the mushy 'local lad standing on the Ewood terraces' lines a bit far fetched.

Will there still be that option now?

This should have been announced before the shirts were revealed. So, I'm thinking we'll have a week or two before 'Venky Time' kicks in.

Cart before the horse, as usual.

I like the look of it.

Not keen on shirts without sponsors. Just looks incomplete and amateurish.

Am guessing you are under 35? Anyone older would remember the time before the necessary evil of shirt sponsorship came into being and the defilement of the shirt.I shudder at the thought of gambling companies, beer salesmen and the @#/? perspex posse tagging their name onto the Rovers shirt to sell a few more units. My favourite shirt of recent years was the Princes Trust one and the one with no sponsor's logo on at all, the year after. I really dislike having to prostitute our lovely shirt out to this consumerist bullshit. Could be worse, at least we've not got 'Ribble Valley @#/? Shelving' on it.

Am guessing you are under 35? Anyone older would remember the time before the necessary evil of shirt sponsorship came into being and the defilement of the shirt.I shudder at the thought of gambling companies, beer salesmen and the @#/? perspex posse tagging their name onto the Rovers shirt to sell a few more units. My favourite shirt of recent years was the Princes Trust one and the one with no sponsor's logo on at all, the year after. I really dislike having to prostitute our lovely shirt out to this consumerist bullshit. Could be worse, at least we've not got 'Ribble Valley @#/? Shelving' on it.

Can understand your sentiments, bit I happen to think the lighter blue, Perspex/Ribero kit is pretty special. It's on my mood board right now.

You're bang on the money with the Prince's Trust kit. Easily my favourite kit.

How much are 'Right feckin Snide's' paying for the privilege of defacing our great shirt.

I too am intrigued to know what figure we got after all the "we won't devalue the brand by accepting a too low a figure" stuff when they couldn't get a sponsor.

So glad I got a sponsorless shirt last year that will last me for the rest of my life and never go out of date

SNAP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.