BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Guest Norbert

The BCCI are even more powerful than I imagined.

I'm no gardener or groundsman, but is it possible to produce a green, bouncy wicket in this dry hot weather? I can't see how else Finn could do a job on a slowish, tame wicket like the one Trent Bridge had.

This is directed at me.

I'm a "traitor", am I?

Wasn't directed at anyone in particular but if the cap fits ........................

I'm no gardener or groundsman, but is it possible to produce a green, bouncy wicket in this dry hot weather? I can't see how else Finn could do a job on a slowish, tame wicket like the one Trent Bridge had.

Pitches like Trent Bridge requires patience and skill by bowlers and batsmen. Anderson and Bell showed how it should be done. Finn needs to learn to turn down the pace and bowl line and length.

I suspect you will see a similar pitch at Lords (though with the slope there is more bounce). The decent weather has played a part but they have also asked the pitches to be prepared that way. The England setup know they are better at reverse swing than the Aussies and that their spinner is better so they have produced dry abrasive pitches.

This the same guy who took 17 wickets in 3 tests at 26.82 in India?

Yes and it is also the same Panesar who has just 16 wickets in 9 Championship games of cricket with at an average of just over 46 run and a strike rate of over 102 and he was also dropped by Sussex last month. Also in his last series for England he took 5 wickets at an average of 70 runs against New Zealand.

So England are the first team in cricket to ever show any hypocrisy? No are they heck, every team has at some point or other. SUCH AS? I'M INTRIGUED.

I don't know where your bitterness against England has come from considering you're English but its pretty contemptible attitude in my book. Very similar to all the Man U gloryhunters who live in Blackburn and have nothing but bad things to say about Rovers. I'm not having a go at your culture or you supporting India by the way, I'm having a go at the fact that you're English and for some reason you hate England instead of them being your second team. Have a read of that:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23060582

I don't like the England cricket team, is it really that hard to get your head around? I don't hate England, I just hate their cricket team. I'm fine with the national football team, in fact I'm planning my trip to the next world cup. I hate the arrogance, the cheating, the hypocrisy and the attitude. That is why I don't support them.

I don't like the England cricket team, is it really that hard to get your head around? I don't hate England, I just hate their cricket team. I'm fine with the national football team, in fact I'm planning my trip to the next world cup. I hate the arrogance, the cheating, the hypocrisy and the attitude. That is why I don't support them.

Do you feel better for getting that off your chest?

Weird reasons, as you could level all of those more easily at the football side.

The England cricket team are paragons of virtue compared to the footballers. In fact, "arrogant, hypocrisy and cheating" describes perfectly more than a few players.

By the way, message understood that you don't like the England cricket team - now clear off and let those who love cricket discuss the Ashes series.

Edited by jim mk2

I don't like the England cricket team, is it really that hard to get your head around? I don't hate England, I just hate their cricket team..

Ah.... now I think I'm beginning to understand.

Edited by thenodrog

You've just the best three reasons to support them. I had no time for Stuart "P-p-poker face p-p-poker face" Broad before this tournament, but now he's got a special place in my heart along with Beefy and Steve Grievance Bodily Harmison.

• Like 1

What's the point in this? Are you going to attempt to convince him to like the England cricket team? Why do you care so much what he does and doesn't like?

Because if he's going to post nonsensical rubbish like "the line belongs to the batsman", call Broad a shameful cheat and then start bigging up India in an Ashes thread, then its interesting to know the reason this factually incorrect and massively biased opinion. Certainly no point in discussing the opinion itself.