BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Come on jim, Blue n White Rover is already making it hard enough to inject a bit of positivity into this thread! We've lost 1 wicket for the last 175 runs. Take your point about the track but there was rarely a score above 400 in the 2005 Ashes, arguably England's greatest cricketing achievement. With 2 good bowling attacks I can see 350-400 being a decent total.

I'm fed up of England's batsmen underperforming. This is a 450 wicket no doubt but again we'll struggle to get anywhere near because of another poor start. We cannot keep depending on the bowlers to get us out of trouble.

• Like 1

Guest Norbert

That is very true jim. However, I am just enjoying the news there has been a recovery. Too many of our team have got complaicent when it comes to batting. They should be reminded that they have to keep their place. Even KP, though he hasn't had too much batting due to that injury.

A part time bowler ripping through this fragile England middle order. All the talk prior to the game was about Finn. It's the batsmen they should have focused on.

Brilliant from Michael Clarke too. Inspired bowling changes all throughout the day. That's why, along with MS Dhoni, He is the best captain in the world.

You would not see such bravery/tactical changes from Cook.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

A part time bowler ripping through this fragile England middle order. All the talk prior to the game was about Finn. It's the batsmen they should have focused on.

Brilliant from Michael Clarke too. Inspired bowling changes all throughout the day. That's why, along with MS Dhoni, He is the best captain in the world.

Edit Edited by K-Hod

Very true England's negativity and Cook's negativity shown by sending in a night watchman for the number 9.

Clarke has lost 6 Test in a row.

Next.

Rubbish batting by England, at least 130 short of a decent total.

Four in a row actually.

Edited by somersetrover

I can give you an example Tendulkar walking in a World Cup - The only trophy that eluded him in his glittering career (up until recently) - and he still walked.

Anyway, let's move on, my opinion on Broad isn't going to change, he is a cheat in my eyes and forever will be.

Just read Mike's post so you are on ignore.

Edited by Al

I can give you an example Tendulkar walking in a World Cup - The only trophy that eluded him in his glittering career (up until recently) - and he still walked.

Anyway, let's move on, my opinion on Broad isn't going to change, he is a cheat in my eyes and forever will be.

So how come is it cheating? He did not deliberately set out to deceive anyone. He simply stood still till told by the umpire whether to go or not. What next? goalkeepers admitting the ball may have actually crossed the line? Players asking for a booking when they foul someone, even if the ref and linesmen don't see it? Why should cricket be any different? If you deliberately seek to gain an advantage by pulling the wool over someone's eyes that's one thing but for a professional to stand still and wait (I'm presuming if the umpire had given him out, he'd have gone without a complaint) till the umpire who is in control of the match says "Out!" is surely the norm in most sports. Yes, we might all wish it were different, but it isn't and to hate someone and call them in the way you have called Broad says far more about you than it does about him.

Guest Norbert

We need to get our players in the nets and teach them how to bat. Prior is on a downward slope, Cook would have been dropped if he wasn't the captain, as his form stinks, Root probably is not an opener, and our middle order collapses around Bell again. Time for the dingle to bail us out again.

Making life difficult for ourselves, giving our wickets away. It looks like some of the players are still in the limited overs form at present. They need to realise they have 5 days.

Good recovery from Bell (and the lucky Bairstow), the first hour with the new ball is vital to both sides, if the Aussies get 3 cheap wickets they are in the hunt, if England add 50-60 more it will be very difficult for Aus.

I'm fed up of England's batsmen underperforming. This is a 450 wicket no doubt but again we'll struggle to get anywhere near because of another poor start. We cannot keep depending on the bowlers to get us out of trouble.

Who told you that the wicket is a a 450 one? Whatever if that is the case and if your opinion is valid then it's a draw before the match starts. So whats the point of it all?

So how come is it cheating? He did not deliberately set out to deceive anyone. He simply stood still till told by the umpire whether to go or not. What next? goalkeepers admitting the ball may have actually crossed the line? Players asking for a booking when they foul someone, even if the ref and linesmen don't see it? Why should cricket be any different? If you deliberately seek to gain an advantage by pulling the wool over someone's eyes that's one thing but for a professional to stand still and wait (I'm presuming if the umpire had given him out, he'd have gone without a complaint) till the umpire who is in control of the match says "Out!" is surely the norm in most sports. Yes, we might all wish it were different, but it isn't and to hate someone and call them in the way you have called Broad says far more about you than it does about him.

Have a look at what Swann, his fellow teammate, berrated the Sri Lankan lad for not walking and says nothing when his own teammate does it. Double standards and hypocritical!

I can't believe the amount of people advocating cheating on this MB. That says a lot about you than it does about me.

To paraphrase Joe Royle gumboots ....... Don't feed the goat.

Have a look at what Swann, his fellow teammate, berrated the Sri Lankan lad for not walking and says nothing when his own teammate does it. Double standards and hypocritical!

I can't believe the amount of people advocating cheating on this MB. That says a lot about you than it does about me.

Nobody's advocating cheating - just playing to the rules which nowhere state you have to walk. And we're all hypocrites to some extent. Fact of life.

Who told you that the wicket is a a 450 one? Whatever if that is the case and if your opinion is valid then it's a draw before the match starts. So whats the point of it all?

From that statement it's obvious that (like politics) you know nothing about cricket. Please stick to your areas of expertise .....ie, racism, tax avoidance.

Nobody's advocating cheating - just playing to the rules which nowhere state you have to walk. And we're all hypocrites to some extent. Fact of life.

Just ignore him. He is on a wind up.

• Like 1

Don't want to dwell on the Broad thing again really, but I think because it was such an obvious decision, it makes a ridicule of the game for him to stand there waiting to be given out. I've seen players stand their ground for less obvious wickets and rightly so, as there might of been the slightest knick (such as Haddin) or not sure if the ball carried for a catch etc.

Anyway, today was an enthrawling game. England on the ropes, then fight back, then lose a few wickets at the end to slightly favour Australia. Great stuff.

• Like 1

From that statement it's obvious that (like politics) you know nothing about cricket.

Quite right, I don't. I did enjoy playing cricket occasionally but never watching it. Life is just too short to watch test matches. Everytime I try to get interested I nod off. Unless the play is exceptional then 30 min highlights are about the most I can manage without doing so. Motor racing on TV has the same effect too.