BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

But you don't discuss things, you just rile people deliberately.

I haven't riled anyone. I put my point across about Broad's latest interview. Do look at the replies thereafter and tell me if the rest are discussing or having a personal go at me.

Maybe if the rest did actually discuss the situation then we could have a proper discussion as opposed to the insults being thrown around.

Maybe we could have a discussion if you stopped using words like " cheating scum". Broad is right or wrong depending on your point of view but he isn't "scum". Tone down the language and have a rational discussion and you might get a better response. If you can't do that then clear off.

Maybe we could have a discussion if you stopped using words like " cheating scum". Broad is right or wrong depending on your point of view but he isn't "scum". Tone down the language and have a rational discussion and you might get a better response. If you can't do that then clear off.

I try to have a rational discussion on here Jim, but unfortunately you're the only one who has a valid point to put across. If you're asking me, the likes of SKH have added nothing to the whole thread, instead just attack every post I make.

Once again, I'll ask the question, are the England fans happy with Broad's decision not to walk? Additionally, are the England fans happy with the fact that he is giving interviews to the national media and not advocating his actions?

Completely against the sportsmanship of the game. Cricket isn't meant to be played like this and certainly his actions are ridiculous off the field. If you have cheated, just hold your hands up and admit you made a mistake or alternatively, be quiet about it and let the fuss die down.

• Backroom

I'm not a cricket fan apart from the Ashes series. But I would like to know why 'not walking' in cricket is cheating, but 'playing to the whistle' in football is good play.

Is there really a difference? I see both as just 'waiting for the official decision', unless I'm missing something (I apologise if I am, btw).

I try to have a rational discussion on here Jim, but unfortunately you're the only one who has a valid point to put across. If you're asking me, the likes of SKH have added nothing to the whole thread, instead just attack every post I make.

Once again, I'll ask the question, are the England fans happy with Broad's decision not to walk? Additionally, are the England fans happy with the fact that he is giving interviews to the national media and not advocating his actions?

Completely against the sportsmanship of the game. Cricket isn't meant to be played like this and certainly his actions are ridiculous off the field. If you have cheated, just hold your hands up and admit you made a mistake or alternatively, be quiet about it and let the fuss die down.

All professional batsmen "cheat" and stand their ground. The Broad incident has been and gone. No one's interested anymore. Now let it drop or go away.

Absolute rubbish, you do anything but try to have a rational discussion. This stopped being a rational discussion months ago about 3 posts into this argument when a few people quite rightly pointed out batsmen of every country don't walk, and cited numerous examples of Indian players not walking. Your response was to totally ignore that valid and decisive point that should have ended the discussion there and then.

So its not a discussion at all, and I haven't bothered treating it as one since. Its your tunnel-vision, one-sided bitter crusade that consists of constant wind-ups with the occasional retreat back to claiming your trying to have a discussion when pressured.

Absolute rubbish, you do anything but try to have a rational discussion. This stopped being a rational discussion months ago about 3 posts into this argument when a few people quite rightly pointed out batsmen of every country don't walk, and cited numerous examples of Indian players not walking. Your response was to totally ignore that valid and decisive point that should have ended the discussion there and then.

So its not a discussion at all, and I haven't bothered treating it as one since. Its your tunnel-vision, one-sided bitter crusade that consists of constant wind-ups with the occasional retreat back to claiming your trying to have a discussion when pressured.

I have pointed out before that those Indian batsmen that did not walk have not gone to the press bragging about it like Broad has nor have the batsmen's teammates criticised others for not walking and then later on back their own player for walking (Swann). That is what has riled me because he has blatantly cheated and then to add insult to injury, he's out giving interviews about it and in a way he's proud that he cheated.

No dignity and if that was an Indian player I'd expect him to apologise and dropped for 1 game to ensure he understands what he has done wrong.

Moving on from BWR's obsession with Stuart Broad.. Michael Clarke returns to first class cricket today with NSW. George Bailey is tipped to be picked for the first Test.

Bailey has been fantastic in the ODI's against us. I believe his form prior to the series was great too. Not seen much of him in Test matches. Good enough?

I find it bizarre sometimes how players can be great at ODI's but useless in Test matches. I'd put Ravi Bopara and even Suresh Raina in the same category. Both very good in ODI's but not really set the world alight in the Test format of the game.

Dear oh dear. Dreadful start to the Ashes your today. No wonder this thread hasn't moved. The England fans hiding after a dismal performance yesterday and the Aussies hiding after the mailing we gave them.

Surely the likes of Finn, Rankin and Tremlett will be nowhere near the squad come the first Ashes test?

Yes because wanting to know whether Finn, Tremlett or Rankin will be part of the Test squad come the 1st Ashes test, is racist?

Another cracker from you Gord. Well done.

Back on topic: Root failed again - barring that big score in the last test, does he really merit a place in the squad?

Give over you wind-up merchant.

You don't care who plays for England, as long as they lose.

You came on here to crow at a poor England performance in the first warm-up game of an Ashes tour. It's not even a test, and you're crowing for all your worth. Perhaps if your posts were less bombastic you might get away with it. But you're about as subtle as an Indian bookmakers' bung.

A million was a bit excessive, but here are just a few of the insults I've had thrown at me:

"Give over you wind-up merchant".

"Nothing apart from what I believe to be quite intentional racial tension Norbert."

"You contribute nothing here you irritating little troll. Jog on you clown."

"The guy is utterly obsessed. I know this is probably dangerous ground but considering the short shrift given to happyforeverclapper and saxoman on here in recent times, I can't help but wonder if the seemingly infinite patience afforded to BAWRs endless and constant bitterness towards English cricket has something to do with positive discrimination. Basically if he wasn't Indian would he have been banned months ago?

but he likes being like a dog returning to his own vomit."

"He's a glory hunting traitor, supports England national team at football as the Indian national team is guff."

"Hypocrite."

"You really are a brilliant advert for birth control."

"Christ, you're as bad as Mercerman."

"Those English fans'? What country were you born and raised in?? Traitor."

"Why are you still posting in this thread you turncoat traitor???"

"And here is the cretin who is the main reason I don't post much anymore. Biggest kean stirring idiot not only only on brfcs but also I'd wager the entire net."

"What a pathetic sad little individual ."

"Can the mods not ban this idiot again? I fail to see how he's any different at all to HappyForeverClapper. Both were banned for constant wumming, both have shown no change in approach whatsoever since their ban ended. HappyForeverClapper was immediately banned again.

That's prejudiced, stupid wumming from a prejudiced stupid wum."

Not my fault you get wound up. That's your own issue, not mine.

This sums up your posting style.

Deliberately provocative then play the victim.

You only have to look at the names of those (different) people that you have quoted above. All reasonable, level-headed people normally.

There is one common denominator though. I'll let you work out what that is.