BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Guest Norbert

See Stuart Broad had one of those amazing spells again. He seems to do that fairly often-be quite ordinary and then just put the hammer down.

And no doubt there will be one corner of England unhappy with that news ;), and frustrated they can't be a WUM.

It's say it was a good day for England. Haddin has been a thorn in our flesh before so no surprises there and Johnson's no mug with the bat either. If we can get them all out for close to 300 I'll be happy. I would have settled for that at the start of play. 350, I'd not be so happy. Great performance from Broad, lets hope they keep booing him. As a pal of mine used to say - " They don't bother booing bad 'uns ". A perfect reply to the pathetic, childish tripe he's had thrown at him.

On another tack it's an absolute national disgrace that there isn't even the highlights on steam TV. I suppose we'll get 30 seconds on the news. Where are the next generation of cricketers and fans going to come from ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Both sides will be happy with that first day, England will be frustrated that they let Australia off the at 132-6. Australia will be annoyed that all of the top six got themselves out to poor shots instead off getting out to good bowling, however they will know that any score of around 300 is a good score and puts you firmly in the test match.

What a load of tripe. Broad got most of them out with good bowling.

Around 300 is a good score if we only make 250 or so but not if we make 500. We won't know until we bat.

It's say it was a good day for England. Haddin has been a thorn in our flesh before so no surprises there and Johnson's no mug with the bat either. If we can get them all out for close to 300 I'll be happy. I would have settled for that at the start of play. 350, I'd not be so happy. Great performance from Broad, lets hope they keep booing him. As a pal of mine used to say - " They don't bother booing bad 'uns ". A perfect reply to the pathetic, childish tripe he's had thrown at him.

On another tack it's an absolute national disgrace that there isn't even the highlights on steam TV. I suppose we'll get 30 seconds on the news. Where are the next generation of cricketers and fans going to come from ?

That Broad newspaper front page has to be one of the worst I have seen. Their cricket reporters are like the Scottish football press - basically supporters with typewriters. It's pathetic.

What a load of tripe. Broad got most of them out with good bowling.

Around 300 is a good score if we only make 250 or so but not if we make 500. We won't know until we bat.

Anything around 300 is a competitive score in test cricket and it puts that team well in the test. None of the top 6 were got out by good bowling it was just poor shot selection.

Not sure this pitch is easy to bat on as some critics are saying. Plenty of pace and bounce, with a bit of swing. There's something in it for the bowlers all the time. The first session is massively important for England. After that, with a softer ball England can make progress assuming they haven't lost more than a couple of wickets.

You are well in the game with a score of 300 batting first on any wicket, and I don't believe that this wicket will get any easier to bat on. And there is something in for the bowlers but the shots that the top six got out to were poor shots.

Edited by somersetrover

The opener was beaten by a straight ifting ball, the same with Clarke (chin music the stone crushers call it). There was nothing either could have done about it. Have you played cricket ?

All Rogers had to do was drop his hands a move his body away from the ball, instead of jumping to play at a ball he couldn't and didn't do anything with.

As for Clarke he knew what was coming and he still got himself in a terrible mess because he is so stiff at the crease since these recurring back problems in the last 7 or 8 months, a really fit Michael Clarke would have just duked under that ball easily.

So both players were out because of technical problems which were exploited by the bowler, ie good bowling. Thank you.

Not technical problems just poor shots, Rogers usually plays the short ball very well, and if it wasn't the first session of an Ashes series he would have most likely just watched the ball go through to the keeper. Look at Strauss last series at the Gabba poor ball from Hilfenhaus short and wide outside off stump and he cut it straight to Mr. Cricket at gully, it was not good bowling but just a poor shot that he probably would not have played if it wasn't for the occasion.

Edited by somersetrover

Prediction time.

Expecting a tough series, but I still think England will prevail. Don't expect Australia to win a test. 2-0 England.

I think England will win 2-1. We should in Perth, and England will win two of Adelaide/Melbourne/SCG/Brisbane. There will be a draw somewhere.

That was my prediction before the season started, after yesterday maybe it will be England 3-1.

That Broad newspaper front page has to be one of the worst I have seen.

That's nothing. Here are some other front pages from the local Murdoch tabloids during the last election campaign

Clown.png

97120387.jpg

Telegraph.jpg

275643-dt-front-page-rudd.jpg

As an ex-Murdoch employee, I'm sure you're very proud

Edited by pg

That's nothing. Here are some other front pages from the local Murdoch tabloids during the last election campaign

Bold layouts and big headlines are fine but where's the quality and the humour ? The Broad effort was very poor, childish, like some sort of student magazine.

I think England will win 2-1. We should in Perth, and England will win two of Adelaide/Melbourne/SCG/Brisbane. There will be a draw somewhere.

That was my prediction before the season started, after yesterday maybe it will be England 3-1.

I think we both need to think again! Good as yesterday was for England, day 2 has been awful.

Now where is that promised rain?