BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sticks and stones really.

Im sure england are no angels and give it loads also. Its rumoured Anderson said somethign to bailey that prompted Clarkes broken hand outburst. Its just Jimmys comment wasnt picked up on the stumps mic

As for warner, he was nudged and prompted by questions for a response and he gave one

This is top level international sport not an under 6's tindly winks competition. If you reach this level and some unsavoury banter affects you, then you shouldnt be there in the 1st place

TS, you obviously don't go back far enough for Steve Waugh. The hardest captain I've ever seen.

Remember it's not to long ago where the likes of Anderson and Co were giving it large to the Aussies.

Remember the bit where Ponting had a cut put on his cheek? Remember thinking about that?

I remember Johnson, being given the bird because of his wayward bowling.

Swings and roundabout.

Chickens coming home to roost and all that.

There's giving it large and then there's spouting the sort of keans Clarke did. I don't remember an England captain threating to " Break Johnson' s Fecking Arm " . There's a sporting line in cricket and in this Test some Australian players, egged on by the captain, have crossed that line. I don't mind bad losers, I was one myself and nobody likes losing but bad winners I despise. I'm afraid Australia in most sports are the Worlds most ungracious winners.

On the Trott saga people obviously try to fight depression and the stigma attached to it means they tend to keep quiet until it's too late. I've read Trescothick's book and it seems Trott is suffering from the same thing. I'm just reading the biography of Robert Enke the German International goalkeeper who committed suicide a few years ago. Depression among pro sports men is more prevalent than you think. It seems the thoughtful, quiet, intelligent types are more prone to this ailment so Warner should have nothing to worry about.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

No problems with sledging, but I do feel that the Aussies crossed the line twice during the first test. The first was Warmer coming out with the stuff about Trott in his press conference and the second was Clarke, sledge all you want from your fielding position but walking upto Jimmy and abusing his face to face I felt crossed the line.

None of this affected the result as simply the Aussies were better than us and deserved to win.

No problems with sledging, but I do feel that the Aussies crossed the line twice during the first test. The first was Warmer coming out with the stuff about Trott in his press conference and the second was Clarke, sledge all you want from your fielding position but walking upto Jimmy and abusing his face to face I felt crossed the line.

None of this affected the result as simply the Aussies were better than us and deserved to win.

Anderson does that regularly himself.

Edited by somersetrover

Well clearly he isnt going to break his arms is he.....so yes I'd call it unsavoury banter

Do you actually know anything about cricket ? Plenty of players have had their their arms, hands , fingers broken . That may mean nothing to you but when you rely on those bits of your body to earn your living it's another story.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I was worried about Trott going home because as we all know England like to field at least 3 and a lot of the time recently 4 South Africans. Still I suppose they can replace him with a different nationality such as the Zimbabwe born Gary Balance or the New Zealand born Ben Stokes.

Edited by somersetrover

I was worried about Trott going home because as we all know England like to field at least 3 and a lot of the time recently 4 South Africans. Still I suppose they can replace him with a different nationality such as the Zimbabwe born Gary Balance or the New Zealand born Ben Stokes.

What's motivating these comments? Which international side do you follow?

It now turns out that Clarke was responding to a comment that Anderson had said he wanted to punch George Bailey in the face.

So it is a two way street, after all.

It seems the only thing Clarke did wrong, was get caught out saying what he did.

All this on top of Harmison admitting in July this year that they had gone over the top in 2005.

I think both sides have gone over the top in the past. It was disappointing to see the English team not answer any questions as they were leaving Brisbane Airport, it almost bordered on arrogance. Just goes to show that they like to play the game as well. Anyway, get on and play the damn game.

indeed, Nate.

Seeing Pietersen walk throught he airport with his headphones in saying "I can't hear you" a few times.

Why not say "I don't want to comment"?

He just looked stupid.

edit:

Why hasn't the BBC reported the news of "The Burnley Lara's" comment to George Bailey? It's been out for the best part of the day now.

Edited by dave birch

I think both sides have gone over the top in the past. It was disappointing to see the English team not answer any questions as they were leaving Brisbane Airport, it almost bordered on arrogance. Just goes to show that they like to play the game as well. Anyway, get on and play the damn game.

Reverting to stereotypes. Were they wearing bowler hats too ?

The team is called England by the way.

Anderson's alleged punch threat was a claim made by Warne. The BBC probably shares everyone else's view and regards his utterings as a waste of space.

Wht tf should they? If I was in charge (and even before the press dirty tricks campaign) only the manager and captain would be allowed to even speak a word to the aussie press cos it would just get twisted. Oh and facebook and twitter etc would be banned outright! Who do the convicts reporters think they are to dish all that sh1t and then expect to get favours. Just like our lot in the gutter press I'd not p1ss on them if they were burning.

Edited by thenodrog

Why hasn't the BBC reported the news of "The Burnley Lara's" comment to George Bailey? It's been out for the best part of the day now.

Probably cos it's unsubstantiated, they'd look stupid if everything they reported was based on heresay.

Dave you are taking the word 'turncoat' to extremes. You remind me of someone else...... here's a clue

Germany Australia calling....... Germany Australia calling. And you know what happened to him! :o

Edited by thenodrog

Reverting to stereotypes. Were they wearing bowler hats too ?

The team is called England by the way.

Anderson's alleged punch threat was a claim made by Warne. The BBC probably shares everyone else's view and regards his utterings as a waste of space.

Hardly reverting to a stereotype. I would of said the same if it were South Africa, Sri Lanka or even Australia. I don't get your point, if there even was one. I don't do stereotypes. I have a close relationship with the motherland, one which I quite enjoy.

Wht tf should they? If I was in charge (and even before the press dirty tricks campaign) only the manager and captain would be allowed to even speak a word to the aussie press cos it would just get twisted. Oh and facebook and twitter etc would be banned outright! Who do the convicts reporters think they are to dish all that sh1t and then expect to get favours. Just like our lot in the gutter press I'd not p1ss on them if they were burning.

There are very credible journos here that want to do their job and report to genuine cricket fans. I find it hard that the actions of one, albeit terrible newspaper would draw such a reaction.

I don't know if Anderson said what he said, but if he did, it smacks of double standards on his behalf. Anyway, an Australian win has made it interesting.

Do you actually know anything about cricket ? Plenty of players have had their their arms, hands , fingers broken . That may mean nothing to you but when you rely on those bits of your body to earn your living it's another story.

Then dont let it hit your arms...simples. Honestly this is all school playground kind of pathetic.

Jimmy threatened to punch him miss,

but clarkey said he'd break my arms,

but he started it miss,

no I didnt he did,

kean off Im telling your mum

Man up, play cricket and win the 2nd test

Probably cos it's unsubstantiated, they'd look stupid if everything they reported was based on heresay.

Dave you are taking the word 'turncoat' to extremes. You remind me of someone else...... here's a clue

Germany Australia calling....... Germany Australia calling. And you know what happened to him! :o

Are you suggesting I should be hanged for "Treason"?

hardly unsubstantiated, it was quoted by Warne on his twitter account (@warne888) that he had heard it via the stump mikes whilst he was in the Channel 9 box. Also, it's been widely reported here.

If he was lying , I'm sure "the Burnley Lara" will sue him.

indeed, Nate.

Seeing Pietersen walk throught he airport with his headphones in saying "I can't hear you" a few times.

Why not say "I don't want to comment"?

He just looked stupid.

edit:

Clarke should have left the pair of them to it.It seemed good natured sledging but Clarke took it to the next level.

And perhaps Clarke gave a little glimpse as to why the likes of Katich have had well publicised fall outs with him.

Clarke should have left the pair of them to it.It seemed good natured sledging but Clarke took it to the next level.

And perhaps Clarke gave a little glimpse as to why the likes of Katich have had well publicised fall outs with him.

It is a weird situation. People that love him, gush over him. Then on the other hand...