BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

No, SAR, the spat between The Kat and Clarke is a little bit closer than that.

I've never really taken to Clarke, never thought that he was captain material, but, he's been winning me over lately, with his aggressive tactics (not of the latest controversy type) in trying get a result, declarations etc.

• Like 1

Probably cos it's unsubstantiated, they'd look stupid if everything they reported was based on heresay.

Dave you are taking the word 'turncoat' to extremes. You remind me of someone else...... here's a clue

Germany Australia calling....... Germany Australia calling. And you know what happened to him! :o

You mentioned the war but you didn't get away with it (copywright Fawlty Towers).

If a Rovers supporter moved to Burnley would he stop supporting Rovers and follow Burnley ? Never.

An Englishman supporting Australia is the lowest of the low.

• Like 1

Reverting to stereotypes. Were they wearing bowler hats too ?

The team is called England by the way.

Anderson's alleged punch threat was a claim made by Warne. The BBC probably shares everyone else's view and regards his utterings as a waste of space.

Yeah Warne's just playing to the gallery, he must be smarter than that. Great bowler but his comments are usually rubbish. As for Somerset Rover, he's taken from that guy who talked himself into a ban.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Can anyone really take clarke serious when he's trying to act all aggressive. He's a wet fart...Jimmy would spark him out. its comical

You mean the bloke that does photo shoots for gay magazines.. O.k

Guess his daddy had his way with the dingle prick!!

Edited by Brad

This series really has taken a turn for the worse in every way. You always expect a bit of banter, but some of the stuff, in particular from the Australian media is just ridiculous. I certainly didn't expect this level of animosity.

The stuff written about Trott is frankly scandalous, "done a runner", and "taken his bat and ball home." When you also filter in wind up merchants like Malcolm Conn on Twitter leaves this series in danger of becoming the most unpleasant since leg theory.

This series really has taken a turn for the worse in every way. You always expect a bit of banter, but some of the stuff, in particular from the Australian media is just ridiculous. I certainly didn't expect this level of animosity.

The stuff written about Trott is frankly scandalous, "done a runner", and "taken his bat and ball home." When you also filter in wind up merchants like Malcolm Conn on Twitter leaves this series in danger of becoming the most unpleasant since leg theory.

Wiser councils than Clarke an co need to get a grip on this ASAP or one of the World's greatest sporting institutions will be permanently damaged. This latest incident with the announcer in Alice Springs thinking he was the first Ausie comedian is a disgrace. If this tour carries on like this I shudder to think what will happen when Australia tour here next time.

The announcer in Alice was doing it to all the players, he was doing a "Peter Sellars', stop being so precious.

I note that none of you have mentioned "The Burnley Lara's" comments to the Beeb. He admits to doing as bad or worse. Go over there have a look, comprehend, come back and comment.

One test in and you're all wetting yourselves.

I'll wait until the final test before I get upset/overjoyed.

I know next to nothing about cricket and care even less, but from what I've seen on the news and heard, it certainly seems like there is a greater degree of bitterness and nastiness in this series than ones previous. To be honest, I love that sort of thing. I think it's great when teams genuinely dislike eachother, it adds an extra dimension to the game and makes players behave in a manner that they wouldn't normally.

I don't have a problem with on field banter and sledging, and Anderson gives as good as he gets. As long as it doesn't cross the line it's fine.

What does concern me is the Australian media. England seem to have walked straight into a storm from day one that seems to be bordering on hatred. Yes again our media have proved themselves in the past to be far from angelic, but the treatment of Trott is indefensible. Here was an opportunity to raise awareness of mental health issues, but instead, they decided to mock the man.

I know next to nothing about cricket and care even less, but from what I've seen on the news and heard, it certainly seems like there is a greater degree of bitterness and nastiness in this series than ones previous. To be honest, I love that sort of thing. I think it's great when teams genuinely dislike eachother, it adds an extra dimension to the game and makes players behave in a manner that they wouldn't normally.

Exactly, this is cricket. If we lose the element of sportsmanship that cricket has we might has well pack it in. When I played you clapped opposing batsmen to and from the wicket.

The announcer in Alice was doing it to all the players, he was doing a "Peter Sellars', stop being so precious.

I note that none of you have mentioned "The Burnley Lara's" comments to the Beeb. He admits to doing as bad or worse. Go over there have a look, comprehend, come back and comment.

Yeah, Peter Sellars , very funny. It's 2013, well it is here anyway.

Australians started this sledging lark in the 1960s and 70s. As an Englishman yourself I look forward to you celebrating with us at the end of the series. As always we'll do it well and with a bit a style with none of the gloating Australians indulge in. If we lose we'll take it on the chin and try to come back stronger next time. It's the English way - as you as an Englishman know.