BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

This is wonderful to watch at the moment, superb cricket by Australia and fight back after losing 3-0 against recently the #1 Test playing nation in the world.

Has anyone heard from Beefy or David Gower? Tall cool glasses of class and dignity

Edited by neekoy

Guest Norbert

So they're like the Australian media then?

In some ways it is good to see Johnson getting his confidence back (though I wish it was during their next test series). There are not that many truly frighteningly fast bowlers, and it is not good to see someone being torn to bits and shattered. Unless it's a Burnley player or fan.

This is wonderful to watch at the moment, superb cricket by Australia and fight back after losing 3-0 against recently the #1 Test playing nation in the world.

Has anyone heard from Beefy or David Gower? Tall cool glasses of class and dignity

You want to read Glenn McGrath in The Guardian. Just a cheerleader for the Australian team. I don't think he's mentioned England so far this series. I'm amazed a quality paper is paying good money for such one sided tripe.

Massive this third test, looking like it's going to be nudging 40 degrees for the five days.. Winning the toss and batting first is a no brainer!! 100% guaranteed a result here..

If your lot win the toss, and can manage to post 300 the series is still well and truly alive!!

The way the weather has been in melbourne can see a delayed draw on a batsmans paradise..

Good luck!!

I haven't seen anything that Gower has said that might be disrespectful to the Aussies or inflammatory. Botham suggested after the Brisbane capitulation that England might respond aggressively in Adelaide. That went well didn't it? Nothing that either have said that might be deemed undignified although I stand to be corrected.

Some non cricket writers in the UK penned some disrespectful nonsense after the last two Ashes series but they have someway to go to match some of the gutter stuff the Aussie hacks have been churning out since the Poms arrived Down Under.

Test wise I read that Steve Finn has been rigorously going through his paces in the nets over the past couple of days. He has had a dip since doing really well in 2010/11 and Perth might be the place to rediscover his mojo. He isn't express but he is sharp and can send the ball down from 7' plus. On the WACA's bouncy track he might get the Aussies jumping about a bit.

I haven't seen anything that Gower has said that might be disrespectful to the Aussies or inflammatory. Botham suggested after the Brisbane capitulation that England might respond aggressively in Adelaide. That went well didn't it? Nothing that either have said that might be deemed undignified although I stand to be corrected.

Botham, before the series also predicted a 5-0 win for England and said some fairly disrespectful things about the Australian's.

As for Gower he has recently said that Australia is a country with no culture and that the people have an animal mentality.

Botham, before the series also predicted a 5-0 win for England and said some fairly disrespectful things about the Australian's.

As for Gower he has recently said that Australia is a country with no culture and that the people have an animal mentality.

Botham was talking @#/?, Gower ? Well I can't argue with any of that. The culture bit ,- " if the cap fits, wear it ". As far as the rest is concerned they're doing their best to prove him right all the time. Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I stand corrected then!

I'm surprised Botham said that as 3-0 clearly flattered England in the Old Dart so to suggest a cleansweep in the Aussie's backyard would seem a bit fanciful. As for Gower's comments then they are inaccurate as well as a bit daft. Clearly, a young country like Australia can't match Europe for culture but if he were to sample the laneways of Melbourne he would see that the cafe culture and galleries there match anything in the UK outside of London.

Gower actually said in a Radio Times interview magazine: "How can you have a clash of cultures when you're playing against a country with no culture?"

Unfair really because the real Australians (those nice indigenous chaps in the outback) do have their own culture. I think he was referring to the descendants of convicts but I couldn't possibly comment.

Gower actually said in a Radio Times interview magazine: "How can you have a clash of cultures when you're playing against a country with no culture?"

Unfair really because the real Australians (those nice indigenous chaps in the outback) do have their own culture. I think he was referring to the descendants of convicts but I couldn't possibly comment.

The epithet 'convict' doesn't apply to the freely settled colony of South Australia :)

I stand corrected then!

As for Gower's comments then they are inaccurate as well as a bit daft. Clearly, a young country like Australia can't match Europe for culture but if he were to sample the laneways of Melbourne he would see that the cafe culture and galleries there match anything in the UK outside of London.

Australia and it's indigenous inhabitants are an ancient country and civilisation which remained unspoiled and uncorrupted for 500 centuries. White settlers have been there for 3 of them.

I've never been to Australia but I do get the feeling that the newbies completely disregard the aborigines and their history and consider them as fitting in somewhere between a kangaroo and a dingo in the native fauna.

The epithet 'convict' doesn't apply to the freely settled colony of South Australia :)

They will be breeding with them chris. Mark my words that extra Y chromosome will be increasing every generation.

Winning the toss will be important as the temp is going to be in the high 30's for most of the test.

BTW, Theno, you should come and have a look to really see how backward we are out here. I actually saw a neolithic version of Shakespeare's "Comedy Of Errors" last saturday at that decrepit building on the Harbour foreshore.